West Brom v Aston Villa | Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg

Day

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Tbf I think most fans would gladly have Grealish in their team. Technically, he one of the best in the division. It's his character not his ability that folk don't seem to rate but then the Championship is a rough and tumble league compared to the Prem, where his antics would barely be noticed and he'd likely not get kicked so much.

I disagree there. The likes of Zaha and Hazard get kicked to pieces and I reckon he’d join them.

Chris Martin went down easily all the time and we all loved him for it. Grealish does that, is twice the player of Martin, is captain and a local boy. I’d adore him if I was a Villa fan, as most do.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Tbf I think most fans would gladly have Grealish in their team. Technically, he one of the best in the division. It's his character not his ability that folk don't seem to rate but then the Championship is a rough and tumble league compared to the Prem, where his antics would barely be noticed and he'd likely not get kicked so much.

Bit like Maddison when he was at Norwich before joining Leicester - been one of their best players this season where he's had more time and space compared to what he had in the Championship.

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

When I say stupid I mean people who think he’s crap and can’t look past their biases.

Biases against who? Or what? 

You can have all the ability in the world but it doesn’t make cheating right. 

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's official... WBA have a more annoying PA Guy than we do!

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's official... WBA have a more annoying PA Guy than we do!

Absolutely NOT possible. Ours is garbage YOOF

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I disagree there. The likes of Zaha and Hazard get kicked to pieces and I reckon he’d join them.

Chris Martin went down easily all the time and we all loved him for it. Grealish does that, is twice the player of Martin, is captain and a local boy. I’d adore him if I was a Villa fan, as most do.

It may look like I’m targeting your opinions and really I’m not but I disagree we all loved Chris Martin for falling over. It got tedious too. 

If you’re a good player back your skill, don’t drop onto your arse and start slapping the ground like a toddler 

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

He's no Hazard or Zaha mate! I'd very much doubt he'd get anything like the attention they do.Referees protect players more in the Prem than in our league too, I reckon.

As for loving Grealish, our own fans have slaughtered Wilson for going down to easy so you need to accept that there are two schools of thought on players like Grealish. He's not everyone's cup pf tea for sure. I'd take him in a heartbeat personally, but it's not hard to see why folk don't like him.

5 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Biases against who? Or what? 

You can have all the ability in the world but it doesn’t make cheating right. 

And ‘cheating’ doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s one of the best, if not the best, player in the league.

2 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

It may look like I’m targeting your opinions and really I’m not but I disagree we all loved Chris Martin for falling over. It got tedious too. 

If you’re a good player back your skill, don’t drop onto your arse and start slapping the ground like a toddler 

No worries, we all disagree. And you may be right about it getting tedious - my mum hated him for it. But I reckon the majority didn’t care as long as it benefited us. I think winning free kicks is a skill, you don’t, so I reckon we’ll have to agree to disagree.

18 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

And ‘cheating’ doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s one of the best, if not the best, player in the league.

No worries, we all disagree. And you may be right about it getting tedious - my mum hated him for it. But I reckon the majority didn’t care as long as it benefited us. I think winning free kicks is a skill, you don’t, so I reckon we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Is this true? Really? What a sad state football is in. 

Archived