West Brom v Aston Villa | Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg

David

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it only me who thinks Grealish is by some distance the best player outside the Prem?

Wonderful player, fouled more in one season than Hazard is in three, yet never gets due credit.

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Is it only me who thinks Grealish is by some distance the best player outside the Prem?

Wonderful player, fouled more in one season than Hazard is in three, yet never gets due credit.

Because people are stupid. The reason why he wins so many free kicks is not because he throws himself to the ground every chance he gets, but because defenders rightly recognise him as a huge threat and have to bring him down. He does go down easily but convincing the referee is a skill in itself, and he's brilliant at it. Opposition fans call him a dirty cheat and scream that he's overrated whilst he's absolutely schooling their team. He's getting scouted by Spurs whilst Championship fans claim he's crap.

But what do Champions League finalists Tottenham Hotspur know compared to the average, biased Championship fan? 

9 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Because people are stupid. The reason why he wins so many free kicks is not because he throws himself to the ground every chance he gets, but because defenders rightly recognise him as a huge threat and have to bring him down. He does go down easily but convincing the referee is a skill in itself, and he's brilliant at it. Opposition fans call him a dirty cheat and scream that he's overrated whilst he's absolutely schooling their team. He's getting scouted by Spurs whilst Championship fans claim he's crap.

But what do Champions League finalists Tottenham Hotspur know compared to the average, biased Championship fan? 

By people I assume you include me when you say ‘stupid’. 

Well, I did not once say he isn’t a good player. The reason he gets so many free kicks is because yes, he’s fouled quite often, but he also continually cheats and goes down too easy. Well, your opinion may be that it’s a desired skill but my opinion is that it’s cheating and it’s and absolute scourge to the game. Boring as hell watching all the protests, the posing of the ref and the intricate setting up of free kicks. Spurs know that being able to con a ref is rife in the prem and has been for years which I think is a detriment to the game and it’s now infected the lower leagues. But then I’m old enough to remember when football was a sport and not entertainment 

16 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

By people I assume you include me when you say ‘stupid’. 

Well, I did not once say he isn’t a good player. The reason he gets so many free kicks is because yes, he’s fouled quite often, but he also continually cheats and goes down too easy. Well, your opinion may be that it’s a desired skill but my opinion is that it’s cheating and it’s and absolute scourge to the game. Boring as hell watching all the protests, the posing of the ref and the intricate setting up of free kicks. Spurs know that being able to con a ref is rife in the prem and has been for years which I think is a detriment to the game and it’s now infected the lower leagues. But then I’m old enough to remember when football was a sport and not entertainment 

When I say stupid I mean people who think he’s crap and can’t look past their biases.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

When I say stupid I mean people who think he’s crap and can’t look past their biases.

Tbf I think most fans would gladly have Grealish in their team. Technically, he one of the best in the division. It's his character not his ability that folk don't seem to rate but then the Championship is a rough and tumble league compared to the Prem, where his antics would barely be noticed and he'd likely not get kicked so much.

Archived