Clamour blockage

Archied

12 hours ago, Archied said:

Forum blocked by the can’t wait for us to lose brigade clamouring to crucify the manager?

As opposed to having to sift through drivel like yours where anybody else’s opinion is not valid?. 

People are not stupid, it was poor and he left his most potent goal threat on the bench in favour of a striker getting on a bit who hasn’t scored since last October. Would love to know what he thought Nugent would give us and if that was more critical to team play than what Marriott provides?. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 minute ago, SWRam said:

No guarantee we would have scored the penalty.

Of course,  in fairness we are due a miss.

7 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

As opposed to having to sift through drivel like yours where anybody else’s opinion is not valid?. 

People are not stupid, it was poor and he left his most potent goal threat on the bench in favour of a striker getting on a bit who hasn’t scored since last October. Would love to know what he thought Nugent would give us and if that was more critical to team play than what Marriott provides?. 

Really ? Marriott has been worse than poor and offered nothing for some time ,loses the ball constantly ,constantly fouls defenders out of frustration thus giving teams an easy way out ,relieving the pressure on them ( high press is short for high pressure ) and before we get all the stuff regards he not getting game time perhaps if he showed anything when he came on he would get more ,Bennett has ,perhaps Marriott needs to take a look at Bennett 

15 hours ago, Archied said:

Really ? Marriott has been worse than poor and offered nothing for some time ,loses the ball constantly ,constantly fouls defenders out of frustration thus giving teams an easy way out ,relieving the pressure on them ( high press is short for high pressure ) and before we get all the stuff regards he not getting game time perhaps if he showed anything when he came on he would get more ,Bennett has ,perhaps Marriott needs to take a look at Bennett 

Can’t disagree before his illness he was poor but so is Nugent, consistently not a threat for us. Bennett is not even worth a conversation, hit and miss. 

Marriott isn’t Waghorn and will hold the ball up with average success but he offers a threat in the box and an opportunity to play a different way. 

If you play long ball with a 6’5 CF and he is out injured and your replacement is 5’9 you don’t play long ball do you?. With Waghorn out we need to play a different style incorporating Marriott, it’s our best chance.

COYR

18 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Can’t disagree before his illness he was poor but so is Nugent, consistently not a threat for us. Bennett is not even worth a conversation, hit and miss. 

Marriott isn’t Waghorn and will hold the ball up with average success but he offers a threat in the box and an opportunity to play a different way. 

If you play long ball with a 6’5 CF and he is out injured and your replacement is 5’9 you don’t play long ball do you?. With Waghorn out we need to play a different style incorporating Marriott, it’s our best chance.

COYR

Purely on personal choice I WOULD be playing Marriott over nugent with the instruction to Marriott that I fine him for any stupid needless fouls on defenders that let them off the hook as for me that’s his most frustrating weakness , but I do argue the toss when people claim it’s such a clear cut easy choice to extent that the manager and his coaching staff are some kind of fools that know nothing about football, we even had someone claim we were beaten before we started as our players heads would have accepted we were beaten when they saw nugent name on the team sheet,

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Purely on personal choice I WOULD be playing Marriott over nugent with the instruction to Marriott that I fine him for any stupid needless fouls on defenders that let them off the hook as for me that’s his most frustrating weakness , but I do argue the toss when people claim it’s such a clear cut easy choice to extent that the manager and his coaching staff are some kind of fools that know nothing about football, we even had someone claim we were beaten before we started as our players heads would have accepted we were beaten when they saw nugent name on the team sheet,

Yes I agree that’s farcical to even suggest. News that Kemar Rolfe and Forshaw are out.  They are down to bare bones but they still have players that fit their system which is a luxury we probably don’t have

Archived