Just had a thought...

Mucker1884

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I vaguely remember semi regular (like every few seasons) there being a friendly for the BCT while we were in the Prem/they were in league one. 

Edit: just checked, we won the BCT in 2007 from a friendly. Also in answer the the post below, 2008 and 2009 we held the trophy from FA/League Cup wins over them. 

Don't worry we'll win it back when we play them in friendly, to celebrate the opening of their new state of art stadium.

No as you were. Theres more chance of them being promoted than them paying for and building a new stadium.

29 minutes ago, Err ram io said:

Point of order - do cup matches count for the BCT?

Drawing Forest in league or FA Cup is possible ?? (But unlikely ??)

The first time it was played was in a pre-season friendly in 2007. Cup ties count.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

If we get what we wish for this month, that could mean "They" could keep the BCT for decades... and decades... and decades... and decades...  

Hardly seems fair, after looking after it for so long!

It would be Fat Kenny's bragging rites for a few years at least

On 07/05/2019 at 17:54, RamLad1884 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I vaguely remember semi regular (like every few seasons) there being a friendly for the BCT while we were in the Prem/they were in league one. 

Edit: just checked, we won the BCT in 2007 from a friendly. Also in answer the the post below, 2008 and 2009 we held the trophy from FA/League Cup wins over them. 

2 divisions between us for that friendly though

Archived