Rank your top 10 loanees of all time

Day

Just sat here quietly reminiscing over the season, asked myself where do Mount, Tomori and Wilson rank in our best loanees at the club?

Rank your top 10 of all time loanees in a Derby shirt, you can include players that joined on loan that we later signed.

@Mucker1884 or @Parsnip will be the first to create a top 10 horrible loan signing list, calling it now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

Just sat here quietly reminiscing over the season, asked myself where do Mount, Tomori and Wilson rank in our best loanees at the club?

Rank your top 10 of all time loanees in a Derby shirt, you can include players that joined on loan that we later signed.

@Mucker1884 or @Parsnip will be the first to create a top 10 horrible loan signing list, calling it now.

Outrageous. Give me one example where I've used such poor and predictable humour? 

Just for that, you're going to be the butt of a particularly clever but cruel joke in the near future which will achieve minimum 20 laugh reactions - all of them at you.

Count me out! 

With my poo* memory, I'm lucky if I could come up with eleven names of family members, let alone Rams players who weren't even Rams players!

*I actually wrote "poo"... Am I being brainwashed here?   !!!

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Outrageous. Give me one example where I've used such poor and predictable humour? 

Just for that, you're going to be the butt of a particularly clever but cruel joke in the near future which will achieve minimum 20 laugh reactions - all of them at you.

Well batted, Rooty.

Like yer style!  

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Come on, let’s hear your 10

waiting GIF

I'd go for, that bloke from Everton, then the 3 we've got now, and that's about all I can remember. Oh King too, but he'd only make the list because I cant remember any others.

1. Everton bloke

2. These 3

10. King

1. Leon Osman

2. George Thorne 

3. Stern John 

4. Fiko Tomori 

5. Mason Mount

6. Arturo Lupoli 

7. Mounir El Hamdoui (sp) 

8. Harry Wilson 

9. Shefki Kuqi 

10. Nico Barazite 

Probably forgotten some big hitters too. 

, Off the top of my head...and I’ll probably completely forget some, especially players who then  signed permanent and I’ve forgotten they were on loan first....

1. Leon Osman

2. Fikayo Tomori

3. George Thorne

4. Mason Mount

5. Taribo West

6. Harry Wilson

7. Jordan Ibe

8. Andre Wisdom

9. David Jones

10. Arturo Lupoli

Sith Happens

Bent was a great loan, just not so good after we signed him. Cwyka as a loan was excellent.

10.Paul Dickov - surprisingly useful

9. David Jones - played a part in Billy's promotion season.

8. Barry Bannan - tidy wee player in the early nigel days.

7. Dazza Bent* - was on fire on loan

6. Jamie Ward* - OK, we'd agreed to sign him but was initially a loan but a typical good nigel signing, cheap, committed and useful.

5. Harry Wilson - some World class moments

4. Fiko Tomori - key defender

3. Tom Ince* - on fire on loan

2. Leon Osman - single handedly dragged that team out of the mire and kept them up.

1. Mason Mount. Little needs to be said. Like having Osman but for a full season in Burley's play off team.

*means we signed them after the loan.

Honorable mention for Chris Martin who was in loan before we signed him, but wasn't very good until Macca came in.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I'd put Chris Martin near the top of the list. Probably just after Leon Osman.

Dont recall him being that special on loan, remember thinking we only signed him cause he was free.

Simon Dawkins was brilliant on loan but utter poo once we signed him. I'm glad to see someone mention El Hamdaoui. He was unfortunate with injuries during the season but I always thought we should have pursued him. Had a great career in Holland afterwards.

I'm too young to remember Leon Osman all too well so mine is:

1 Tomori

2 Mount

3 Thorne

4 Ibe

5 Wilson

6 Bent

7 Ince

8 Wisdom

9 Lupoli

10 El Hamdaoui

Special shout outs to Stead, Bannan, Dickov, Mears and Kuqi.  Fielding and Butland were also good loan signings. Ghaly was probably our best player in the second half of THAT season

Worst 10 would feature gems like Thome, Sunu, John, Graham (couldn't hit a barn door), Kazmierczak, Pereplotkins,...

51 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Dont recall him being that special on loan, remember thinking we only signed him cause he was free.

In full agreement with you about Martin's loan period. Couldn't understand why we then signed him but happily to be proved  wrong on that. Think he was a good loan as I doubt we would have signed him permanently if he hadn't come on loan originally

Archived