Christchurch Attacks

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

It seems far too often things happen for which you can't think of the proper words to use.

I just can't imagine what goes through the mind of someone who would commit such an atrocity.

Its devastating so many innocent people have lost their lives and the grief their family and friends will be going through.

So Sad.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

It seems far too often things happen for which you can't think of the proper words to use.

I just can't imagine what goes through the mind of someone who would commit such an atrocity.

Its devastating so many innocent people have lost their lives and the grief their family and friends will be going through.

So Sad.

It’s weird that an Australian did it. By which I mean, New Zealand is a great country, is emigrate their in a heart beat. But they’ll be blighted by this, like New Zealand is an unsafe place to be. A mass shootings go, this is one of the most atrocious ever. 

But it would be like an American coming here, committing a mass shooting, and it looks like the UK is an unsafe place to be. 

I realise there’s a lot more at stake here than the New Zealand tourist board having a bad day, but that’s all a bit weird. 

Just feel for the kiwis of all denominations. It’s ducking horrible. 

Like any truly shocking crime, it is difficult to understand the mental state of the perpetrator.

We can assume that the individual is mentally ill possibly suffering from some sort of paranoia combined with a violent and sadistic compulsion. Disturbed backgrounds, disaffection, social isolation, drug abuse, the desire for some kind of notoriety - there are probably lots of factors which tip an individual over the edge. it is presumably legitimised in their own mind as a response to the events in paris, manchester, nice, london etc. It also reminds me of the las vegas shootings where an obsession with powerful weapons may be another significant factor. 

Is the individual mad or bad?  

In some ways it just holds a mirror up to society and begs questions about the availability of weapons, the use of social media, and even the underlying racism which is supporting various ideologies from brexit, to Trump, to isis, to whatever else demonises others. 

On 16/03/2019 at 21:22, RamNut said:

Like any truly shocking crime, it is difficult to understand the mental state of the perpetrator.

We can assume that the individual is mentally ill possibly suffering from some sort of paranoia combined with a violent and sadistic compulsion. Disturbed backgrounds, disaffection, social isolation, drug abuse, the desire for some kind of notoriety - there are probably lots of factors which tip an individual over the edge. it is presumably legitimised in their own mind as a response to the events in paris, manchester, nice, london etc. It also reminds me of the las vegas shootings where an obsession with powerful weapons may be another significant factor. 

Is the individual mad or bad?  

In some ways it just holds a mirror up to society and begs questions about the availability of weapons, the use of social media, and even the underlying racism which is supporting various ideologies from brexit, to Trump, to isis, to whatever else demonises others. 

Mentally ill or not, I hope they lock this c..t up with some lebanonese and Afghan inmates and let him think about that every time he opens his eyes. Fooking scum.l haven’t a religious bone in my body but attacking defenceless people in the middle of a service is just a dog act. 

Utter scum, and painfully stupid scum at that. His reasoning for committing these attacks is utterly retarded. I'm afraid I have no time for mental health issues or potential rehabilitation when it comes to criminals like this. When they've already taken so much from others I don't see why society should owe them a chance at a costly rehabilitation.

12 hours ago, Anon said:

Utter scum, and painfully stupid scum at that. His reasoning for committing these attacks is utterly retarded. I'm afraid I have no time for mental health issues or potential rehabilitation when it comes to criminals like this. When they've already taken so much from others I don't see why society should owe them a chance at a costly rehabilitation.

What's he saying his reasoning is?

1 hour ago, bigbadbob said:

What's he saying his reasoning is?

He wrote a whole manifesto. If you've ever found yourself arguing with any white identitarians you can take a pretty good guess at the contents. There's a lot of rambling about "the great replacement" (falling white birthrates etc...) and invaders from a foreign culture. There's lots written about extremist islamic terror attacks in Europe and rape gangs (Rotherham and others too numerous to catalogue).

The key point is "accelerationism". I'm massively over simplifying here, but it's the belief that it would be a good thing to purposefully destabilize society to such an extent that it breaks down entirely. The guy hopes that this attack will inspire copycat killers, he hopes that it will inspire revenge attacks from Muslims, and he hopes it will encourage western governments to increase paranoia amongst their citizens by restricting freedoms and information. It's no coincidence that you see many similarities between these goals and the goals of extremist islamic terrorists. Monkey see, monkey do.

On 19/03/2019 at 18:59, StringerBell said:

He was right about one thing though. Subscribe to Pewdiepie.

Nah you're alright.

It's very sad though that so many people subscribe and watch Pewdiepie videos on YT in peace and don't go out and commit atrocities, yet this one guy commits a terrorist act shouting "subscribe to Pewdiepie" and then people go blaming the Youtuber for radicalising people, and demonise everyone else who subscribes to Pewdiepie

That's so wrong isn't it?

6 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Nah you're alright.

It's very sad though that so many people subscribe and watch Pewdiepie videos on YT in peace and don't go out and commit atrocities, yet this one guy commits a terrorist act shouting "subscribe to Pewdiepie" and then people go blaming the Youtuber for radicalising people, and demonise everyone else who subscribes to Pewdiepie

Yeah, someone like this could cry ‘the BBC rules’ as he slaughters dozens. Doesn’t mean that everyone who watches the bbc is a radical. 

Imagine if someone did something like this wearing a Derby shirt. 

8 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Nah you're alright.

Jordan Peterson is now to blame according to some book seller in New Zealand. And Chelsea Clinton is to blame as well apparently. 

19 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I've been struck by the leadership and example set by the New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern. Showed enormous statesmanship at a very difficult time.

Compared to the shrill robotic tones and utterly unedifying spectacle of our own female leader, its chalk and cheese. 

Strange I found her slightly false. 

Cant put my finger on why though. 

15 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Jordan Peterson is now to blame according to some book seller in New Zealand. And Chelsea Clinton is to blame as well apparently. 

Phew - so at least we're agreed that when a terrorist commits an atrocity we shouldn't blame whatever twisted delusional version of his belief system he has arrived at (when there are millions upon millions of other people living happily in peace who subscribe to the same "channel")

8 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Phew - so at least we're agreed that when a terrorist commits an atrocity we shouldn't blame whatever twisted delusional version of his belief system he has arrived at (when there are millions upon millions of other people living happily in peace who subscribe to the same "channel")

Is this an allusion to all those times when I said all Muslims were to blame for Islamic terrorism in your head?

Archived