I wish Lampard were more like McVay

Bob The Badger

A couple of years ago the L.A. Rams appointed 30-year-old Sean McVay, the youngest ever head Coach in the history of the game - now stay with me, this isn’t about American Football.

In his first season, he turned a franchise that hadn’t made the playoffs in over a decade to a divisional winner. Then in his second season, he took them to the Super Bowl.

In the opinion of most people who follow the game, he’s destined for greatness.

There has been comments and complaints by a few people on this board about how both Frank and Jody use social media.

Some feel that talking about Chelsea and using it for private stuff could indicate a lack of commitment to the club.

Then again, there are others like @David who disagree.

When we hired Frank I was on the fence. I didn’t really have a strong option. However, I thought the parallels with McVay were intriguing and maybe he could hit the ground running in a similar fashion.

And he kind of did, but since then, it's all gone south.

So here’s my point.

McVay is a voracious student of the game, reading pretty much anything and everything that covers gridiron.

He councils opinion from anybody and everybody in the league who has experience. And then he takes what makes sense to him and discards what doesn’t. He also brought in a 70-year-old defensive coordinator with a wealth of experience and success to help him

He admits he steals plays from other teams (well within the rules btw, and not even frowned upon), and at least until now (things may change, we’ll see how he deals with the Super Bowl loss where he was schooled by Bill Belichick of the Patriots) he learns quickly from his mistakes. he doesn't care, he just wants to win.

Plus, after every single fricken loss he stands in front of the camera and takes 100% responsibility. He literally never blames the officials, the players or bad luck. It takes it all on board.

So here’s the deal

McVay doesn’t use social media. He has accounts, but he doesn’t post to them. That’s because when he’s not boning his smoking hot girlfriend he’s utterly obsessed with football.

In season he is in the training facility, 7 days per week at between 5 and 5.30am every morning and usually leaves between 8 and 9pm. After the Super Bowl loss, he took a weeks vacation and was then back at work.

He’s all over the Internet, but other than the odd picture his g/f posts to Instagram it’s entirely Rams related. 

I’m not saying Frank shouldn’t be on Twitter talking about his social life, I’m really not sure about that. I have nothing to compare it to. Are the truly great managers in the game now doing that? Or are they too focussed? That’s a genuine question, I just don’t know.

Even though he had his media dalliances (which effectively caused his demise at Derby), I doubt Clough would have been on Twitter or letting everybody know that he really wants to go and manage Sunderland, or even Hartlepool for that matter, one day 

Frank clearly isn’t learning from his mistakes, at least not yet. And it doesn’t *appear* that his dedication to Derby is beyond reproach.

I definitely think we should give him until the end of next season. We have to stop this ducking merry-go-round. But there’s nothing short of a few games early on to suggest that he’s up for the job.

Sean-McVay-GF-595x351.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember seeing any complaints over Frank and Jody's social media usage when we were winning, only now performances have dropped and results haven't been going our way.

I'm sure you probably felt this way at the time, but sharing those views now things are not great comes across as a bit petty, finding anything to vent your frustration at the pair.

Painting a picture of them laughing and joking around on social media, not taking the job seriously unlike the super professional role model that is Sean McVay. 

All about the timing, and this is way off.

Do you know what time they arrive at Moor Farm in the morning and leave at night, or even how many days they spend down the training ground a week?

I suspect not, and without that information it's a really strange post to be honest.

Unless it has an impact on the club negatively, which you have no proof it does, I really don't see the problem what they or the players get up to in their downtime or even toilet time which is where I catch up on Instagram myself.

If you want to pick faults, look at the recent games, performances and results, plenty to get your teeth in without going as deep as their social media usage.

12 minutes ago, David said:

I don't remember seeing any complaints over Frank and Jody's social media usage when we were winning, only now performances have dropped and results haven't been going our way.

I'm sure you probably felt this way at the time, but sharing those views now things are not great comes across as a bit petty, finding anything to vent your frustration at the pair.

Painting a picture of them laughing and joking around on social media, not taking the job seriously unlike the super professional role model that is Sean McVay. 

All about the timing, and this is way off.

Do you know what time they arrive at Moor Farm in the morning and leave at night, or even how many days they spend down the training ground a week?

I suspect not, and without that information it's a really strange post to be honest.

Unless it has an impact on the club negatively, which you have no proof it does, I really don't see the problem what they or the players get up to in their downtime or even toilet time which is where I catch up on Instagram myself.

If you want to pick faults, look at the recent games, performances and results, plenty to get your teeth in without going as deep as their social media usage.

Well, you obviously went into reading that with your mind made up.

I clearly said I'm not sure about the whole SM thing. Similarly, I also expressed doubt in that original thread about whether it was an issue. 

So in summary, here are my actual beliefs are, as opposed to what you seem to think they are for some bizarre reason I'm not privy to.

I want Frank to be given another full season.

I don't know whether social media use by him and Morris means anything much.

It does seem that Frank isn't learning from his mistakes.

We are trending in the wrong way and that is somewhat concerning.

It's highly unlikely he has the same determination or work ethic McVay does.

I'm not sure whether the last point means anything at this stage, but I would love to hear that he's reaching out to numerous experienced heads. Maybe has and it's all under wraps, I dunno. But I have no problem saying I simply don't know and hearing what other people think.

22 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Well, you obviously went into reading that with your mind made up.

I clearly said I'm not sure about the whole SM thing. Similarly, I also expressed doubt in that original thread about whether it was an issue. 

So in summary, here are my actual beliefs are, as opposed to what you seem to think they are for some bizarre reason I'm not privy to.

I want Frank to be given another full season.

I don't know whether social media use by him and Morris means anything much.

It does seem that Frank isn't learning from his mistakes.

We are trending in the wrong way and that is somewhat concerning.

It's highly unlikely he has the same determination or work ethic McVay does.

I'm not sure whether the last point means anything at this stage, but I would love to hear that he's reaching out to numerous experienced heads. Maybe has and it's all under wraps, I dunno. But I have no problem saying I simply don't know and hearing what other people think.

I had no idea what this post would be, I received the notification you had mentioned me, quickly scrolled to find the line which said I would disagree which I was intrigued by as I don't recall having any disagreement with you so assumed you had read a post elsewhere then read your post.

Your reply now makes me think I've got the wrong end of the stick, but reading your post again I'm still seeing a complaint on how you wish he was more professional like Sean McVay and didn't use social media, even dug some pictures up his wife posted. 

Further adding you don't believe he shares the same determination or work ethic that Sean McVay does, based on what exactly? I really don't mean to come across as rude but how would you even know what they do behind closed doors? Which is why I said earlier this comes across as very strange, and petty.

If you have some exclusive insight into their lives please do share, but if you listen to anyone in the game they will tell you that Frank loves this game and a top professional.

Finally for what it's worth Frank doesn't even use Twitter, he has an Instagram account which has a total of 19 posts since he joined the club. 3 of which were Chelsea related, thanking them for the welcome and congratulating Droga and Terry on their retirement.

I've gone to the trouble of detailing each image and date for you.

05/02/19 - Picture with Reg Harrison congratulating him on his freedom of the city.

28/01/19 - Picture of his wife and baby out in Derbyshire Dales

24/01/19 - Picture on the training ground getting ready for the FA Cup

08/01/19 - Reposting a video on awareness for kids with Cancer

29/12/18 - Picture of the bench celebrating the winner away to Norwich

22/11/18 - Picture of Droga, few nice words on his retirement

01/11/18 - Picture of the Lampard flag at Stamford Bridge thanking them for the welcome.

09/10/18 - Picture of himself being awarded at the legends of football

07/10/18 - Picture of himself with John Terry with a few nice words on his retirement

25/09/18 - Picture of the players celebrating the win at Old Trafford

21/09/18 - Reposting a picture of himself, Christine after giving birth

13/09/18 - Posting a picture of training at Pride Park

07/09/18 - Posting a picture of training at Moor Farm

02/09/18 - Positing a picture of him with Christine on his day off (Sean McVay doesn't do day's off!)

01/08/18 - Positing a video of a BT Sports advert

15/07/18 - Positing a thumbs up picture after a pre season game

08/06/18 - Posting a picture of himself with Jamie Redknapp letting people know he's on Instagram now.

31/05/18 - Posting a video of his welcome video on the Pride Park pitch

31/05/18 - Posted a picture of himself on the pitch after getting the job.

8 minutes ago, David said:

I had no idea what this post would be, I received the notification you had mentioned me, quickly scrolled to find the line which said I would disagree which I was intrigued by as I don't recall having any disagreement with you so assumed you had read a post elsewhere then read your post.

Your reply now makes me think I've got the wrong end of the stick, but reading your post again I'm still seeing a complaint on how you wish he was more professional like Sean McVay and didn't use social media, even dug some pictures up his wife posted. 

Further adding you don't believe he shares the same determination or work ethic that Sean McVay does, based on what exactly? I really don't mean to come across as rude but how would you even know what they do behind closed doors? Which is why I said earlier this comes across as very strange, and petty.

If you have some exclusive insight into their lives please do share, but if you listen to anyone in the game they will tell you that Frank loves this game and a top professional.

Finally for what it's worth Frank doesn't even use Twitter, he has an Instagram account which has a total of 19 posts since he joined the club. 3 of which were Chelsea related, thanking them for the welcome and congratulating Droga and Terry on their retirement.

I've gone to the trouble of detailing each image and date for you.

05/02/19 - Picture with Reg Harrison congratulating him on his freedom of the city.

28/01/19 - Picture of his wife and baby out in Derbyshire Dales

24/01/19 - Picture on the training ground getting ready for the FA Cup

08/01/19 - Reposting a video on awareness for kids with Cancer

29/12/18 - Picture of the bench celebrating the winner away to Norwich

22/11/18 - Picture of Droga, few nice words on his retirement

01/11/18 - Picture of the Lampard flag at Stamford Bridge thanking them for the welcome.

09/10/18 - Picture of himself being awarded at the legends of football

07/10/18 - Picture of himself with John Terry with a few nice words on his retirement

25/09/18 - Picture of the players celebrating the win at Old Trafford

21/09/18 - Reposting a picture of himself, Christine after giving birth

13/09/18 - Posting a picture of training at Pride Park

07/09/18 - Posting a picture of training at Moor Farm

02/09/18 - Positing a picture of him with Christine on his day off (Sean McVay doesn't do day's off!)

01/08/18 - Positing a video of a BT Sports advert

15/07/18 - Positing a thumbs up picture after a pre season game

08/06/18 - Posting a picture of himself with Jamie Redknapp letting people know he's on Instagram now.

31/05/18 - Posting a video of his welcome video on the Pride Park pitch

31/05/18 - Posted a picture of himself on the pitch after getting the job.

I cannot go a day without some journalist, player, ex-player, opposing coaching staff member or janitor talking about McVay's work effort and drive online or in some media article.

It's so intense it cannot possibly be hidden it's a constant talking point. 

I think McVay is an enigma and maybe it's an unfair measuring stick to live up to. I'm not saying nor meaning to imply FL doesn't have a strong work ethic, I really don't know.

I'm just comparing him to the person in a similar position for the only other sports team I follow closely.

It may be petty if I had some agenda or wanted him out, but I don't.

You're here all the time and post a lot so I can imagine you forgot about the OP. It was actually about Morris rather than Frank.

Most people on boards like thsi have super strong and intractable positions. I'm kinda past all that. There are too many shades of grey to cling on to any one viewpoint other than Trump's an utter tool and we should never have sold Will Hughes. They're facts.

Sorry but you don't need to throw yourself into something 24/7 to become good at it.

Learn from your mistakes is key - today wasn't the day to do as many changes as he did.

Become good at making key decisions, you either have this ability or you don't.

Listen from people around you.

That doesn't mean 24/7 working. 

I wouldn't want the bloke to be doing that. I hope he goes home tonight, turns the tele off, sits down with Christine, hugs his baby, and doesn't think about it. Then wake up tomorrow, sit down the coaching team, watch the game back, identify the improvements and then focus on Tuesday's huge game.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I cannot go a day without some journalist, player, ex-player, opposing coaching staff member or janitor talking about McVay's work effort and drive online or in some media article.

It's so intense it cannot possibly be hidden it's a constant talking point. 

I think McVay is an enigma and maybe it's an unfair measuring stick to live up to. I'm not saying nor meaning to imply FL doesn't have a strong work ethic, I really don't know.

I'm just comparing him to the person in a similar position for the only other sports team I follow closely.

It may be petty if I had some agenda or wanted him out, but I don't.

You're here all the time and post a lot so I can imagine you forgot about the OP. It was actually about Morris rather than Frank.

Most people on boards like thsi have super strong and intractable positions. I'm kinda past all that. There are too many shades of grey to cling on to any one viewpoint other than Trump's an utter tool and we should never have sold Will Hughes. They're facts.

I remember posting about Jody Morris but never had a disagreement with you. I hightlighted a bunch of tweets on Derby from Jody which the OP claimed "as well as the apparent reluctance to mention who actually pays his wages these days"

You replied, which I then replied to with this...

Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 20.41.53.jpeg

If you think I'm now going into your topics with some kind of grudge, I can assure you I'm not. I read your post with a complete open mind and I'm sorry but I do disagree with you and find it very strange, even more so with Frank not even on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

A couple of years ago the L.A. Rams appointed 30-year-old Sean McVay, the youngest ever head Coach in the history of the game - now stay with me, this isn’t about American Football.

In his first season, he turned a franchise that hadn’t made the playoffs in over a decade to a divisional winner. Then in his second season, he took them to the Super Bowl.

There has been comments and complaints by a few people on this board about how both Frank and Jody use social media.

Some feel that talking about Chelsea and using it for private stuff could indicate a lack of commitment to the club.

When we hired Frank I was on the fence. I didn’t really have a strong option. However, I thought the parallels with McVay were intriguing and maybe he could hit the ground running in a similar fashion.

So here’s my point.

McVay is a voracious student of the game, reading pretty much anything and everything that covers gridiron.

He councils opinion from anybody and everybody in the league who has experience. And then he takes what makes sense to him and discards what doesn’t. He also brought in a 70-year-old defensive coordinator with a wealth of experience and success to help him

He admits he steals plays from other teams (well within the rules btw, and not even frowned upon), and at least until now (things may change, we’ll see how he deals with the Super Bowl loss where he was schooled by Bill Belichick of the Patriots) he learns quickly from his mistakes. he doesn't care, he just wants to win.

Plus, after every single fricken loss he stands in front of the camera and takes 100% responsibility. He literally never blames the officials, the players or bad luck. It takes it all on board.

So here’s the deal

McVay doesn’t use social media. He has accounts, but he doesn’t post to them. That’s because when he’s not boning his smoking hot girlfriend he’s utterly obsessed with football.

In season he is in the training facility, 7 days per week at between 5 and 5.30am every morning and usually leaves between 8 and 9pm. After the Super Bowl loss, he took a weeks vacation and was then back at work.

He’s all over the Internet, but other than the odd picture his g/f posts to Instagram it’s entirely Rams related. 

I’m not saying Frank shouldn’t be on Twitter talking about his social life, I’m really not sure about that. I have nothing to compare it to. Are the truly great managers in the game now doing that? Or are they too focussed? That’s a genuine question, I just don’t know.

Even though he had his media dalliances (which effectively caused his demise at Derby), I doubt Clough would have been on Twitter or letting everybody know that he really wants to go and manage Sunderland, or even Hartlepool for that matter, one day 

Frank clearly isn’t learning from his mistakes, at least not yet. And it doesn’t *appear* that his dedication to Derby is beyond reproach.

I definitely think we should give him until the end of next season. We have to stop this ducking merry-go-round. But there’s nothing short of a few games early on to suggest that he’s up for the job.

Crikey, thought you were talking about Esther for a minute.....

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Sorry but you don't need to throw yourself into something 24/7 to become good at it.

Learn from your mistakes is key - today wasn't the day to do as many changes as he did.

Become good at making key decisions, you either have this ability or you don't.

Listen from people around you.

That doesn't mean 24/7 working. 

I wouldn't want the bloke to be doing that. I hope he goes home tonight, turns the tele off, sits down with Christine, hugs his baby, and doesn't think about it. Then wake up tomorrow, sit down the coaching team, watch the game back, identify the improvements and then focus on Tuesday's huge game.

I never said you did.

Although having said that, the true greats across almost all human fields tended to be obsessive.

They are almost always the people who practiced more, worked a tad harder, studied a bit longer.

But yeah, I'd rather Frank unwind than burnout if he doesn't have that obsessive personality.

I did say he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes though, so we agree on that.

I just watched a 30-second segment of his after match interview and he said this:

'I seen it coming. If you don't keep high, high standards day in day out these things can come'

So if he saw it coming, that must be definition mean they haven't been keeping high standards day in day out.

I would be prepared to bet a great deal that the one thing Frank is doing tonight is thinking about today's performance and how he tries to make sure that it isn't repeated on Tuesday, whether he's with Christine or not, whether Patricia's wailing away in the background, whether he has his two other girls with him and he's taken them out or whether he's sitting with John Terry, Jody Morris and Ashley having a beer.  He's probably not good company tonight.

If people can't see how driven the guy is to be a success, how upset he gets about performances like todays, then I feel sorry for you.

6 minutes ago, David said:

I remember posting about Jody Morris but never had a disagreement with you. I hightlighted a bunch of tweets on Derby from Jody which the OP claimed "as well as the apparent reluctance to mention who actually pays his wages these days"

You replied, which I then replied to with this...

Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 20.41.53.jpeg

If you think I'm now going into your topics with some kind of grudge, I can assure you I'm not. I read your post with a complete open mind and I'm sorry but I do disagree with you and find it very strange, even more so with Frank not even on Twitter.

I didn't mean we disagreed, I was pointing out that you disagreed with the OP. I was on the fence.

I was merely trying to make the point that some people think it's an issue and others don't. You were the only person I could remember that didn't think it was, hence I tagged you.

I'll say it again, just for the hell of it. I have no clue whether Morris's Twitter comments mean much. However, if (and I have not heard this myself so it may be BS) Frank has said he wants to manage Chelsea whilst he's been the manager at Derby, then that is very much grounds for concern. 

2 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I would be prepared to bet a great deal that the one thing Frank is doing tonight is thinking about today's performance and how he tries to make sure that it isn't repeated on Tuesday, whether he's with Christine or not, whether Patricia's wailing away in the background, whether he has his two other girls with him and he's taken them out or whether he's sitting with John Terry, Jody Morris and Ashley having a beer.  He's probably not good company tonight.

If people can't see how driven the guy is to be a success, how upset he gets about performances like todays, then I feel sorry for you.

No need to feel sorry for me mate, even though it's kind of you.

I don't give a crap how upset he is, that means next to nothing. 

Billy Davies used to get upset a lot, so did Pearson, so did Paul Jewell and Phil Brown. Did you see the Accrington Stanley manager after the game, he was almost suicidal and Roy Keene used to get homicidal.

20 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I didn't mean we disagreed, I was pointing out that you disagreed with the OP. I was on the fence.

I was merely trying to make the point that some people think it's an issue and others don't. You were the only person I could remember that didn't think it was, hence I tagged you.

I'll say it again, just for the hell of it. I have no clue whether Morris's Twitter comments mean much. However, if (and I have not heard this myself so it may be BS) Frank has said he wants to manage Chelsea whilst he's been the manager at Derby, then that is very much grounds for concern. 

I've not heard him say anything of the sort whilst Derby manager, he did speak about it being a dream job a week before being appointed manager at a BBC Media day. 

“I have thought about coaching and I have been working at Chelsea with the academy all year, around my media stuff," Lampard exclusively told Goal during the BBC Media Day.

"I am enjoying the media and it’s been great for me to finish, have some different time to work on my coaching, but also have breaks with the family, plus work in the media. That allows me to keep one foot in the game, so I’ve got my eye on both.

“Chelsea, of course, is like a dream job that will be there one day. But that is not always the route that it takes, so it might take me to go somewhere else before I can ever do that. We will see, but I certainly have ambitions to do it.

“How could I not take it if Chelsea offered me the job? Chelsea are my club and I feel like I have a lot to offer. But that’s obviously for other people to decide, for important people, if and when I am ready to do that."

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/lampard-dreams-of-managing-chelsea/1bsgjhwlp0g1k1u4k32fz2fgwo

At the first fans forum back in August, 2 months into his time at the club

Couple of months later, October when we played Chelsea in the cup:

Discussed as a future Chelsea manager, Lampard believes the prospect should not be entertained until he has achieved the success to merit it.

“No, because I am pragmatic about those things,” he said when asked if he dreams of managing the club one day. “In football your next game is all-important. I don’t see anything beyond playing Chelsea, and then I will concentrate on Birmingham at the weekend.

“So to dream is one thing, but in reality, what happens next will rely on what I do here. Hopefully I can bring success to this club.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/30/frank-lampard-will-not-celebrate-derby-upset-chelsea-stamford/

Finally last month when linked with the job

“My job is here,” Lampard told a Derby media conference on Monday.

“We’re working very hard and my thoughts are on Ipswich Town on Wednesday, and Brighton on Saturday.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/frank-lampard-brushes-off-links-with-chelsea-job-1.3790230

If anyone can provide quotes from Frank claiming that he wants to manage Chelsea whilst he's been at Derby I would love to see them.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

So here’s my point.

So here’s the deal

I’m not sure what your message says but the pictures are great, thanks. 

31 minutes ago, David said:

I've not heard him say anything of the sort whilst Derby manager, he did speak about it being a dream job a week before being appointed manager at a BBC Media day. 

“I have thought about coaching and I have been working at Chelsea with the academy all year, around my media stuff," Lampard exclusively told Goal during the BBC Media Day.

"I am enjoying the media and it’s been great for me to finish, have some different time to work on my coaching, but also have breaks with the family, plus work in the media. That allows me to keep one foot in the game, so I’ve got my eye on both.

“Chelsea, of course, is like a dream job that will be there one day. But that is not always the route that it takes, so it might take me to go somewhere else before I can ever do that. We will see, but I certainly have ambitions to do it.

“How could I not take it if Chelsea offered me the job? Chelsea are my club and I feel like I have a lot to offer. But that’s obviously for other people to decide, for important people, if and when I am ready to do that."

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/lampard-dreams-of-managing-chelsea/1bsgjhwlp0g1k1u4k32fz2fgwo

At the first fans forum back in August, 2 months into his time at the club

Couple of months later, October when we played Chelsea in the cup:

Discussed as a future Chelsea manager, Lampard believes the prospect should not be entertained until he has achieved the success to merit it.

“No, because I am pragmatic about those things,” he said when asked if he dreams of managing the club one day. “In football your next game is all-important. I don’t see anything beyond playing Chelsea, and then I will concentrate on Birmingham at the weekend.

“So to dream is one thing, but in reality, what happens next will rely on what I do here. Hopefully I can bring success to this club.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/30/frank-lampard-will-not-celebrate-derby-upset-chelsea-stamford/

Finally last month when linked with the job

“My job is here,” Lampard told a Derby media conference on Monday.

“We’re working very hard and my thoughts are on Ipswich Town on Wednesday, and Brighton on Saturday.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/frank-lampard-brushes-off-links-with-chelsea-job-1.3790230

If anyone can provide quotes from Frank claiming that he wants to manage Chelsea whilst he's been at Derby I would love to see them.

Me too which is why I said it may be BS 

9 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Me too which is why I said it may be BS 

So all that’s left is Jody Morris’s tweets and if they mean anything? 

No secret he’s a Chelsea fan and I would bet my house on him wanting to manage or be the assistant at Chelsea one day, that doesn’t mean he works any less for Derby.

If we were in the Premier League and they were divisional rivals I could understand his tweets may annoy, I wouldn’t be surprised if he posted less knowing this himself, but right now there is no issues. 

50 minutes ago, David said:

Ask him again next week after we've been battered by Wigan.

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So is he going or not? And who’s this yank replacement we have lined up?

I just got hold of him and he's up for the challenge as long as he can bring in Sir Alf Ramsey as his #2. I like the fact he's not dissuaded by a bit of death. Pretty sure Frank would poo-poo a bit of forward thinking like that  

He's working hard in a Bangkok massage parlor at the moment. Apparently he has his eye on a tight end. 

After that's he's swinging through Malibu to check out a prospect who's on a surfing holiday and he'll call in at Derby when he's been to Stamford Bridge. I presume he means the battle field site as he's a keen historian. 

18 minutes ago, David said:

So all that’s left is Jody Morris’s tweets and if they mean anything? 

No secret he’s a Chelsea fan and I would bet my house on him wanting to manage or be the assistant at Chelsea one day, that doesn’t mean he works any less for Derby.

If we were in the Premier League and they were divisional rivals I could understand his tweets may annoy, I wouldn’t be surprised if he posted less knowing this himself, but right now there is no issues. 

I'm giving up trying to say I've no opinion. 

Maybe if we were in a bar having a beer you could see me shrugging a lot. 

Archived