Derbyshire Cricket 2019

eddie

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

Didn't make any difference - in the end he had a good long bowl (23 overs and never troubled anyone, but that's no slur on Critchley). Only one winner in this game - the pitch. @sage, the Memsahib and I called it a draw at tea on day 1 - just shy of a thousand runs in 3 days for the loss of just 12 wickets. A bowler's graveyard - it was like watching batsmen having a net.

We're not even bothering to go tomorrow, settling instead for a few miles walking in the sunshine along the canal. I suppose that it's possible for the captains to contrive a situation whereby a run chase can be set up - say an overnight declaration, Derbyshire have 2 and a half hours or so batting and set Middlesex 300 off the last 50 overs, but that sort of scenario makes the whole thing a farce.

Can’t be doing with pitches like that, I lost interest in the game by the tea interval.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Can’t be doing with pitches like that, I lost interest in the game by the tea interval.

We stuck it out until 5:00 pm, then realised that shopping for vegetables at Lidl was more interesting.

Team to face Worcestershire. I was hoping Hughes & Van Beek would be dropped for Madsen & Lace and that’s exactly what they’ve done. 

Makes the batting line up look deep, but relies on the all rounders to bowl plenty of overs. But Van Beek has been pretty ineffective anyway.

2BE1A4B5-E534-42EB-866B-162018E2974E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Reverend said:

Surely this is not a bowlers pitch. Another very poor batting display.

63-6!!

0-3 in 2.1 overs after lunch. I wonder what they had?

108 all out

hudson-prentice top scoring with 31

first Worcester wicket falls without a run on the board.

Superb effort from Tom Lace, who does what both teams only just managed yesterday and scores 100 runs, 101 not out to be exact, a good knock of 69 from Madsen as well, we finish the day 272-6. 

Hopefully we should now set a target of 300 plus

Archived