Derbyshire Cricket 2019

eddie

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was an absolute masterclass from the best England bowler of his generation, and I feel privileged to have watched it. At 36 years old, he just gets better and better.

As has been said elsewhere in the thread, Lancashire's second-string bowlers were totally anonymous, but Onions was excellent, and James Anderson simply spellbinding to watch.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Not a good toss to lose. Batting on a damp pitch against Anderson and Onions. Ouch. 

Uncontested toss. We were always going to be inserted, unfortunately, especially with the heavy cloud cover to add to the drenching the ground has had over the last week. It's a miracle we only started 3 hours late - big ups to the groundstaff for getting the ground playable.

Lancashire 236 all out. 6 wickets for Reece, 2 for Rampaul, 1 for Van Beek and a maiden first class wicket for Sam Conners.

lead is 80 odd, big question can we bat well enough to put the pressure on their last innings, or will Anderson steam roll through us again with Onions .

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Lancashire 236 all out. 6 wickets for Reece, 2 for Rampaul, 1 for Van Beek and a maiden first class wicket for Sam Conners.

lead is 80 odd, big question can we bat well enough to put the pressure on their last innings, or will Anderson steam roll through us again with Onions .

Doesn't sound like the catering has improved. 

2 hours ago, Reverend said:

19-4!!

I despair. Lancs could win by an innings here. Total capitulation.

If Reece is injured I hate to think what will happen next game.

To be fair, in these conditions Anderson, backed up by Onions can decimate any batting line up. 

Reece is only a decent swing bowler and had a similar effect on the Lancashire batsmen, unfortunately he didnt have anyone backing him up, but Lancs hardly piled on the runs themselves.

Archived