Derbyshire Cricket 2019

eddie

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most ludicrous declaration I can remember since Dean Jones virtually threw the game against Hants with a ridiculous declaration just before he left us, game at Chesterfield which I watched. Aldred got 80, that's how good the pitch was for batting!!! What was the thinking here? We could not bowl them out on that pitch in that time, it was a game we could not win so why give them the chance to win a drawn game. Beggars belief. Mind you having seen the way we batted in the 20/20 v Leicester nothing really surprises me anymore....

Knocked them off for the loss of just 1 wicket. 51 no from Madsen. 4th place with 2 games to go. 

Theres been plenty of criticism recently, but if they pull of making the quarter finals, that will be some effort. But then, you kind of expect the next performance to be awful ?‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Great win especially after conceding 28 from the first two overs. Big game tomorrow which no doubt we will blow in a Derbyshireesque performance.

I hope you are wrong but I fear that you will be right. When the pressure is REALLY on we always seem to blow it.....

I think only Durham can stop us qualifying now as if teams on level points it is on number of wins. So they need to win their last 2 games, we lose at Lancs and then they beat our net run rate. If we lose tomoz it will help if we don't get hammered.  We have a few toes in the quarters ?

Archived