Our team

Big Trav

If I’m being honest it’s not good enough too many average/sub par players mixed with good players. 

Wisdom average

bryson average 

zoon average/poor

nuge poor 

lawrence inconsistent

johnson poor 

carson seems surprisingly arevage this season aswell. 

Not even going to mention Alex Pearce and the players faded out of the team

If we want to challenge for promotion we need a better overall team as our team at the moment seems to be a heavy reliance on mount Wilson and Marriott 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Redcar said:

Carson excellent

Mount excellent

Wilson excellent

Bogle youth we asked for

Tomori youth we asked for 

Marriott goal scorer we asked for

———————-

Shoots from the hip.... he scored!

Yes all these players are good. Apart from Carson who’s average at the moment in my opinion. But these players alone can’t carry us to promotion if the rest of the players around aren’t good enough 

1 minute ago, Redcar said:

Carson excellent

Mount excellent

Wilson excellent

Bogle youth we asked for

———————-

Decent five a side team then with one sub. Oh and three of them are not Derby players lol. Not the stuff of long term dreams.

56 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Carson excellent

Mount excellent

Wilson excellent

Bogle youth we asked for

———————-

Mount hasn’t done to much recently, been bullied out of a lot of games

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Carson excellent

Mount excellent

Wilson excellent

Bogle youth we asked for

———————-

Carson - best keeper we have had since Poom 

Mount - been great on the most part, still young future England international... I imagine us being like Preston fans being able to say Beckham played for them.

Wilson - wow... what a peg he has on him.

Bogle... the future is bright... massive career ahead of him.

Tomori - very good apart from today but let’s slag him off on one bad performance.

Marriott - absolute work horse who chases everything and pesters defenders.

how dare we look at positives after a bad result?! 

9 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Carson - best keeper we have had since Poom 

Mount - been great on the most part, still young future England international... I imagine us being like Preston fans being able to say Beckham played for them.

Wilson - wow... what a peg he has on him.

Bogle... the future is bright... massive career ahead of him.

Tomori - very good apart from today but let’s slag him off on one bad performance.

Marriott - absolute work horse who chases everything and pesters defenders.

how dare we look at positives after a bad result?! 

Agreed except I'm a bit disappointed with Bogle just at the moment. when attacking he seems to run into trouble far too often. But, as you say, the future is bright, he'll come good if we have the patience to stick with him. 

Injuries disrupted us at a time when we were on fire. Lost continuity and confidence as a result, it looks like they’re searching for it at the moment, very much like the opening two months of the season. Also remember that it all seemed to start clicking in the Blackburn game though we didn’t win it, we then smashed Brentford when they were flying and went on a good run for about 4 weeks. 

There has been signs of a return to form, Bristol wasn’t bad and we did create, and we looked really good first half yesterday and deserved to be winning at half time not losing. Second half Sheffield United won the key battles and scored at crucial times. Need to dust ourselves down and move on. 

I think we’re also being hampered by a lack of depth in certain positions where haven’t got sufficient cover for injuries and loss of form. I thought that after the transfer window closed. Lampard was always going to need 2-3 windows to shape his team, I think he’s done well considering he’s only had one.

Top 2 is looking beyond us, but we’re right in the playoff mix and after the Leeds game we’ll have a run of fixtures that gives us the opportunity to earn serious points if we’re at it. This period will make/break our season.

Archived