Notts County sack Harry Kewell

Day

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know someone who was approached by their Chairman before they appointed Harry, at the time I thought it was maybe a discussion worth having.

The big reservation was how trigger happy he was. I think in the end he turned down the opportunity even to talk and it looks like he was spot on.

Shame really as they're a decent little club, probably got the potential fan base to be a Rotherham or even a Preston/Peterboro type, top half of league one/struggling championship side.

Another example of a chairman thinking he knows more about football than he does. Kewell was never going to make it but only getting 7 or eight games is a joke.

24 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Phil Brown to take over I reckon.

They should give Steve Chettle a crack, he's still part of their backroom I think. Him and Mark Crossley will know the club and the players as well as anyone and lets be honest, looking at the Chairman's track record, you'd have to be nuts or already their to touch it with a barge pole.

22 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

They should give Steve Chettle a crack, he's still part of their backroom I think. Him and Mark Crossley will know the club and the players as well as anyone and lets be honest, looking at the Chairman's track record, you'd have to be nuts or already their to touch it with a barge pole.

Chettle has only been their a couple of months after Hardy took him from his other club Ilkeston.

Hardy seems to love the limelight and can't keep his mouth shut. Just got a driving ban too for repeated speeding offences (in which he feels he should be above the law).

15 hours ago, Boycie said:

My neighbour was moaning about the rubbish results, I thought the other fella Nolan was still in charge ?

Sacked him when they were bottom of the table, brought in Kewell who took them all the way to one place above the relegation and then sacked him.

Archived