We could have the pick of the litter in January

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28 October 2018 at 10:03, Rampage said:

Bottom 7 teams in Premier  have played a total of 68 games and won 7 between them. None of them can play like we can play. Food for thought. Fulham hammered everyone for over 20 games, they have scored 11 in 10 games and conceded 28.we are feasting on football at present. 

Is this meant to be an arguement in support of not being bothered about getting promoted as I would imagine many would think there's a reasonable chance we'd be in that bottom 7? 

We can play like we are in the championship but could we in the prem? Highlighting Fulham is a good example. Once they'd got their act together they were one of the best and most entertaining teams last season but, look at them now. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Is this meant to be an arguement in support of not being bothered about getting promoted as I would imagine many would think there's a reasonable chance we'd be in that bottom 7? 

We can play like we are in the championship but could we in the prem? Highlighting Fulham is a good example. Once they'd got their act together they were one of the best and most entertaining teams last season but, look at them now. 

We won't know how we'll play, perform in the Premiership until we are there. If and when we are promoted, it will be the responsibility of the manager to assemble a team that is capable of competing in that league. Frank and his staff have starting this building process. Wednesday night will show how good a fist they are doing in laying the foundations of a good team.

Whether Chelsea play all their stars or lesser used squad players, who are still above average premiership players. It will be a stiffer test for us than we had in the last round.

Were we ever actually reported to be going in for Ampadu?

One that I would consider having, although it is a push as we already have quality defenders, do we need to bloat the squad even more? 

The only position that I think we need cover for would be goalkeeper, I don't believe that Roos would be good enough to step in if Carson was to get injured. However I am happy to be proved wrong.

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Emphasis on football feast, T. RAM

Where do you play these new players if they come?

We have plenty of options up front and in the middle.

Tomori will be even better on the right of defence with Davies on the left. I believe this is the scenario Frank had planned before the injury to Davies.

We have Wisdom and Bogle, Fozzie and Malone as full backs. Pearce Tomori Davies Keogh as Centre backs. 

Why bring anyone in just to make are squad bigger and create more headaches for Frank. It must be difficult picking a side out of our talented group as it is?

We can move some out if anything.

Anya, Thorne and Butterfield need to go for the sake of their careers.

Leave it be unless we get a few injuries to key players.

1 hour ago, Full Screw said:

Where do you play these new players if they come?

We have plenty of options up front and in the middle.

Tomori will be even better on the right of defence with Davies on the left. I believe this is the scenario Frank had planned before the injury to Davies.

We have Wisdom and Bogle, Fozzie and Malone as full backs. Pearce Tomori Davies Keogh as Centre backs. 

Why bring anyone in just to make are squad bigger and create more headaches for Frank. It must be difficult picking a side out of our talented group as it is?

We can move some out if anything.

Anya, Thorne and Butterfield need to go for the sake of their careers.

Leave it be unless we get a few injuries to key players.

Completely agree ....unless some out of contract dream deal lands in our lap. ( he says hopefully) 

we need to tidy up and get ready for the big step up. ?

Archived