Time too give Bogle a break ?

Rambalin

In Frank i trust.

Frank and Jodie are seeing the players in a day to day basis and their influence and progress as both individuals and as a team so wouldn't want to comment on whether he should be rested. I was more surprised that Lawrence came on for Bryson? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought bogles form has dipped in the last few games myself, can still see the potential mind but I don’t know whether maybe the teams drop in form affecting his confidence a bit, understandable in a young player like him. Sometimes he’s not been quite as committed defensively, so I must say I would’ve considered dropping him yesterday, but he actually started to look a lot better second half, partly as he started to link up more in the final third rather than trying to do it all himself.

With WBA posing a similar sort of threat to sheff United, I’d personally see no reason to change bogle, or most of the team in fact for Wednesday night (Bryson’s injury naturally affects this). What I would say however, with Middlesbrough clearly posing a different  kind of (but no less potent) threat, I would actually change the team regardless of what happens on Wednesday for saturdays game, especially due to the quick turnaround. That would include swapping bogle for wisdom to deal with the aerial threat, as well as make sure he doesn’t get too fatigued. Fitness is vitally important and no player should be out there if they ain’t 100% fit and ready.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Think even his poorest games have been better than Wisdom has played this season

He has earned the shirt and is our first choice RB.

He does not need mollycoddling just the understanding that, like 100% of our squad, he will make mistakes.

The through ball for Lawrence was sublime.

He’s just had two weeks off match play, he’s fine, even Harry Kane had a quiet game on Saturday by all accounts, you can’t turn out a 100% every game.

He’s due a goal, I can’t wait for him to score, I recon he’ll go crazy when he does.

I rate Bogle hes a great young prospect. Frank will know whether or not to take him out of the first team picture for a bit or keep playing him.

IMO Tomori could be moved to RB too allow Davies  to get back into the team. Not forgetting Wisdom who is a solid enough defender at this level ... nice to have quality options.

He looked tired before the international break, but having had that, there's no reason to at the moment just for the sake of it.

As far as his perceived poor performance Saturday... Forsyth had the exact same issue. Sheffield United play a system where they overload the fullback using their wing backs. Both our fullbacks were often left defending 2 or 3 players on their own, with little help from our own wingers and Tomori/Keogh being occupied by their strikers. It looked like Lampard hadn't really done his homework first half, and as far as I could tell, the simple change second half was defending 20 yards further up the pitch to stop them pinning us deep, putting wing backs as high and wide and possible and hitting those diagonals which were constantly on first half.

So no, he wasn't his 100% best Saturday, but they were mitigating circumstances. I highly doubt he's come across a team playing that system before, and constantly testing your defensive positioning and decision making quite like that.

Archived