Cannabis on the NHS?

Coneheadjohn

7 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Serious question, is this stuff legally obtained and if so where from? ( I'm not the old bill btw). I ask because I suffer quite badly with arthritis. Whilst I take prescription medication to alleviate the symptoms, some days that just isn't effective enough. 

Steve it’s totaly legal and there is no thc that causes the high , my back at times was so painful that I was on strong anti inflammatory pills prescribed from doc but they caused so much stomach probs that it was safer and better to put up with the back pain ,,, whenever anybody tells me hard work never harmed anyone I offer them my back ,knees ,shoulder and ankles after 30 odd years roofing?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Archied said:

Steve it’s totaly legal and there is no thc that causes the high , my back at times was so painful that I was on strong anti inflammatory pills prescribed from doc but they caused so much stomach probs that it was safer and better to put up with the back pain 

Cheers.I know what you mean. I have similar problems with my medication. It's something I'll have to seriously consider. Googled it earlier but my only concern is where to source it from. Buying stuff like that on-line is a bit of a minefield to me.

16 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Cheers.I know what you mean. I have similar problems with my medication. It's something I'll have to seriously consider. Googled it earlier but my only concern is where to source it from. Buying stuff like that on-line is a bit of a minefield to me.

Will message you a few links Steve when I get chance , do you vape ? 

I've tried cannabis a couple of times and I don't understand it personally. My girlfriend smokes it on occasion as a social activity with friends but I don't have an issue with it. I found it more like having a drink in a way. But I don't like the smell. Politicians, the media etc have hyped it up to have a stigma and a negative to the body but I've never had issues with people who use it. And nobody I know who smokes cannabis has become a worse person. The drug class system is a joke. Cannabis is nowhere near as harmful as Ketamine yet Cannabis is ranked a higher level of danger. Even Spice (the zombie drug) is the same level as Cannabis. Have these politicians ever seen people under the influence of Spice? It's bloody awful. That drug has taken over Derby city centre and it's horrible to witness.

Cannabis like anything else, taken in moderation is fine and has no worse effects on the body than smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol.

14 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

I've tried cannabis a couple of times and I don't understand it personally. My girlfriend smokes it on occasion as a social activity with friends but I don't have an issue with it. I found it more like having a drink in a way. But I don't like the smell. Politicians, the media etc have hyped it up to have a stigma and a negative to the body but I've never had issues with people who use it. And nobody I know who smokes cannabis has become a worse person. The drug class system is a joke. Cannabis is nowhere near as harmful as Ketamine yet Cannabis is ranked a higher level of danger. Even Spice (the zombie drug) is the same level as Cannabis. Have these politicians ever seen people under the influence of Spice? It's bloody awful. That drug has taken over Derby city centre and it's horrible to witness.

Cannabis like anything else, taken in moderation is fine and has no worse effects on the body than smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol.

It’s an interesting question with the legal alcohol users/ sellers looking down on the non legal drugs and users of them , all I can tell you as a once long term heavy user of cannabis is that it’s very much like alcohol in terms of you see people who use it socially and safely with no problem but you also see people that it totaly destroys mentally and emotionally with the anxiety and paranoia it produces in most users , my experience is that it tends to be most harmful in the young if they use it too heavily before they have built their lives and personalities 

anyway that’s all poss a bit too close to political debate

On 13/10/2018 at 20:39, Archied said:

Steve it’s totaly legal and there is no thc that causes the high , my back at times was so painful that I was on strong anti inflammatory pills prescribed from doc but they caused so much stomach probs that it was safer and better to put up with the back pain ,,, whenever anybody tells me hard work never harmed anyone I offer them my back ,knees ,shoulder and ankles after 30 odd years roofing?

That’s interesting...cheers.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

It’s an interesting question with the legal alcohol users/ sellers looking down on the non legal drugs and users of them , all I can tell you as a once long term heavy user of cannabis is that it’s very much like alcohol in terms of you see people who use it socially and safely with no problem but you also see people that it totaly destroys mentally and emotionally with the anxiety and paranoia it produces in most users , my experience is that it tends to be most harmful in the young if they use it too heavily before they have built their lives and personalities 

anyway that’s all poss a bit too close to political debate

I don't think it's political is it? I think you're dead right to not generalise though. I've had mates who have had full on mental collapse through too much weed and other mates who smoke every day and have no problems whatsover. As you say - we all probably have the same observations about alcohol use in our social circles.

My missus used to work in NE Derbyshire Mental Health services, dealing with young people who have had a first psychotic episode. At least 90% of them were triggered by cannabis use. Then in the scheme of things  -they were almost certainly a very small percentage of cannabis users in the patch ?

Legalisation is a minefield and not even worth getting into here - Education and support are really the key things for me

3 hours ago, Archied said:

you also see people that it totaly destroys mentally and emotionally with the anxiety and paranoia it produces in most users

Everyone I know who is a heavy user has crippling mental health problems as a result. As you say, it seems more damaging in the young, who never really get their lives off the ground, but the effect is there on older people too.

I know any number of functioning alcoholics, but none of the potheads are functioning.

Another friend died recently from lung cancer too,  after a lifetime of heavy usage. 

That's not a moral or political judgment, it's just an observation based on social users I know. 

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Everyone I know who is a heavy user has crippling mental health problems as a result. As you say, it seems more damaging in the young, who never really get their lives off the ground, but the effect is there on older people too.

I know any number of functioning alcoholics, but none of the potheads are functioning.

Another friend died recently from lung cancer too,  after a lifetime of heavy usage. 

That's not a moral or political judgment, it's just an observation based on social users I know. 

The tricky bit is defining functioning ?

Ok, slight deviation, what about microdosing? Small quantities of psychedelics to reboot the brain when stuck in depression, anxiety etc. 

In my youth I took LARGE quantities of psychedelics, so I'm open to the idea, and research/ anecdotal evidence seems to be good... any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Ok, slight deviation, what about microdosing? Small quantities of psychedelics to reboot the brain when stuck in depression, anxiety etc. 

In my youth I took LARGE quantities of psychedelics, so I'm open to the idea, and research/ anecdotal evidence seems to be good... any thoughts?

I used to enjoy getting off my tits

This stuff had little effect on me in my youth.  UntiI  I had a bad batch at a houseparty and was incredibly ill before passing out on a lawn. I'd just had half a packet of beef pringles as well.  I was woken up by someone hoovering me with one of this battery powered mini dirt devils with a blank look on his face . Must have had something else in it I think- a great time was had by all.

12 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I’d be all for it.

Archived