Jayden Bogle signs 4 year contract

Day
Message added by Day

Jayden Bogle spoke to RamsTV after signing a contract extension with Derby County to discuss his journey with the club through the academy and how he is impressing in the first-team.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/09/bogle-excited-for-his-future-at-derby

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Great endorsement of the new model for developing our own young talent.

hope one or two more can come through.

Firmly believe this is one academy product we will not sell cheap. If he ever leaves us, I’m already half convinced he will pay for Mel’s significant academy investment on his own, if he can chip in with the odd goal or two.

Also reckon Jayden will be in the England set up junior ranks soon. Great advert for our academy and inspiration for all those in the 18’s and 23’s right now, as his rise to prominence has been lightning fast; most of them are his mates.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As important as it is to tie him to the Club for 4 years, the message it must send out to all the U18 and U23 players is that there's now a definite path through to the first team, unlike the situation under Rowett. They must have talent in the first place but apply dedication and hard work to that talent and there's no limit to what they can achieve.

Great news this. Best talent to come through since Hughes. Could go a long way.

As for Lowe, think he’s been a bit unlucky great Lampard didn’t mess about and got him out on Loan immediately as he needs games. I’ve seen enough to think he’ll break through and be an important part of our future as well.

Bogle has got confidence, Lowe looked brilliant in pre season but as soon as the competitive games began he shrunk.

Bogle didn't though, I've been very vocal about him at work (in Manchester) and with friends (few Forest) and they're all keeping an eye out now, and he only turned 18 in July. 

Best young talent to ever come through at Derby in my opinion.

Just now, Andicis said:

Bit excessive I think, Hughes, Huddlestone and Hendrick all spring to mind immediately, Bogle has to prove it on the long term.

I don't think so, just my very honest opinion. He's a different kind of player to all 3 (not just that he's a RWB and not a CM). He has explosivity. Still a bit raw but once he harnesses that, he'll be on a great level. Destined for greatness. Kyle Walker, Kieron Trippier, watch out.

This is a terrible deal for the club. Just handing out money willy-nilly to an untried youngster who will probably just drift down the leagues. What was Mel thinking?...

...is something that absolutely no one who has seen this lad play is thinking. 

Brilliant  news an well deserved - he's going to a star.

I'm also really trying to maintain my position that Lampard was a poor choice for our manager. Unfortunately, well fortunately actually, I'm struggling with that position a bit a present. Playing exciting football, one win from topping the league, knocking Man u out of the cup, developing youth whilst remaining competitive and bouncing. Early days yet but even I have to admit that he's doing OKish ?

Archived