Phone signal at Pride Park

loweman2

18 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I'm at the end of my massive tether that 20,000 folk are wasting their time playing with or looking at their phones instead of watching the football or talking with their children, families, friends at half time about the football and all the rest!

Zombies the lot of ya!....... Bring back The Baseball Ground and real life communication!

Right time to log out, watch EFL on Quest and ignore every word the misses says.....god knows what she's rabbiting about!

I'm on EE and have no problem with the signal up in the South Stand. However i often forget to bring my phone to the m atch, and never miss it.

What I do have a problem with is that there are two or three people near me who spend the entire match with their phone held out in front of them, apart from when they turn round to tell me what they've just read in their phone, which admittedly is often football related. But then they will want me to look at what they've got on their phone, and it is one hell of a strugg;le to actually make any sense of what is happening on the pitch. Why spend all that money on geting into the ground and then not actually watch the match, save when it is mentioned on their stupid phone screens? It is good reason to go in the South Stand - it is usually very noisy in there, so I can pretend to have not heard them. Ignoring someone nudging  or jabbing their finger finger into my chest is another thing altogether, especially when what theysay having finally got your attention is "What just happened on the pitch?"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I'd ban wifi and mobile signals in the ground. That way people must watch the game instead of constantly being on their phones.

Too right, and people who moan, and leave early.

9 hours ago, ram59 said:

We should go back ţo the seventies method for half time scores where a bloke comes out just before the start of the second half with loads of numbers under his arm. He then places them next to the letters on the wall In  front of the paddock and then you check your programme to see which letters correspond to which other fixtures.

Progress, humbug!?

Great idea, do you think they should print all the games being played at the same time on the back of the program with a letter assigned to each one and then have a specially made scoreboard where the half time scores could be slotted in besides the corresponding letter?

Eh, @rustylee

I don't tend to use mine while in the ground, except if checking the scores at halftime. I can't see the damn scoreboard well enough when they put the scores up, especially with this stupid italics bold font DCFC seem determined to plaster everywhere. I'm on Three, and signal seems fine.

On 22/09/2018 at 19:30, loweman2 said:

I am at the end of my massive tether with my stupid phone being as much use as a brick when I go to the match.

its an iPhone X and I on sky which is the O2 signal.

i have tried lowering it to 3G as well as 4g but both as bad.

i can literally get nothing to respond that requires a signal, I often just want to check sky bet and other scores but it never loads up.

in this day and age I would expect an iPhone X costing £1,000 to at least receive a signal.

it shows a signal in the display but I have learned that means nothing.

i see people all around me using their phones so is it my phone, apple phones ? Sky /o2 or what ?

i have tried restarting it, reentering the Sky apn settings for data but nothing.

is there a club WiFi available ?

does anybody else have these issues or has anybody rectified it.

please help it is doing my head in !

cheers

Think it's just the sheer volume of people in/around the ground mate - Nothing we can really do about it

My dad has a pretty old iphone and that seems to work better than my phone - Because I think's doing less other background stuff so more processing power concentrated on loading pages/apps?

4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

As it should be, no signal for the good of the ducking game and sanity

Well done Mel, watch the game ffs

are you my dad ? don't tell me what to do ! if you read my original post i am intrigued as to why some people get a signal and others don't, if you cant answer that question then why bother with your futile reply ?

Archived