Away Days

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bcnram said:

For me that sort of attitude is the very reason why bans on alcohol on coaches should be in place. Fans are being treated like louts because historically they have behaved like louts.

A minority. Lets put it into context.

The law is outdated I am afraid and the majority of the football police up and down the country also agree that it needs looking at.

33 minutes ago, therams69 said:

A minority. Lets put it into context.

The law is outdated I am afraid and the majority of the football police up and down the country also agree that it needs looking at.

I would be interested to see evidence of that statement.

9 hours ago, bcnram said:

I would be interested to see evidence of that statement.

Feel free to search the PNE police officer's tweets for one … The FSF have also made this comment following dialogue with various other forces.

Not really in the habit of just making things up for the sake of it. :-)

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 04:56, therams69 said:

I think being allowed to consume alcohol on coaches would bring in a more relaxed behaviour. Treat fans like louts and more than likely they will act like louts. Many football police up and down the country are now attempting this approach with much more liaison between fans pre match as well. 

An example of this were Leeds fans at Millwall last weekend. Policed different and no trouble reported. 

As I said many police forces believe the drinking on a coach law is outdated and needs looking at. Being allowed to would avoid the " I need to drink as much as I can" as soon as they enter the stadium or town centre. 

For me it's worth a try. 

100% agree that it should be legal but the only thing I would say is that no one takes any notice of that law anyway so would it make a difference?

All the Danny Dyers out there just need a real good chasing around West Ham that would shut them up.!

8 hours ago, therams69 said:

Feel free to search the PNE police officer's tweets for one … The FSF have also made this comment following dialogue with various other forces.

Not really in the habit of just making things up for the sake of it. ?

I am not sure that a tweet can be counted as 'the majority', its a bit like the often quoted 'we all'.  No matter, not really worth a discussion. ? 

On 17 September 2018 at 10:46, angieram said:

I agree. I find the best awaydays are those where there are a smaller number of us (sorry, that does sound a bit "We're better than you"!)

Oldham and Hull away in cup were great atmospheres - Hull in league was much worse for us - larger numbers and surrounded by drunks. Also a lot of nasty chants at the opposition, whereas on the Tuesday we were having a laugh with each other. 

Some clubs have great stewards - Cardiff, Hull, Reading are all ok, My worst steward experiences have been at Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and just this last week at Rotherham.  Anything in common there I wonder? 

Oh @angieram you Yorkshireist!.......Good job your not a Humbersideist!

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

100% agree that it should be legal but the only thing I would say is that no one takes any notice of that law anyway so would it make a difference?

All the Danny Dyers out there just need a real good chasing around West Ham that would shut them up.!

Good point mate … A lot of the coach companies nowadays just wont run the risk and are very reluctant to do football trips because of this … Did they have the same law over in Switzerland by chance?

Hahaha yup!

3 hours ago, bcnram said:

I am not sure that a tweet can be counted as 'the majority', its a bit like the often quoted 'we all'.  No matter, not really worth a discussion. ? 

Sorry perhaps came across as wrong … He is very vocal about the changes that need to be made within footballing policing so just used him as an example …

On 17/09/2018 at 15:25, philmycock said:

I can't remember ever having so much to drink that my feet have gone numb, what are you doing with your lager, injecting in your toes?

I think that is the point - if you drink so much your feet go numb you are unlikely to remember it.

Its probably happened to you loads of times!

On 18/09/2018 at 17:35, BurtonRam7 said:

The one time I went too far with my drinking at an away day was at Bristol City under Rowett. We arrived late at the game because we spent too long at the pub and I rushed straight to the loo to throw up, missing a Vydra goal in the process. I then half-saw us concede 4 goals in a 4-1 defeat whilst feeling absolutely horrific. Learnt my lesson there.

I'm a bit older than you so remember doing this quite a few times, and I absolutely regret it every single time (but am not smart enough to learn from my mistakes). I absolutely hate the feeling of being drunk and standing in a ground, completely ruins the experience for me. Most recently last season at Ipswich. In my defense, every single time this has happened has nothing to do with football, it's usually at Norwich or Ipswich away when I meet up with my dad (currently lives in Norfolk). I see him twice a year, for those two games and so the drinking aspect is more of a father-son catch up. And it never turns aggressive, more of a good day out with the old man (he doesn't get out much anymore).

21 hours ago, therams69 said:

Good point mate … A lot of the coach companies nowadays just wont run the risk and are very reluctant to do football trips because of this … Did they have the same law over in Switzerland by chance?

Hahaha yup!

Nope of course they didn’t, you are allowed to drink beer on coaches/trains etc going to games and also allowed to drink beer as you sit watching the game... 

Archived