Social Media for business

Wolfie

Anyone have any tips for the best Social Media platform for promoting a business?. I'm talking Business -to-business, as opposed to Consumers.

I really don't like LinkedIn but it would seem to be the obvious one. Just want to make sure I'm not missing a trick.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My most successful b2b social media marketing experiment was FB messaging businesses (independant gift shops) from my personal facebook - and sending the proposal and a link to my website. I got a really high response rate, which I think was in part due to the personal nature of the contact (as well as the very cool product obvs). Nobody pulled me up for spamming or owt.

FB messenger is great because you can send images, videos or whatever, you can see when the message has been read, and you can even see when the client starts to type a reply. 

This probably only applies if your market is smaller businesses. (I don't think John Lewis would bother replying back.

LinkedIn - is that still going?

12 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Anyone have any tips for the best Social Media platform for promoting a business?. I'm talking Business -to-business, as opposed to Consumers.

I really don't like LinkedIn but it would seem to be the obvious one. Just want to make sure I'm not missing a trick.

Depends who exactly you're trying to reach and what you're selling... Any more info? 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Does anyone on this forum have to clock on and work shifts for a living or is it just me? 

With your experience and years of skill in your occupation you could set up on your own making cakes for yourself not them.

17 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Depends who exactly you're trying to reach and what you're selling... Any more info? 

I'm about to take over market entry for a new technology we've developed in the area of plastic injection moulding.

We know who our primary & higher volume (Tier 1, if you like) targets are but I also need to engage with Tier 2&3 injection moulding companies. We'll shortly be members of the biggest industry organisation but I was just curious as to which online network people had found to be the most effective.

44 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I'm about to take over market entry for a new technology we've developed in the area of plastic injection moulding.

We know who our primary & higher volume (Tier 1, if you like) targets are but I also need to engage with Tier 2&3 injection moulding companies. We'll shortly be members of the biggest industry organisation but I was just curious as to which online network people had found to be the most effective.

I’d say you probably want to go with LinkedIn primarily and follow-up with Facebook.  For your tier 1 targets… you likely know exactly who you need to reach out to… look to buy your sales team a subscription to LinkedIn Sales Navigator.  It’s not so expensive and I think you can even get a 1 month free trial account.  The sales team can then do direct outreach to specific people and spend the time to cultivate the relationship.

You can back that up with some LinkedIn Ads targeting all the companies in your list to build awareness of your product.  LinkedIN allows you to upload a list of companies you want to target your ads to; and you can name specific job titles too.  It’s pretty cool.

I’d then suggest you use Facebook for retargeting ads to reinforce your message to those that show an interest. Facebook ads are much cheaper than LinkedIn.

You can also use Facebook to target your ads at people attending particular trade shows & conferences.  It could be to tell people to visit your stand… but you don’t have to be exhibiting at all.  If you know lots of potential buyers are there you can still target them all with ads ?

Hope that’s some help.

Archived