Mason Bennett

robglosta

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/08/2018 at 23:02, 86 points said:

Ha! You know what I mean ?  @B4ev6is said we'd see a different Bennett this season before we'd even come back from the break and he was spot on.

To be fair he has said that every season for the last 7 years... 

I'm glad Bennett seems to have settled and engaging football brain. He has good natural abilities always needed to improve his decision making and a lot of that can come down to personal maturity and good coaching. He's making an impact and long may that continue.

I think he might be a slightly late developer. Whatever happened with the injuries he seems to have come back 3” taller but still retained that low centre of gravity Rooneyesque way he moves. He’s got a turn of speed, considerable drive and energy. 

In all honesty despite being around for the last 5 years or so I don’t think I have seen enough of him close up to see if he has the real Midas touch with the finished product / critical decision gene. I do believe though, that this season might see him become at the very least a championship star. One thing for sure I would want him on my side in a pitched battle. 

When it comes to age I always think of Steve Howard .. no football genius, but chucked out of a leading academy as a lad, ( was it Sunderland ? ) bobbled  about in lower leagues as a journeyman .. and at 30+ ended up getting 20 in a promotion season and then in the autumn of his career scores at old Trafford. Different type of player entirely but it demonstrates that age, maturity and peaks don’t happen according to a script. 

I’d love it if he makes it ?

Oh yes.

he could get the winner. 

He could pick it up forty yards from goal and absolutely cream it into the top corner with his big muscley legs.

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

Which one is Mason Bennett?

is that the lad we got from Liverpool?

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

No mate

Came through derby acamday

Harry wilson one that came from liverpool.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Oh yes.

he could get the winner. 

He could pick it up forty yards from goal and absolutely cream it into the top corner with his big muscley legs.

FFS!!!  ??? Made my day that has.

Archived