Transfer Window

Richard246

What incredible transfer window for Frank we can all see this is Frank's team-high energy and we know how he is going to play.

I do think he could have a new back four in place by the end of today.

For me, I think just cover for Bryson and mount but Frank will surprise us????????????

We need outs but Frank still has time until the end of the month hoping clubs are desperate QPR and Reading will be by then.

Franks wants the title this season and he has the squad to do it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

What incredible transfer window for Frank we can all see this is Frank's team-high energy and we know how he is going to play.

I do think he could have a new back four in place by the end of today.

For me, I think just cover for Bryson and mount but Frank will surprise us????????????

We need outs but Frank still has time until the end of the month hoping clubs are desperate QPR and Reading will be by then.

Franks wants the title this season and he has the squad to do it.

I can't see us doing anything today, we have signed 8 players, I think the only business today will be players out.

We have to remember that when the window closes at 5pm the loan window remains open where players can be signed with views to permanent signings.

I would be surprised if we did anything significant, if anything at all.

What’s this transfer window done for everyone’s expectations? I put some money on us to win the league after we signed Mount, Wilson and FloJo, thought we were playing great football pre-season and looked a strong team. I literally have no idea whether the rest of these signings make me more or less confident now! Are we putting pretty much an entire new first team together (except Carson, Davies and maybe Bryson & Wisdom)? If so, surely Frank and Jodie need some time with them on the training ground before they gel. Should we be thinking more about next season or is this a massive push for this year? We’ll presumably have to give back the loanees next year. Exciting times whichever way you look at it.

History tells us that you can't buy a winning team. A lot of  transfer activity has rarely been associated with success.

it didn't work for arthur cox, jim smith (later) or tommy doc

it sort of did work for jim smith (early days)

jim signed flynn, rowett, daryl powell, v der laan, willems, stimac, and finally chris powell and got promoted (7)

cox failed with sutton, charles, harkes, short, wassall, pembridge, kitson, gabbiadonkey, simpson, johnson (10)

lampard - malone, marriott, jozefzoon, waghorn, mount, wilson, evans, tomori (8) and still shopping?

Always great to see fresh legs coming into the team.The optimism this creates with fans, and we appear to have done well with the players brought in with regard fees, age, experience and potential.

Obviously need to clear a few out now to reduce cost,create a manageable squad size,create revenue and Have those we want to keep but not realistically going to play out on loan.

But who out of the incoming do you think is the least likely to succeed / biggest gamble .?

pity with so many new signings they haven't had a pre season with us to jell  but all good stuff so far just hope Harry hasn't been involved in any financial negotiations?

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

History tells us that you can't buy a winning team. A lot of  transfer activity has rarely been associated with success.

jim signed flynn, rowett, daryl powell, v der laan, willems, stimac, and finally chris powell and got promoted (7)

cox failed with sutton, charles, harkes, short, wassall, pembridge, kitson, gabbiadonkey, simpson, johnson (10)

lampard - malone, marriott, jozefzoon, waghorn, mount, wilson, evans, tomori (8) and still shopping?

Outrageous

28 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What about Wolves last year, pretty much blows you're statement out of the water

Just now, Hathersage Ram said:

What about Wolves last year, pretty much blows you're statement out of the water

Oooh i'm out of the water....

derby aren't buying the likes of ruben nevez.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't see us doing anything today, we have signed 8 players, I think the only business today will be players out.

We have to remember that when the window closes at 5pm the loan window remains open where players can be signed with views to permanent signings.

I would be surprised if we did anything significant, if anything at all.

I always look at Fulham last season they were hanging around the bottom of the league up until Christmas and then suddenly clicked and the rest is history. I honestly think that we will get better and better as the season progresses and now we have a squad which is way stronger than last years yet we finished 6th and broke Fulham's goal scoring record..

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

In you're opinion, maybe Mount or any of the others might prove you wrong

Mount doesn’t arrive with anywhere near the pedigree that Neves did, and the latter part of your sentence demonstrates that - Mount wouldn’t have to prove anyone wrong if he had the same stature in the game as Neves.

It would have been a shock if Neves had a season anything less than he did last year.

We’re not signing the calibre of player that Wolves did last summer. Doesn’t mean we can’t achieve what they did, but it does mean we’ve got to prove it first and RamNut is right, history suggests it’s a difficult task with a new squad.

25 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Mount doesn’t arrive with anywhere near the pedigree that Neves did, and the latter part of your sentence demonstrates that - Mount wouldn’t have to prove anyone wrong if he had the same stature in the game as Neves.

It would have been a shock if Neves had a season anything less than he did last year.

We’re not signing the calibre of player that Wolves did last summer. Doesn’t mean we can’t achieve what they did, but it does mean we’ve got to prove it first and RamNut is right, history suggests it’s a difficult task with a new squad.

I think you are seriously wrong, but the proof is in the pudding, so time will tell

4 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I think you are seriously wrong, but the proof is in the pudding, so time will tell

Again, backing up what I’m saying! Time will tell. Time didn’t need to tell with Neves, time had already told!

I think Mount will be one of the best players in the league this season. But the fact that’s even a prediction, and not a statement of fact like it was with Neves, shows we’ve signed players with a point to prove, rather than players that had already proved themselves at the very top of the game in Europe like Wolves did. 

It could all work wonders and we could beat Wolves’ points tally, but still, throwing a team together is very difficult, even if they’re Championship galacticos like they were last season.

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Again, backing up what I’m saying! Time will tell. Time didn’t need to tell with Neves, time had already told!

I think Mount will be one of the best players in the league this season. But the fact that’s even a prediction, and not a statement of fact like it was with Neves, shows we’ve signed players with a point to prove, rather than players that had already proved themselves at the very top of the game in Europe like Wolves did. 

It could all work wonders and we could beat Wolves’ points tally, but still, throwing a team together is very difficult, even if they’re Championship galacticos like they were last season.

You are being incredibly perverse!

The original quote was "you can't buy a winning team" and I responded with "Wolves did"

Neves, is an excellent player, but is he an excellent player in the premiership … time will tell.

Obviously Nuno Espirito Santo has reservations about the whole squad being good enough in the Premiership as evidenced with the number of signings ……….. again ………………. so maybe he will have bought success AGAIN ……. who knows

11 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

You are being incredibly perverse!

The original quote was "you can't buy a winning team" and I responded with "Wolves did"

Neves, is an excellent player, but is he an excellent player in the premiership … time will tell.

Obviously Nuno Espirito Santo has reservations about the whole squad being good enough in the Premiership as evidenced with the number of signings ……….. again ………………. so maybe he will have bought success AGAIN ……. who knows

Not being perverse. Trying to debate with you on a football forum. Never mind.

20 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Just as a matter of interest, didn’t Billy D sign a similar number of players and get promoted?

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if Warnock also did the same?

Not sure why the failings of the past would indicate that it doesn’t work, teams that sign 1,2 or 5 players are just as likely to fail given there are 23 other teams in the league.  

Archived