Is the club being irresponsible?

58 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

The Rams have sold Matej Vydra to Premiership Burnley for an as yet undisclosed fee.

This is a responsible action as he has developed beyond our expectations and now has the chance to perform on a larger stage.

Irresponsible would have been to sell him to a no- hoper outfit at Elland road. 

He is a player of immense talent and potential.

Thanks for the memories Matej and all the best in your career!

second go at the larger stage ,we will see

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Rampage said:

It is Mel's money so no worry.

This argument always irks me. Yeah, it's Mel's money, but it's our club.

I'm sure Sheffield Wednesday fans will have told others not to worry about their spending, because it's Chansiri's money. QPR fans probably told other not to worry because it was Fernandes' money. Maybe Portsmouth fans said something similar too.

I guess the point I'm trying to make it; it's our duty as fans to make sure we keep our owners, and the people running our club, in check. Derby County was here long before Mel Morris and will be here long after him...

1 hour ago, steve brummie said:

The Rams have sold Matej Vydra to Premiership Burnley for an as yet undisclosed fee.

This is a responsible action as he has developed beyond our expectations and now has the chance to perform on a larger stage.

Irresponsible would have been to sell him to a no- hoper outfit at Elland road. 

He is a player of immense talent and potential.

Thanks for the memories Matej and all the best in your career!

No hoper outfit ?

Mark my words, we are going to absolutely dick your no-hoper outfit on Saturday night. Nothing to be scared of in your team and the more signings you make the more obvious it is fat Frank has no real clue or plan. He's just throwing a load of poo at the wall hoping some of it will stick.

Since when did Derby become cocky anyway?! ? Please, please don't forget you support Derby County. Famous for Malcolm Christie and getting completely battered in your prem time. Bless. 

1 minute ago, vidukasbox said:

No hoper outfit ?

Mark my words, we are going to absolutely dick your no-hoper outfit on Saturday night. Nothing to be scared of in your team and the more signings you make the more obvious it is fat Frank has no real clue or plan. He's just throwing a load of poo at the wall hoping some of it will stick.

Since when did Derby become cocky anyway?! ? Please, please don't forget you support Derby County. Famous for Malcolm Christie and getting completely battered in your prem time. Bless. 

Two words....

Seth Johnson

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This argument always irks me. Yeah, it's Mel's money, but it's our club.

I'm sure Sheffield Wednesday fans will have told others not to worry about their spending, because it's Chansiri's money. QPR fans probably told other not to worry because it was Fernandes' money. Maybe Portsmouth fans said something similar too.

I guess the point I'm trying to make it; it's our duty as fans to make sure we keep our owners, and the people running our club, in check. Derby County was here long before Mel Morris and will be here long after him...

Well said Nuwtfly. 

1 hour ago, vidukasbox said:

No hoper outfit ?

Some of us remember life before the Damnéd United!?

4 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

No hoper outfit ?

Thank you for your input...………..Close the door on the way out!

On 06/08/2018 at 19:43, TheHomunculusLives said:

I'm as delighted as most other fans about the positive vibes around Derby since Lampard joined, but I am genuinely worried by the growing size of the squad and the financial impact this must be having. Lampard seems to have been given free rein to bring his own players in without having to balance the books first by offloading others. I don't see how a Championship club can realistically retain a squad of 35 first team players, only a handful of whom are young, homegrown and on lower wages. 

How can we justify bringing in Waghorn when we already have 5 senior strikers at the club in Marriott, Martin, Jerome, Nugent and Vydra? Sure, we might want to get rid of some if we can find a taker, but until that is confirmed, surely we should show some restraint?

Arent you being irresponsible making assumptions when you havent got a clue whats going to happen? or are you a fortune teller in disguise

12 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

No hoper outfit ?

Here’s me thinking like Eddie, we were famous for milking you out of money with Seth. That aside what’s it like living in the shadow of Huddersfield. Bless.

i dont think the club are making mistakes i think they are going for gold and i can see them do it. thankfully mel is supporting us unlike previous jokers creaming off the money or playing dragons den , not really interested. hey i had high hopes back then too. 60 years a supporter derby is in my blood. onward and upward. thanks mel.

12 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

No hoper outfit ?

Behave. You're a nonentity in your own city - I've lived here 15 years & Leeds Utd are so low profile I often forget you're here.

And from a club that sings 'Champions of Europe' & desperately wants a rivalry with Man Utd, I hardly think you're in a position to mock anyone.

On 06/08/2018 at 19:43, TheHomunculusLives said:

I'm as delighted as most other fans about the positive vibes around Derby since Lampard joined, but I am genuinely worried by the growing size of the squad and the financial impact this must be having. Lampard seems to have been given free rein to bring his own players in without having to balance the books first by offloading others. I don't see how a Championship club can realistically retain a squad of 35 first team players, only a handful of whom are young, homegrown and on lower wages. 

How can we justify bringing in Waghorn when we already have 5 senior strikers at the club in Marriott, Martin, Jerome, Nugent and Vydra? Sure, we might want to get rid of some if we can find a taker, but until that is confirmed, surely we should show some restraint?

Quite simple 10 or 11 out of contract end of season all to be let go unless any work there way back in.the signing this year are also to cover for next year.not as wreckless as you may think

21 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

No hoper outfit ?

I've renamed you Vidukaspox - perpetually recurring like a particularly irksome case of herpes.

22 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

No hoper outfit ?

You sound like a forest fan, stuck in the past, think you are bigger than you are.  League isn't going to be won on Saturday, you may well beat us, however after the crap we have had in the past, it's hard to handle being in and around the playoffs for the last 4-5 years, don't seem to remeber your crowd of bottlers being even close.

You lot will always be remembered for being thugs on and off the field, you are just bitter that cricket, rugby league and rugby union are more in the foreground that leeds utd (yes, deliberate use of lower case).

Not sure if it has been suggested on here yet, but someone made the point on Twitter that we might be aware that we are going to be put into an embargo in the near future, and are therefore doing all our spending now while we can?

I don't personally subscribe to this theory. To my mind, the money for Vydra,  Weimann,  Rowett and the extra Ince payment should about cover all the business we've done so far. But it's an interesting theory all the same. 

Archived