NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

My RB situation is probably the worst in the league, but I'm not in for any waiver RBs - they're all cack. ? 

Richard is probably the only one on the list who offers any potential consistent value, which is quite damning. Next one on the list is all the way down at Frank Gore. He's taking snaps off Drake ? but its hard to justify dropping someone for ~6pts a game.

Yeah, it’s 4th choice rb only to be used in an emergency, I think I just wanted to be in the waiver excitement ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, it’s 4th choice rb only to be used in an emergency, I think I just wanted to be in the waiver excitement ?

I just picked up the rookie Scantling who stepped in for Cobb for the packers. He'll be a safe bet backup when Cobb is out. That's the caliber of player I've been reduced to.

Winning with a poo team is really hard going ? 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Carrying 2 defences because da Bears aren't getting dropped for their bye.

Obviously ?

I'll be in the same boat with the Rams, and they've generated 11 less pts than the Bears.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Carrying 2 defences because da Bears aren't getting dropped for their bye.

Ha, I've got 3 tight ends now with 2 on their bye week. 

OJ Howard is injured and they are unsure of how long so picked up Brate as my other Cook is on bye week 7. Seemed rude not to grab one whilst I could.

2 hours ago, David said:

Just noticed I’ve slipped down the waiver priority to second, I won’t complain though, @Mr Tibbs needs all the help he can get.

It's all about taking part, if I end up having a season like the Browns did last year, so be it. 

I've got Ramdale this week so 0 and 5 it is. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

It's all about taking part, if I end up having a season like the Browns did last year, so be it. 

I've got Ramdale this week so 0 and 5 it is. 

I thought the same last week going up against 3-0 Saved by the Leveon, my score would have beaten Ramdale as well. 

You've not been a million miles away from his scores, one dodgy knee could swing it.

Looking on points scored neither of you are the worst team. David is 10th.

Wins against anyone are definitely on the cards. That's what I love about NFL fantasy over other types of Fantasy. Everyone's team is unique and there isn't really a player (except Alvin Kamara) who's consistent enough for anyone to be sure they'll get good points from them each coming week.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Looking on points scored neither of you are the worst team. David is 10th.

Yup. I've been hammered though with the worst against score by far, 593.24 which I have no control over. 

Closest to that is Tucker with 553.18 then Let's get PhyZekiel at 531.18.

At the top Ramdale has had it "easy" with just 426.98 against which is the least in the league, his points for 549.90 isn't even the best, that's 619.22 with Yippee Ki-Yay.

Does make it interesting whilst slightly annoying. I do wish there was some way you could knock points off the other team, maybe your defence points were actually deducted from the oppositions score, throw in another defensive pick where sack points would also be deducted.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Yup. I've been hammered though with the worst against score by far, 593.24 which I have no control over. 

At the top Ramdale has had it "easy" with just 426.98 against which is the least in the league, his points for 549.90 isn't even the best, that's 619.22 with Yippee Ki-Yay.

Does make it interesting whilst slightly annoying. I do wish there was some way you could knock points off the other team, maybe your defence points were actually deducted from the oppositions score, throw in another defensive pick where sack points would also be deducted.

Yup, I've scored 70 more points than anyone and still have a 2-2 record.

11 minutes ago, David said:

In less populated leagues, it adds a level of strategy because you can "stream" players (swapping out players every week from your lineup to waivers) to try and maximize your score (because waivers are full of very good players).

In our league it does lose some of its value, because everyone's lineups are basically fixed, and waiver players are bench quality at best, so it comes to hoping that your lineup has a good game against high scoring teams and has their weaker games against low scoring teams. That does take something away from it, certainly.

And on Ramdale's score, while it isn't the highest, if you remove Todd Gurley / Alvin Kamara from their respective totals, the top 2 are about on par. Yippee is still higher but not by much. 140pts 4 games in from one (non QB) player is absurd. Ramdale's definitely had the easier opponents though, for sure.

Well there has been but they've all been on Defense ? 

True though, its always a somber moment in fantasy leagues when that top 5 RB/WR/QB goes down. Kills some teams. Would totally kill my team if I lost Thomas.

Got some high profile suspensions ending this coming week too, so if anything the fantasy league's stronger for week 5 than it was at week 1 which is very rare.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

In less populated leagues, it adds a level of strategy because you can "stream" players (swapping out players every week from your lineup to waivers) to try and maximize your score (because waivers are full of very good players).

In our league it does lose some of its value, because everyone's lineups are basically fixed, and waiver players are bench quality at best, so it comes to hoping that your lineup has a good game against high scoring teams and has their weaker games against low scoring teams. That does take something away from it, certainly.

And on Ramdale's score, while it isn't the highest, if you remove Todd Gurley / Alvin Kamara from their respective totals, the top 2 are about on par. Yippee is still higher but not by much. 140pts 4 games in from one (non QB) player is absurd. Ramdale's definitely had the easier opponents though, for sure.

I think it would take something away from it if there was a bunch of unused top players in the waivers to choose from each week, losing a key player does knock teams which I like as most games are one knee injury or an ejection away from swinging the result. 

Makes inter trading more interesting as well, we need mooooore teams! 

23 minutes ago, David said:

I think it would take something away from it if there was a bunch of unused top players in the waivers to choose from each week, losing a key player does knock teams which I like as most games are one knee injury or an ejection away from swinging the result. 

Makes inter trading more interesting as well, we need mooooore teams! 

I agree, in a sense. I think it would be better for us to have less players, and it would be better for us to have more. I think where we're at is in an area of worst of both worlds territory (although obviously too few players and the league is pointless. Need at least 5).

For my personal taste, anyway.

Not that I'm not enjoying this league. My personal enjoyment has been ramped up by all of my games except week 1 being tremendously close in score. It's been quite remarkable.

I just think a few of the layers (that I enjoy a lot) of NFL fantasy are lost in this league. But in truth its my fault for not joining multiple leagues.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Biggest fantasy disappointment for you lot this year?

Derrick Henry’s been awful for me but I think you can’t look past Odell or Fournette.

Rookie class has, (QBs aside) been poor (in offense). Tons of standout rookies in defenses across the league, but not many on offense.

On a personal note, Kenyan Drake's struggled too, but he wasn't touted to have huge production. Much more than he has though. I expect him to pick up - the problems more play-calling than anything.

But I mean, in truth, it has to be Le'Veon Bell. He was the 2nd overall pick in our draft ? 

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Biggest fantasy disappointment for you lot this year?

Derrick Henry’s been awful for me but I think you can’t look past Odell or Fournette.

I'm trying to think of one without mitigating circumstances.

The Giants offense has just been horrendous and Odell has been catching everything within 2 yards of the LOS. Fournette has been straight injured constantly.

David Johnson springing to mind as a candidate - mainly due to horrendous play scheming for him. Barely got him to the perimeter all season.

Not as high pick, but Lamar Miller has done nothing either.

Archived