Who else won't sleep well tonight?

RoyMac5

I like Frank a lot. His personality, what he says...the youth, style and players he has brought to the club so far....

BUT there is no guarantee of success. Compared to when we were paying big money for 'top' players, what we have brought in is more of a 'gamble' (albeit more considered and cost effective) as the players coming in haven't proved it at this level in the same way yet.

It almost feels like we have tried everything else...so this time it MUST work. However, we could lose tomorrow and have a slow start. Does worry me how quick the feel good factor will disappear and even by tomorrow night you know the moaners will be coming out of the woodwork.

Just hope for a good performance and the beginnings of a style we can build on. Not boom and bust all the time.

PS has anyone started a poll...where we expect us to finish yet?? Always useful to refer back to!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, it might go belly up at Reading...remember Madam Football shows us a glimpse of her amble bosom and then whips it away at the last moment., But everything about FL & JM is so “right” and we’re all so excited ...that’s enough for me. At 7pm tomorrow the World of Football is on Derby County and that’s what this is all about....Fookin Love Der-bee..”.

Can’t believe I’m actually going to give Rupert Murdoch any of my hard-earned cash for a NowTV pass but that’s how genuinely excited I am about this evening!

COYR

P.S. Might give him a bit extra and get a weeks pass for the cricket as well ?

7 minutes ago, 61GT said:

Can’t believe I’m actually going to give Rupert Murdoch any of my hard-earned cash for a NowTV pass but that’s how genuinely excited I am about this evening!

COYR

P.S. Might give him a bit extra and get a weeks pass for the cricket as well ?

Then you think....for £20 extra you get a full month....slippery slope..

36 minutes ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

For once in my life I slept well (probably due to about 3-4 bad nights of sleep beforehand!).  I am however, very nervous now.  Really looking forward to the game tonight, I think it's going to be a good one, especially as it's Friday night and on Sky.  

Hope it works out this season for you all at the Mad Stad. Be ever so grateful if you'd let us sneak away with 3 pts this evening tho.....

Oh, and if you could just go easy on us at our place for once and hold back from dishing out our regular tonking that would be nice anorl....?

Just now, HantsRam said:

Hope it works out this season for you all at the Mad Stad. Be ever so grateful if you'd let us sneak away with 3 pts this evening tho.....

Oh, and if you could just go easy on us at our place for once and hold back from dishing out our regular tonking that would be nice anorl....?

Haha thanks HantsRam - hope you have a good season too.  I'm torn on tonight to be honest, as it's the first game it impossible to say.  My head is saying that we will get smashed by you lot 1-3.  

Not sure why we have such a good record at Pride Park.  Seems we always go there after a terrible run of results or a bad season and end up winning somehow!  

5 hours ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

For once in my life I slept well (probably due to about 3-4 bad nights of sleep beforehand!).  I am however, very nervous now.  Really looking forward to the game tonight, I think it's going to be a good one, especially as it's Friday night and on Sky.  

I honestly read that to the tune of For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder

Archived