It's too hot

Day

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

And it's roundabout tonight that I think Mars is closest to us. Well worth checking it out in the southern skies. 

I think humans will land in either 10 or 12 years. Every launch window after that (every two years) will start to see a lot of cargo and people making the journey. The ambitious goal is to have a million people living on Mars before the end of the century.

That does sound very ambitious, but there is no point having modest ambitions I suppose.  With well funded space agencies working together who knows what we can achieve.

Yeah Mars is looking spectacular, will be due south of Derby at about 1.30am tonight/tomorrow morning.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wind has picked up, blowing a hooly out there, almost had the window off at the end. Bit of a weird storm, lightening looks to have passed already, just flickered constantly for a few minutes with rumbles. Boring tbh.

3 hours ago, David said:

Starting to get a little dark over here, it’s on it’s way. 

And the pipe isn’t a tumble dryer, that’s the air con before anyone starts!

4A3B5A2D-CDCC-4DF1-AA90-43A577FE250F.jpeg

Snorky from the Banana Splits paid a visit?

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Maybe just for the time being.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-45084144

Climate change: 'Hothouse Earth' risks even if CO2 emissions slashed

“Researchers believe we could soon cross a threshold leading to boiling hot temperatures and towering seas in the centuries to come.”

Cheers for that, I was kinda talking about this summer not in the centuries to come. 

1 minute ago, David said:

“Researchers believe we could soon cross a threshold leading to boiling hot temperatures and towering seas in the centuries to come.”

Cheers for that, I was kinda talking about this summer not in the centuries to come. 

Would it be fair to say you don't care what your actions have on the future of the planet?

Just now, McRamFan said:

Would it be fair to say you don't care what your actions have on the future of the planet?

It’s going to be one of those days isn’t it. 

I can see why you get into so many forum ding dongs. 

Just now, David said:

I don’t dare answer, not whilst I’m still unwinding myself from the last attempt to twist my words.

Sorry, not twisting your words at all, just throwing something in that is left of field.

If you want word twisters, I can provide a list ?

On 27/07/2018 at 18:31, David said:

Starting to get a little dark over here, it’s on it’s way. 

And the pipe isn’t a tumble dryer, that’s the air con before anyone starts!

4A3B5A2D-CDCC-4DF1-AA90-43A577FE250F.jpeg

Is he making another bid for freedom?

6.jpeg

Archived