Bournmouth fined £4.75m for cheating

maxjam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cause of the excessive spending in the Championship comes from the ridiculous parachute payments from the premier league. Instead of parachute payments why don't players have relegation clauses in their contracts which means if relegated players either find another Premier League club (if good enough) or they stay with massively reduced wages. Its the price of failure surely?

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The cause of the excessive spending in the Championship comes from the ridiculous parachute payments from the premier league. Why instead of parachute payments why don't players have relegation clauses in their contracts which means if relegated players either find another Premier League club (if good enough) or they stay with massively reduced wages. Its the price of failure surely?

see a few issues with this but in broad agreement.  the rules would need to dictate the size of the relegation clause, struggle to guess how that could be done

11 minutes ago, Spanish said:

see a few issues with this but in broad agreement.  the rules would need to dictate the size of the relegation clause, struggle to guess how that could be done

Yes indeed. Maybe the contract can be cancelled upon relegation. The club loses the players value but can renegotiate the contract if he stays?

17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yes indeed. Maybe the contract can be cancelled upon relegation. The club loses the players value but can renegotiate the contract if he stays?

not sure any player would sign that unless he was certain that the club was strong enuf to stay up.

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

That works if you (like most teams have done) get promoted. Forest however...

As I mentioned earlier though, they didn’t spend their way out of the division per-say. They only had a net spend of £1,000,000 in 14/15. The £13,000,000 wage increase is what caused them to break the rules. 

Without being arsed into looking in detail I can only assume that this was to keep the team together 14/15. 

We did similar but are lucky enough to have a bigger fan base etcetera. 

I can hardly begrudge them keeping the team together but breaking a few rules in doing do. 

Just now, cannable said:

As I mentioned earlier though, they didn’t spend their way out of the division per-say. They only had a net spend of £1,000,000 in 14/15. The £13,000,000 wage increase is what caused them to break the rules. 

Without being arsed into looking in detail I can only assume that this was to keep the team together 14/15. 

We did similar but are lucky enough to have a bigger fan base etcetera. 

I can hardly begrudge them keeping the team together but breaking a few rules in doing do. 

Alternatively they could have trimmed their squad/wage bill like we are having to do this season to comply with FFP.

I personally don't believe that FFP is going about things the right way.  Great idea in principle, implemented poorly - but whilst we have FFP rules they should be abided by.

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think the main point here is that they have accepted the fine for thier type of FFP breach and paid it as I believe Leicester have done which leaves QPR who need to be paying or relagated away 

difference is us and Bournemouth are prem sides so the FL cannot impose a transfer embargo, had either of us got relegated they could have so the fine is ELF 's only means of punishment

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

I do think any owner should be allowed to invest what ever they like in their businesses the only rule FFP really needs is no loaning the money, it has to be an investment so the only way you get any back is if the club get promoted from dividend pay out, as said though it has done the job of stopping clubs going bust

Agree. Its awful when clubs borrow and borrow in order to get promotion and build new stadiums then go into administration and businesses lose millions as a result. ?

10 hours ago, Inglorius said:

What's the problem here if you play by Marquis of Queensbury rules in a street fight you'll lose. If we're too inept as a club to be able to take advantage by spending exorbitant transfer fees on bang average players them putting them on hideously expense contracts then fair play to the other sides trying it.

His dog said they looked a bit ruff though.

9 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

FFFP was introduced in 2014.  4 years on, no clubs have gone into administration.

By contrast in the 5 years before FFP, 17 clubs went into administration.

By this measure FFP has worked perfectly.

Ffp is there to protect clubs from incompetent irresponsible owners.

yes some take a gamble and win. But for every winner there's a few losers.

the chasm between the premier league and the championship has been created by tv money. But championship chairmen have collectively lost the plot. 

On 05/07/2018 at 13:40, RadioactiveWaste said:

Part of the whole problem with FFP is it will entrench big clubs and little clubs and make it harder to grow in size. Oh wait, now, like parachute payments, it's only actually happened because it'll favour bigger club's.

How can you hit the ground Running when You Have no money For a Parachute? 

Archived