30th of June has been and gone

ram59

Well the end of the financial year has passed and Derby haven't been forced to sell any major assets, in order to balance the books for FFP. 

I was fully expecting to lose a player or two on the cheap because of this. Now, if the players are sold, we should get a decent price for them. 

Does this mean that our finances are better than we thought or will the accounts show us to be in breach of FFP, when they are published brexit year? 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've consistently been told by MM & S.Pearce that we will meet FFP, and indeed that we support the principle of FFP.

MM's comment that "there won't be significant investment in the Summer" seems to have been taken by media outlets and thereby some supporters that we are in some sort of financial trouble.

Our first team squad numbers 30 if we include, as we should, some of the better young players such as Elsnik, Thomas, Bogle, Lowe & Guy - thats FAR TOO BIG - by at least 6 seniors in my opinion.

I'd say that it's entirely sensible for MM to finally say "there won't be significant investment in the Summer" as with a squad of 30 and tens of millions of pounds aready invested, there should be more than enough for the manager to work with and "wheel and deal" with.

I honestly think give or take a player or two, it will be a similar team from last year.

Barely any links to new players, hardly a great deal of interest in what we have. Doesnt look like a rebuild to me.

Dont seem overly fussed about bringing in these Chelsea kids , Lewis Baker etc.

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Barely any links to new players, hardly a great deal of interest in what we have. Doesnt look like a rebuild to me.

Only if you believe that every bit of interest/business is played in the tabloid gossip columns and social media.

41 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Well the end of the financial year has passed and Derby haven't been forced to sell any major assets, in order to balance the books for FFP. 

I was fully expecting to lose a player or two on the cheap because of this. Now, if the players are sold, we should get a decent price for them. 

Does this mean that our finances are better than we thought or will the accounts show us to be in breach of FFP, when they are published brexit year? 

... and somewhere deep in a rural Derbyshire village an old accountant is fist pumping.  

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

I honestly think give or take a player or two, it will be a similar team from last year.

Dont seem overly fussed about bringing in these Chelsea kids , Lewis Baker etc.

Lewis Baker has gone to the Dirties on loan for the season.

Swiss Ramble, a football economist guy I follow on twitter has just done a thread on Derby's 16/17 accounts.

That suggests that we will need to make a minimum of £4m profit this season, so if we sell Vydra for 11m and Weimann for 2m we can only realistically expect a maximum of 9m to be reinvested

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Most notable slide from that thread is thus:

Just finished reading the whole thread and it's very enlightening.

Apart from realising just how careful we are going to have to be this year, it highlights the ever-widening financial gap between relegated clubs and the rest of the Championship.

And also how much credit must go to the club in constantly working to increase revenues in such a difficult financial framework. 

I think there is more playing staff trimming to come but if you add together what we got in so far

1. .£2m+ compo for GR and associates, Ince £2.5m add on.

2. Potentially £2m for Wieman and £11 for Vidyra.

3. This together with salary savings on players such as Bent, Shackell, Baird who have left

New income has also come in with new shirt sponsor and suspect we will definitely get more TV coverage money.In addition the ground sponsorship is still up for grabs.

Taking all these things into account I don't think going forward FFP will be a major issue as our big spending days are over according to Mel.

Archived