Atmosphere at PPS

RedSox

Clickbait from the DT:  "Derby County’s home is only bettered by four other grounds throughout the division – according to popular fans’ site footballgroundmap.com.  Sheffield United’s Bramall Lane, Leeds United’s Elland Road, recently-relegated Swansea City’s Liberty Stadium and Nottingham Forest’s City Ground are the only stadiums which are said to have a better atmosphere."

Is this for real??  The City Ground??  I can't be having that....thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Clickbait from the DT:  "Derby County’s home is only bettered by four other grounds throughout the division – according to popular fans’ site footballgroundmap.com.  Sheffield United’s Bramall Lane, Leeds United’s Elland Road, recently-relegated Swansea City’s Liberty Stadium and Nottingham Forest’s City Ground are the only stadiums which are said to have a better atmosphere."

They have just the right number of empty seats to cause an echo effect making the noise and atmosphere appear better than it actually is.

Rumour is that Rowett was trying to boost our atmosphere using the same tactic by driving enough fans away with boring football. ?

53 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Personally, I’ve not been there enough times in one season to possibly comment. I imagine most Derby fans would say the same.

15 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

The Red Dogs is ******** but i’d Have thought Wolves would be up there after doing so well.

Since they're including relegated Swansea I would expect they're not including Wolves for the same reason: Championship teams for the upcoming season.

16 hours ago, Ramathorn said:

They have just the right number of empty seats to cause an echo effect making the noise and atmosphere appear better than it actually is.

Rumour is that Rowett was trying to boost our atmosphere using the same tactic by driving enough fans away with boring football. ?

It was working too! (The driving away of the fans part anyway!)

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There must be some very poor atmosphere grounds if PPS is top five.

Have you been to Hillsborough recently,for such a big club,the atmosphere is terrible.

Complete opposite to Bramall Lane which is great.

I always see PP as a footballing barometer,the better the quality of football + the amount of effort=A better atmosphere.

The problem is that booing has become as attractive as cheering/clapping.

I’m pretty confident on an atmosphere improvement at PP this year,until the first misplaced pass or hit and hope from TH,or if the players don’t smile etc etc.

17 hours ago, cosmic said:

Also, where’s Wednesday with all their massive support of talented singer/songwriters releasing original chants every week?

Just mentioned this to one of the Wednesday fans at work and he's said they're like the Coldplay of football, in which they release terrible songs that everyone knows...

19 hours ago, RedSox said:

Villa Park and Elland road, according to most you ask... so dont know where they get that from.

but pretty much always its better in old grounds, so we do well to come out anywhere near top

Archived