Help please!

HarryUK1234

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Don't cut them up. I think it would ruin it and make them virtually worthless.

you would be surprised, as a collective probably would go for £200 tops in an auction as there are quite a few around, cut up and sold as singles the bloomer one would sell for around £100 and the other 16 for anything from £10 to £40 as single autographs, so if there are 17 signatures, sounds crazy but that's how it works out there !!!

now if it had of been a collective of the 1946 FA cup winning team that would deffo be one to keep together.

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

Have you thought about contacting the club and selling or loaning them to the club, so they could be put on display? 

My dad had an autograph book from the 1930`s and I suggested he forward it to the club which he did.........about 20 years ago.

I received a signed football in return ........I can`t decipher the names although I think Igor is on there!   

5 minutes ago, Agadirram said:

My dad had an autograph book from the 1930`s and I suggested he forward it to the club which he did.........about 20 years ago.

I received a signed football in return ........I can`t decipher the names although I think Igor is on there!   

Nice!

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

But it says Ardershot.

I think it means that the people who had signed on the second page had arder shots than those on the first page.

And why is Dixie Dean's (Di Dean) on two different lists but seemingly crossed out on the first list?

This is strikingly similar to the Da Vinci Code. Hopefully nobody will get murdered or start engaging in self flagellation.

Too late.

8 hours ago, jagerbob said:

is there a constantly updated edition of that book, or even an online one?

I seem to think i had it upto 1984

There is/will be. The Derby County Historian Andy Ellis released Derby County - The First 100 Years: Match by Match in January this year which covers every first team game between 1884 and the 1984/85 season. It has some additional features compared to Gerald Mortimer's last 'Complete Record' version in 2006 e.g. player appearances on a match-by-match basis so you can find a player’s debut or a milestone appearance, league table position after every game and goalkeeper clean sheets. A version covering the period 1985/86 to date is planned in the near future and will be regularly updated. Can be found at https://www.amazon.co.uk/Derby-County-First-Years-Match/dp/1981637737.

I posted this the other day in the Football Forum section but seeing as many of you seem to be interested in the history of the Rams...

Issue 21 of Derby County Memories is now available on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292597477495? 

911482837_Issue21scan.thumb.jpg.37805a058c04d2013bf2e8fef08c383b.jpg
After 5 years, this will be the final printed edition before we move online to www.derbycountymemories.co.uk. The website is a work in progress so may take a few weeks before it is fully up and running. 

If you haven't read the magazine before, Derby County Memories is a quarterly publication that covers the history of the Rams through collectable items of memorabilia such as football programmes, tickets and books. Articles in issue 21 include: 

Derby v Birmingham City 
Memories of the 1988/89 season 
Dave Mackay's debut 
Tottenham Hotspur v Derby 1952/53 
Pirate programmes 
Jack Parry 
A complete record of contents from issues 1-21 

Thank you to everyone who has supported us since 2013 and we hope you will continue to read our work online.

57 minutes ago, HarryUK1234 said:

It also came with this but I don't think it's anything special

WP_20180611_17_28_28_Pro.jpg

That’s the season that the magic started !

mackay had joined and we were promoted as champions !

probs worth a tenner on eBay 

Sometimes its not all about value.

my favourite piece of memorabilia is a kevin hector signed copy of his home debut programme (v huddersfield?). Prob not worth much because hector must have signed thousands and thousands of autographs. But i wouldn't part with it.

I also had the full bound set of home progs from 71-72 with several autographs. I gave it to alan hinton. He loved it.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Sometimes its not all about value.

my favourite piece of memorabilia is a kevin hector signed copy of his home debut programme (v huddersfield?). Prob not worth much because hector must have signed thousands and thousands of autographs. But i wouldn't part with it.

I also had the full bound set of home progs from 71-72 with several autographs. I gave it to alan hinton. He loved it.

Totally agree, this is one of my prized possessions, it never cost a thing and it’s probably not worth a lot but I love it !

16FD62DD-6B21-44B0-A5C5-E53CD18DBDEC.jpeg

28960BBB-C10E-470A-A65F-A678CA1E92F2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Totally agree, this is one of my prized possessions, it never cost a thing and it’s probably not worth a lot but I love it !

16FD62DD-6B21-44B0-A5C5-E53CD18DBDEC.jpeg

28960BBB-C10E-470A-A65F-A678CA1E92F2.jpeg

I’ve got a load of those as well, they help keep the weather out and roof on top of the house 

8 hours ago, HarryUK1234 said:

Yeah, I don't think I will

Definitely don’t. Their provenance is key and in the form that you have them there will be a record somewhere of how they came to be together. As individual items that provenance disappears ...

Archived