Help please!

HarryUK1234

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

I have consulted the oracle and I think that you are looking at the 1933/34 season when most of those names formed the Derby County “squad”, a few of them went on to win the FA cup in 45/46, steve bloomer is a bonus added extra, he cemented his part of Derby folklore when he returned at the end of his career to become a general assistant at the BBG helping out with coaching but also painting the stands and carrying out general chores , he died in April 1938. Jack bowers was top scorer with 37 goals in the 33/34 season, Tommy Cooper (not that one) captained England three times that season, Jack bowers scored in six consecutive league games, still the only player to do this twice for Derby, and the double decker stand at the osmaston end opened for the first time.

1A83E52E-20FB-4AD0-B1C5-F3A7ADB22006.jpeg

Can you give me the title of that reference book please?

18 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

I have consulted the oracle and I think that you are looking at the 1933/34 season when most of those names formed the Derby County “squad”, a few of them went on to win the FA cup in 45/46, steve bloomer is a bonus added extra, he cemented his part of Derby folklore when he returned at the end of his career to become a general assistant at the BBG helping out with coaching but also painting the stands and carrying out general chores , he died in April 1938. Jack bowers was top scorer with 37 goals in the 33/34 season, Tommy Cooper (not that one) captained England three times that season, Jack bowers scored in six consecutive league games, still the only player to do this twice for Derby, and the double decker stand at the osmaston end opened for the first time.

as for value the bloomer one could go for £70/£100, a lot of people cut them out and sell them as single autographs, not sure of the value of  the whole page, at an auction if you had two bidders who wanted it perhaps £200.

but with 27 signatures and one being steve bloomer and one being the captain who lifted the FA cup and sammy crooks cutting them up and selling singularly could be an option ?

1A83E52E-20FB-4AD0-B1C5-F3A7ADB22006.jpeg

I don't think I would be able to cut them up an sell them separately even if I wanted to because the signatures are too close

14 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Derby County the complete record, before buying a new one look on ebay can often pick one up for  tenner or less

is there a constantly updated edition of that book, or even an online one?

I seem to think i had it upto 1984

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

is there a constantly updated edition of that book, or even an online one?

I seem to think i had it upto 1984

there have been three versions so far, the last one being in 2006, its content is updated along with the matches of course,

unfortunately we still get relegated to division to division three at the end of the 83/84 season in every edition !!!

20 minutes ago, HarryUK1234 said:

I don't think I would be able to cut them up an sell them separately even if I wanted to because the signatures are too close

you would be surprised, this one has been on ebay for a while and i doubt its authenticity

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steve-Bloomer-1938-Derby-County-Middlesbrough-England-signed-Autograph/253669677290?hash=item3b0fe418ea:g:I~wAAOSwWflZ7~db

here are some from a similar era to yours,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DERBY-COUNTY-1934-1935-VERY-RARE-ORIGINAL-HAND-SIGNED-BOOK-PAGE-12-X-SIGNATURES/292362959307?hash=item441230b9cb:g:kAAAAOSwcj1aKp18

1 hour ago, HarryUK1234 said:

Don't cut them up. I think it would ruin it and make them virtually worthless.

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Don't cut them up. I think it would ruin it and make them virtually worthless.

12 minutes ago, HarryUK1234 said:

Yeah, I don't think I will

You could/should seek the advice of an auctioneer. Charles Hanson is the obvious choice. Proud Derbyshire man, Derbyshire based,TV celebrity antiques expert, super enthusiastic (to the point of eccentricity) and all-round thoroughly good egg.

7 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

You could/should seek the advice of an auctioneer. Charles Hanson is the obvious choice. Proud Derbyshire man, Derbyshire based,TV celebrity antiques expert, super enthusiastic (to the point of eccentricity) and all-round thoroughly good egg.

I'm going to keep them as I like to collect Derby stuff ?

15 hours ago, needles said:

But it says Ardershot.

I think it means that the people who had signed on the second page had arder shots than those on the first page.

And why is Dixie Dean's (Di Dean) on two different lists but seemingly crossed out on the first list?

This is strikingly similar to the Da Vinci Code. Hopefully nobody will get murdered or start engaging in self flagellation.

Archived