Help please!

HarryUK1234

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, HarryUK1234 said:

Hello all!

I found these signatures in a derby book, I was hoping someone could help me identify them

And yeah they are all genuine

I have more of them but I couldn't upload them all

WP_20180610_21_15_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20180610_21_15_58_Pro.jpg

Well, this guy, bottom name on 1st list is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Bowers

so, between 1924 and 1936

So is T (Tommy!) Cooper 1925-1934

and Jack Barker 1923-1938

From the first list, these are the names that I recognise.  All played for DCFC, mainly in the 1930`s except the last named who played before  WW1 and is arguably the most famous player to represent the club.                                                                                                                                               Errington Keen

Dally Duncan

Peter Ramage

Freddie Jessop

Jack Kirby

Jack Nicholas

Tommy Cooper

Ralph Hann

Jack Bowers

Sammy Crooks

Jack Barker

Steve Bloomer who, as I said, played for DCFC before WW1 and who died in 1938.

No doubt others will have more information for you.

1 minute ago, Agadirram said:

From the first list, these are the names that I recognise.  All played for DCFC, mainly in the 1930`s except the last named who played before  WW1 and is arguably the most famous player to represent the club.                                                                                                                                               Errington Keen

Dally Duncan

Peter Ramage

Freddie Jessop

Jack Kirby

Jack Nicholas

Tommy Cooper

Ralph Hann

Jack Bowers

Sammy Crooks

Jack Barker

Steve Bloomer who, as I said, played for DCFC before WW1 and who died in 1938.

No doubt others will have more information for you.

Thank you for all the help everyone I appreciate it ?

2 hours ago, HarryUK1234 said:

Hello all!

I found these signatures in a derby book, I was hoping someone could help me identify them

WP_20180610_21_15_58_Pro.jpg

Oh yeah I forgot to put the rest on lol

WP_20180610_21_16_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20180610_21_15_48_Pro.jpg

1 minute ago, HarryUK1234 said:

Oh yeah I forgot to put the rest on lol

WP_20180610_21_16_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20180610_21_15_48_Pro.jpg

Dixie dean in that one .  He's probably pretty collectable had  a quick look on Hansons for you . Last Bloomer went for £70 alongside a few teammates but no picture of signature quality and this can make a big difference .   Yours could be a bit of a rarer example as obviously done after he finished playing and signatures do change slightly over time.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Dixie dean in that one .  He's probably pretty collectable had  a quick look on Hansons for you . Last Bloomer went for £70 alongside a few teammates but no picture of signature quality and this can make a big difference .   Yours could be a bit of a rarer example as obviously done after he finished playing and signatures do change slightly over time.

Thank you ?

11 hours ago, HarryUK1234 said:

Hello all!

I have consulted the oracle and I think that you are looking at the 1933/34 season when most of those names formed the Derby County “squad”, a few of them went on to win the FA cup in 45/46, steve bloomer is a bonus added extra, he cemented his part of Derby folklore when he returned at the end of his career to become a general assistant at the BBG helping out with coaching but also painting the stands and carrying out general chores , he died in April 1938. Jack bowers was top scorer with 37 goals in the 33/34 season, Tommy Cooper (not that one) captained England three times that season, Jack bowers scored in six consecutive league games, still the only player to do this twice for Derby, and the double decker stand at the osmaston end opened for the first time.

as for value the bloomer one could go for £70/£100, a lot of people cut them out and sell them as single autographs, not sure of the value of  the whole page, at an auction if you had two bidders who wanted it perhaps £200.

but with 27 signatures and one being steve bloomer and one being the captain who lifted the FA cup and sammy crooks cutting them up and selling singularly could be an option ?

1A83E52E-20FB-4AD0-B1C5-F3A7ADB22006.jpeg

Archived