World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

8 hours ago, SKRam said:

Apologies if already been mentioned in this thread but I’ve been hugely impressed with the stadiums, some real thought has gone in to making each one impressive and original. 

They all look the same... Apart from that one with the seats coming out of the back of the stand.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Well proud of Iran, People can moan about out VAR pen as much as they want, but we earnt the draw. Unlucky not to get more vs spain. A lot of teams will make it out of their groups on 4 points, hard done by to go home. We go again in the Asian cup

Well done Iran, proud to be iranian

To be fair, my surprise of the tournament. Little bit more quality in front of goal and that group could have been very different.

Looked like the fans were loving it. 

22 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Watching Denmark v France and it's dreadful. Can't help wondering how different it would be if they'd played each other in the first match of the group?

Bring on the knockout phase!

I think the same can be said of quite a few of the games at this tournament, with the two strongest teams in the group playing last meaning that both are happy to just finish the game injury-free.

Spain vs Portugal would probably be 0-0 instead of 3-3 if they had played last. 

I'm looking forward to watching Argentina later. They have to win.

Argentina winning, and finishing 2nd, would set up a 2nd round match with France. Surely that's better than say France vs Nigeria?

45 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Watching Denmark v France and it's dreadful. Can't help wondering how different it would be if they'd played each other in the first match of the group?

Bring on the knockout phase!

First game I managed to fall asleep twice during 

47 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think the same can be said of quite a few of the games at this tournament, with the two strongest teams in the group playing last meaning that both are happy to just finish the game injury-free.

Argentina winning, and finishing 2nd, would set up a 2nd round match with France. Surely that's better than say France vs Nigeria?

Not if Argentina continue to be dreadful and Nigeria go for it.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'd rather Nigeria go through

Banega has been Argentina’s best player.

They still look really average though. There is no pattern to their play, and their passing is so slow.

Mascherano is a big culprit. Slows the game down and often gives it away. 

Messi’s goal was superb all round. Great pass, great control, great finish.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Banega has been Argentina’s best player.

They still look really average though. There is no pattern to their play, and their passing is so slow.

Mascherano is a big culprit. Slows the game down and often gives it away. 

Messi’s goal was superb all round. Great pass, great control, great finish.

Think that's the case with Higuain too.

5 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Think that's the case with Higuain too.

Think Higuain was picked to give them a bit of a focal point, try and get the ball to stick up top in a way Aguero cant.

Still not sure how Dybala doesnt get a game.

Archived