Preseason Friendlies - Wolves, Cov, Notts County

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yep take us back to St Truiden square, beautiful summers evening, gorgeous beer and Derby County on tap!

Sint-Truiden - home of Wilderen Kriek. This is a stunningly beautiful Lambic fruit beer - the most gorgeous vivid red. Unfortunately for my palate, I found it overpoweringly sweet, and the sourness was all but hidden.

On the other hand, Kerkom (the other brewery in/near the town) produces Winterkoninkske Grand Cru. This stuff is a monster of a chocolate bomb/winter warmer. I've only had a sip (a friend had a bottle a couple of years ago and reluctantly spared me a taste), but I've never seen a bottle to buy. Kurt used to sell it, but not for some time, and for some reason I missed it. Perhaps he will get some in for Christmas.

I see the initial allocation is 1926, which sounds like a lot, but with it being Nottingham, hopefully sunny, plenty of time to drink, one of the few days in this next 30-40 days without a football match.... Plus it is Lampard's first match and there are plenty of seats......

Without doing a @B4ev6is, how many do you think we will take?

15,000?

Archived