Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great incentive for the derby players....play well, score loads of goals, win the golden boot, get sold. 

Really don't understand why we are getting rid of our best player and replacing him with a gamble from league one and someone we could have bought a year ago for 250k 

Vydra had one of the best shot to goal ratios in Europe for a large part of last season. One of the best finishers ever at derby county. 

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Not bothered about him going now due to us going back to 433, he probably wouldn't have started games anyway. I'm just dreading him scoring against us, it's going to happen. 

He can have one and I will applaud. Provided we get six.

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Not bothered about him going now due to us going back to 433, he probably wouldn't have started games anyway. I'm just dreading him scoring against us, it's going to happen. 

I doubt he will be fit for home game , by away game it may not matter ?

3 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Great incentive for the derby players....play well, score loads of goals, win the golden boot, get sold. 

Really don't understand why we are getting rid of our best player and replacing him with a gamble from league one and someone we could have bought a year ago for 250k 

Vydra had one of the best shot to goal ratios in Europe for a large part of last season. One of the best finishers ever at derby county. 

Selling at his peak value 

Doesn't fit Lampard system or work ethic

Maybe wants to move ih he's getting 40k plus per week

Would you prefer we wait until Christmas when he's barely played then we can send him out on loan for a million or sell him for 5

2 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Selling at his peak value 

Doesn't fit Lampard system or work ethic

Maybe wants to move ih he's getting 40k plus per week

Would you prefer we wait until Christmas when he's barely played then we can send him out on loan for a million or sell him for 5

How do we know he doesn't fit the system? he hasn't been given a chance. If he wants to leave then fair enough but I'm sure if he played up front he would do the business in this system 

7 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Marriott is only a gamble if we haven't done our homework on him. The reason Premier League clubs are going mad for Vydra is because they've done their homework on him. Leeds, I imagine, haven't because it seems like they're expecting him to lead the line. 

he doesn't look happy in the photos though - perhaps he went for a whistle stop tour of ******* Road this morning - and needed a drink to realise what he was doing....

bit of a protest outside a pub near the city centre - on his own..........all a bit odd

10 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Baffled how people can’t understand this move.

Lampard isn’t planning on playing a formation with his position so we’re selling him whilst his value is at its peak.

Its not rocket science. 

21 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I’d rather have a front 5 that are all getting goals than having team built for 1 player to score 20. When he wasn’t on it or injured we struggled.

mount, Wilson, Marriott, Lawrence, Jozefzoon and Bryson can all score a fair few goals.

Absolutely could not agree more with this. The contribution in terms of goals last season from everyone else was very poor.

You can probably add Waghorn to that list, cos he'll be here when Vydra is sold.

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Absolutely could not agree more with this. The contribution in terms of goals last season from everyone else was very poor.

You can probably add Waghorn to that list, cos he'll be here when Vydra is sold.

You heard about Waghorn from your contacts?

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Would have included him if Agnes but didn’t want to tempt fate. 

Could add Bennett and Thomas aswell if/when they get their chances.

32 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I’d rather have a front 5 that are all getting goals than having team built for 1 player to score 20. When he wasn’t on it or injured we struggled.

mount, Wilson, Marriott, Lawrence, Jozefzoon and Bryson can all score a fair few goals.

No chance, not when Mount can’t even get a capital M ?

PistoldPete2
7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yes if you add the goals and assists that Marriott, Wilson, jozefzoon Lawrence and wag horn got ,last season it's quite a lot. Avoid double counting of course, but add in Bryson and mount plus any strikers we keep out of nugget Jerome and martin and the squad still looks full of goals even without Vydra. Obviously don't expect Marriott to get 33 goals this year if he gets half that I would be happy. 

PistoldPete2

Just to follow up if Marriott gets 16 goals plus the odd assist, Wilson 10 goals and 10 assists, mount 5 goals 5 assists , Bryson ditto, Lawrence 7 goals 7 assists , flo Jo ditto, wag horn 10 goals 10 assists, jerome  or whoever adding a few that will give us about 60 goals I reckon. Plus others chipping in we will be fine. 

Some people getting about the potential fee. Ignore the add one. We've paid £3 million up front for Marriott. 

And if we get Waghorn it's £4 million up front.

add ons as based in promotion. And if we get there owing Ipswich 4 million and Peterborough 2 million won't exactly break the bank.

£7 million for a young, hungry striker who scored 33 goals last season in the league below and a potentially a player who contributed to more goals last season in the Championship than any other player in one of the most boring, defensive teams you could witness (even worse than us under the snake)

If we get £11 million for Vydra and sign Waghorn. In my opinion we've replaced his goals and made 4 million profit just with the 2 new attackers that have come in.

Then like you said. Chuck in Bryson, Mount, Wilson, Jozefzoon, Lawrence who are all more than capable of 5-10 goals each. Then I would get quite excited about our attacking threat.

Archived