Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Transfer window closes on Thursday 9th August at 5pm

Not in the football league- we can loan out or loan out view a guaranteed transfer to take place in the next window 

we have a smoke and mirrors transfer window this season 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

How is Vydra worth £16m? Bobby Reid is more versatile than Vydra, can play both in midfield and upfront, he’s younger, he hasn’t played in the PL yet and coming off a season of 19 goals and 7 assists.

Vydra is at peak value now. In contrast he’s only good in one system, he has already struggled at two PL clubs hence why PL interest in him is non-existent...

This time next summer Vydra could be coming off the back of a campaign where he’s only scored five goals and barely started, with 12 months left on his deal...

Blackman was in a different boat. He had six months left on his deal, but at the time he was among the leading scorers in the Championship and Clement wanted him having coached him before. Plus Sheff Wed were keen, and £3m is hardly megamoney.

Who is going to want Vydra next summer for anywhere near say £8m (what we spent to bring him here) when we’re struggling to flog him now for £10m coming off the back of a 21-goal campaign?

We only have ourselves as a club to blame I guess. We overspent on him in the first place.

Alternatively he could be coming off the back of season where he's scored 20+ back to back, and was a key part of the Rams breaking the 110 point barrier, while signing an extension to his current deal in December.

That's just as likely as your scenario, perhaps.

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Alternatively he could be coming off the back of season where he's scored 20+ back to back, and was a key part of the Rams breaking the 110 point barrier, while signing an extension to his current deal in December.

That's just as likely as your scenario, perhaps.

It's not though is it?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:
1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How is Vydra worth £16m? Bobby Reid is more versatile than Vydra, can play both in midfield and upfront, he’s younger, he hasn’t played in the PL yet and coming off a season of 19 goals and 7 assists.

Bobby Reid born 1993 and Vydra born 1992, Vydra 77 goals to his name and has been consistent throughout his career whereas Reid has 29 of which 19 came last season.  Stopped reading then when I noticed you were just making facts up to suit your argument.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well the odds are stacked more one way than the other - he's not likely to feature as first choice in Frank's 11 and he's not had a history of consistently scoring.

Not sure why he would not feature in Lampards first 11 if he is doing the buisiness on the pitch.  He has scored  20 goals in the championship twice before, not really odds stacked against him.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's just bought Marriot and spent preseason praising Nuge and Bennett.

Bit hard to praise someone not playing and out injured.  Also interesting that you happy to call out a season he had at Reading yet all the 3 you mention above have had bad patches throughout their career and never hit as many goals in this league as Vydra, just shows stats don’t tell the whole story ?

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's not though is it?

We just don't know, do we? He could force his way into Frank's plans early doors and adapt to this new way of playing.

One thing is for sure, I've never seen Matej as being a striker suited to a long ball system like we employed last season, yet he did alright in the end.

Very few of his goals last term were knock-downs from the big man up top, if any, so I don't see why he couldn't adjust his play to suit now.

I've read that he can't perform as a lone striker, yet I've yet to see Nugent isolated and ploughing a lone furrow up front this pre-season, winning the ball and laying it off to teammates when the odds are against, simply because that's not how Frank has set us up, so far.

I seen no reason Matej can't be at least the equal of Nugent in this system so far, in fact with his far superior finishing I think he'd be well suited.

Obviously this doesn't fit the narrative some have created where he's a lazy, mardy sulker, who only plays when it suits him and can't take a knock, but I'd take his dead eye in front of goal over Nuge's thumbs up to a crap ball every time.

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Bit hard to praise someone not playing and out injured.  Also interesting that you happy to call out a season he had at Reading yet all the 3 you mention above have had bad patches throughout their career and never hit as many goals in this league as Vydra, just shows stats don’t tell the whole story ?

It was about odds and if you had to bet on what next season would be like for Vydra (if he stays fit). My odds would be on him not fitting for us and not necessarily scoring lots. If he's that hot a prospect why aren't we being overwhelmed with offers when even Bamford gets bought?

3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

If Matej is going to be used in Frank's system it will be from one of the wide positions, like he was used during Slavisa Jokanovic's time at Watford. 

Instead of who though? 

Now is the right time to cash in - but no-one is buying, lol.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's was about odds and if you had to bet on what next season would be like for Vydra (if he stays fit). My odds would be on him not fitting for us and not necessarily scoring lots. If he's that hot a prospect why aren't we being overwhelmed with offers when even Bamford gets bought?

Sorry you not making sense there, Bamford went to Leeds because Vydra didn’t want to go there, and was happy to fit into their wage structure.

As for other suitors for Vydra, the options are limited, he seems to be like Ince where he is more suited to Championship football or for a club just promoted, Cardiff couldn’t afford his wages, and both Fulham and Wolves already have similar players at the club.

Lets not also forget that he wasn’t always in Rowetts plans, I would like to think that Lampard will not fall into a trap thinking just because people think he can’t play a certain way then he will not look to utilise him...what do I know though ?

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

By that logic Vyd's is worth 16 mil then with two years .

As I recall Blackman was in the last six months of his contract when we were robbed of 3 million quid . We wouldn't have paid that 18 months earlier when he had splinters in his arse from Readings bench. Add that to the time on the bench here there's  enough for Noah  to use him as an ark.  

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Blackman was in a different boat

(Mutiny on the bounty perhaps- through vydra overboard Mr Lampard he's got my place in the team cause i'm cack )

Archived