Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ny statement was true. A player is always worth less with 12 months left on his deal than what he would be with 2+ years. That isn’t rocket science.

I already explained that his value is likely to drop anyway coming off a season where he features less and scores less.

Now is peak value for Vydra. We aren’t going to be able to get more for him next summer. No way.

I do actually agree with you in general but it’s often determined by the market. As we’ve seen this year there isn’t a mass of clubs looking at him yet he’s the golden boot winner. 

Even if he played a bit part and we got promoted he would be a prem player and there may be clubs relegated looking for that type of player. If we don’t get promoted there may be relegated clubs or promoted clubs willing to take a punt.

so many variables that make up a transfer fee for any player.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

A player is always worth less with 12 months left on his deal than what he would be with 2+ years. That isn’t rocket science.

With 2+ years left on his deal, Bobby Reid was worth diddly squat and struggling to get into the Bristol City team.

With 1 year left on his deal, Bobby Reid was sold by Bristol City for £10m.

You do the math.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

With 2+ years left on his deal, Bobby Reid was worth diddly squat and struggling to get into the Bristol City team.

With 1 year left on his deal, Bobby Reid was sold by Bristol City for £10m.

You do the math.

If Bobby Reid had two plus years left on his deal he would have been worth £14m plus.

You do the math.

I’d disagree this is the time we can get the most for Vydra.

He could easily stay, score a hatful and sign a new deal this season. Then be worth £20m next season!

Stranger things have happened at Derby, look at Martin when he went to Fulham on loan...to then sign a new deal while out on loan...to then be not required again by the end of the season!

Just now, Mckram said:

He could easily stay, score a hatful and sign a new deal this season. Then be worth £20m next season!

Stranger things have happened at Derby, look at Martin when he went to Fulham on loan...to then sign a new deal while out on loan...to then be not required again by the end of the season!

Yeah, erm, your not selling this signing a new deal lark with your example mate?

26 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Bamford? Played there in his successful season with Boro in a 4231...

Possibly, but I think he'll more be using Bamford as a false 9, or 9 who stretches defenders by running in behind. Bielsa plays a wacky 3-3-1-3, where Vydra would be the 1.

Definitely space for both of them in the team.

PistoldPete2
28 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ny statement was true. A player is always worth less with 12 months left on his deal than what he would be with 2+ years. That isn’t rocket science.

I already explained that his value is likely to drop anyway coming off a season where he features less and scores less.

Now is peak value for Vydra. We aren’t going to be able to get more for him next summer. No way.

If vydra helps us get promoted his value to us will be a peak  value. His 21 goals last year would be worth less thaN say 11 goals this year if we get promoted this time. We would be strong candidates if we have vydra and Marriott and with better service for both thanks to mount, Wilson and flo Jo. 

13 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Vydra won’t score a hatful in this system, as he has no role in this system.

He won’t be a regular, and when he does get on we’ll be playing in a way which hinders him rather than gets the best out of him.

And next summer, who would want to spend anywhere near £10m for a player who features sporadically, scored only a handful of goals, can only play well in one system, has two disappointing  PL stints on his record and has only 12 months left on his existing contract...

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

If vydra helps us get promoted his value to us will be a peak  value. His 21 goals last year would be worth less thaN say 11 goals this year if we get promoted this time. We would be strong candidates if we have vydra and Marriott and with better service for both thanks to mount, Wilson and flo Jo. 

A big “if” which  assumes he will get a game - I think that’s far from certain but we’ll have to wait and see. 

41 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Vydra won’t score a hatful in this system, as he has no role in this system.

He won’t be a regular, and when he does get on we’ll be playing in a way which hinders him rather than gets the best out of him.

And next summer, who would want to spend anywhere near £10m for a player who features sporadically, scored only a handful of goals, can only play well in one system, has two disappointing  PL stints on his record and has only 12 months left on his existing contract...

You are assuming Lampard stays as manager for the whole season which we all know isn’t a certain thing! We could have Rowett back and Vydra becomes the main man again! (I really hope that doesn’t happen but MAC happened again...)

I personally hope we sell Vydra now, but I’m just saying funnier things have happened at Derby and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he stayed and was our top scorer. 

Can't sell him if nobody wants to buy him. What are you proposing Bris, a fire sale? Plenty of time left to sell him knowing how most of the deals go down to the wire on transfer deadline day. Just wait for Stoke coming in after they lose this weekend ?

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Yeah, erm, your not selling this signing a new deal lark with your example mate?

Haha I understand...my point was that there’s no saying Lampard will even be here in a few months time and another manager may have very different plans for Vydra and Vydra might be sold on the idea and sign a new deal!

I hope that’s not the case but surely after the last few years we know not to write anything off now! 

10 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Haha I understand...my point was that there’s no saying Lampard will even be here in a few months time and another manager may have very different plans for Vydra and Vydra might be sold on the idea and sign a new deal!

I hope that’s not the case but surely after the last few years we know not to write anything off now! 

Well you're a little ray of sunshine, aren't ya! ?

Take your point though ?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

If Bobby Reid had two plus years left on his deal he would have been worth £14m plus.

You do the math.

By that logic Vyd's is worth 16 mil then with two years .

As I recall Blackman was in the last six months of his contract when we were robbed of 3 million quid . We wouldn't have paid that 18 months earlier when he had splinters in his arse from Readings bench. Add that to the time on the bench here there's  enough for Noah  to use him as an ark.

50 minutes ago, Mckram said:

You are assuming Lampard stays as manager for the whole season which we all know isn’t a certain thing! We could have Rowett back and Vydra becomes the main man again! (I really hope that doesn’t happen but MAC happened again...)

I personally hope we sell Vydra now, but I’m just saying funnier things have happened at Derby and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he stayed and was our top scorer. 

Well your a ray of sunshine aren’t you!! I’m off to slash my wrists now. Goodbye world! ??

30 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

By that logic Vyd's is worth 16 mil then with two years .

As I recall Blackman was in the last six months of his contract when we were robbed of 3 million quid . We wouldn't have paid that 18 months earlier when he had splinters in his arse from Readings bench. Add that to the time on the bench here there's  enough for Noah  to use him as an ark.

How is Vydra worth £16m? Bobby Reid is more versatile than Vydra, can play both in midfield and upfront, he’s younger, he hasn’t played in the PL yet and coming off a season of 19 goals and 7 assists.

Vydra is at peak value now. In contrast he’s only good in one system, he has already struggled at two PL clubs hence why PL interest in him is non-existent...

This time next summer Vydra could be coming off the back of a campaign where he’s only scored five goals and barely started, with 12 months left on his deal...

Blackman was in a different boat. He had six months left on his deal, but at the time he was among the leading scorers in the Championship and Clement wanted him having coached him before. Plus Sheff Wed were keen, and £3m is hardly megamoney.

Who is going to want Vydra next summer for anywhere near say £8m (what we spent to bring him here) when we’re struggling to flog him now for £10m coming off the back of a 21-goal campaign?

We only have ourselves as a club to blame I guess. We overspent on him in the first place.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

A big “if” which  assumes he will get a game - I think that’s far from certain but we’ll have to wait and see. 

No it assumes he will get game time, there's obviously competition for places but most of our forwards are over 30 and will not be playing the full 90 minutes 46 games a season. We have a strong squad , needs trimming but we could  shed 5 or 6 players and still have a strong squad. Best to make use of that strength by rotating players. 

7 minutes ago, Shang said:

Possibly, but I think he'll more be using Bamford as a false 9, or 9 who stretches defenders by running in behind. Bielsa plays a wacky 3-3-1-3, where Vydra would be the 1.

Definitely space for both of them in the team.

Would they really spend £21m on 2 attackers though? 

Archived