What do you think our Formation will be next season

We’re almost certain to stick with the three at the back formation if we sell Vydra.

We’ll probably look at bringing in another LWB or trying Max Lowe there. 

Rowett seems to love BradJohn so can’t see much change at CM although we’re crying out for more mobility there.

We need another wide man too in place of Weimann.

I think Rowett will believe we have another playoff shot in us even without Vydra.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/05/2018 at 12:14, needles said:

If Vyds does leave, I think we'd get better effect from Lawrence in that role, so we could continue the 9 + 10 front two in a 4231 or otherwise. If we're going to do that though, we need a couple of genuine wide players - with young Thomas in the mix.

Who knows though? I don't get the impression Rowett is that fussed about formation, so whichever way we go we need square pegs in square holes, unlike this year where, for presumably good reasons, we've always looked a bit cobbled together squad wise.

Are you on drugs, biscuit legs Lawrence is horrendous and the thought of him in the 10 role instead of Vydra makes me ill.

On 16/05/2018 at 12:32, TexasRam said:

The usual 4231 until we go 1-0 up then it’ll be 9-0-1 (or if it’s an opposition corner 10-0-0) 

No team in the Championship has won by 3 or more goals in games this season than Derby. 

So there's that theory out the window. 

19 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No team in the Championship has won by 3 or more goals in games this season than Derby. 

Brilliant cheers, I’m trying to funny and you destroy it with facts ?

54 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Before xmas...once the vydra goals dried up after xmas not that many goals at all lol

TobyWanKenobi
On 16/05/2018 at 12:49, Edtheram said:

4-3-2-1

Carson

Wisdom   X   Davies   X

X     Huddlestone   X

X                            Lawrence

X

X = position in which we need recruitment

Lawrence and X play closely to the striker there role is of a LF and RF

So you believe that a side that was at one point second, then finished in the playoffs, needs more than half of it's players replacing.

Interesting.

I would like to see this formation with wing backs. With the money from selling the rest we can fill in the new players. Time for some u23s to be involved.

Carson

Wisdom      Davies

New rwb            Thorne             Anya

New cm        Elsnik

Lawrence

New cf           New cf

Subs pick from Roose, new cb, Guy, Vernam, Jerome, Nugent, Huddlestone, Ledley, Lowe, Pearce, Thomas, Hanson, Bennett.

10 hours ago, hiltonram said:

I would like to see this formation with wing backs. With the money from selling the rest we can fill in the new players. Time for some u23s to be involved.

Carson

Wisdom      Davies

New rwb            Thorne             Anya

New cm        Elsnik

Lawrence

New cf           New cf

Subs pick from Roose, new cb, Guy, Vernam, Jerome, Nugent, Huddlestone, Ledley, Lowe, Pearce, Thomas, Hanson, Bennett.

Thorne can’t lace hudds boots even at this stage in hudds career 

I’d stick with the 3-4-2-1 that served us well in the final few games of the season. Based on the line ups from those games, and the performances of individuals, I think we only need to upgrade a few positions.

A new left side of defence is fairly urgent in my opinion. Fozzy is a nervous wreck with a mistake every game. I would like a young, tall CB at that spot. A new LWB over Ollsson too, who also seems to not be good at either attack or defending at the minute.

Id love to see us buy Winnall permenantly. I think he would become our starting forward, and get the goals that we lose selling Vydra. Whether we need another CAM/Wideman comes down to whose available and the funds we have. But if we need to have a tight year financially, I think we can still remain competitive with this team:

Carson

Keogh Davies CB

Wisdom Hudds Johnson/Thorne LWB

Lawrence Weimann/Elsnik

Winnall

Carson

Wisdom    Huddlestone    Davies

Keogh/new    Thorne     Ledley     new lwb 

new ‘no 10’       Lawrence   

Jerome 

3-4-3

Utilise Huddlestone’s passing as a sweeper, too slow to play in the middle generally, has played there before for Derby and Hull. If Keogh stays think he would make a decent wing back, he also started his career at right back. Thorne is in depending on preseason and whether he can get anywhere near the 13/14 form? The midfield two could be any of the above or Elsnik, Guy, Johnson or new signings. Would also look at another striker if Vydra does go, if he stays he can be the ‘no 10’ but think he’ll be off?!

6 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Carson

Wisdom    Huddlestone    Davies

Keogh/new    Thorne     Ledley     new lwb 

new ‘no 10’       Lawrence   

Jerome 

3-4-3

Utilise Huddlestone’s passing as a sweeper, too slow to play in the middle generally, has played there before for Derby and Hull. If Keogh stays think he would make a decent wing back, he also started his career at right back. Thorne is in depending on preseason and whether he can get anywhere near the 13/14 form? The midfield two could be any of the above or Elsnik, Guy, Johnson or new signings. Would also look at another striker if Vydra does go, if he stays he can be the ‘no 10’ but think he’ll be off?!

I agree in a back 3 there is a place for Huddlestone as the “sweeper”, though I’d like someone with a bit more energy in the middle than a pairing of Thorne & Ledley.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

I agree in a back 3 there is a place for Huddlestone as the “sweeper”, though I’d like someone with a bit more energy in the middle than a pairing of Thorne & Ledley.

Looking at it I think you’re right, alternate between Thorne and Ledley on form and bring some younger legs in along side them. Bryson if he’s still around, not necessarily younger but he does get around??

Archived