Ahhh another season of Rowett

RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We had two CDM's on when needing a goal. That answers Rowett's philosophy more than anything. A goal to save a season, but let's keep defending a 2-1 defeat.

We used all 3 subs on attacking players. What more do you want Rowett to do? Just tell his bench to all run on the pitch anyway?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first season in recent times that I just haven’t been excited for the next season. Not because of Rowett, or the way we play, but because we don’t have anything exciting going for us. In 14/15 I thought we were going to win the league. In 15/16 we had a New manager. In 16/17 we had a New manager in Pearson, and seeing his record I was particularly excited- sad that he turned out to be our worst manager for a long time. And this season? New signings? Realistically what players are going to want to sign for us? We’re not a Fulham, we don’t play attacking football, and we just don’t have a very promising team. We may have some good players, but they’re only good because they’re experienced (Bar a couple). I can only imagine ex-Rowett players wanting to sign. Sorry everyone, not looking forward to next year at all honestly. 

Just now, lrm14 said:

We used all 3 subs on attacking players. What more do you want Rowett to do? Just tell his bench to all run on the pitch anyway?

Bring on Nugent for Johnson or Huddlestone, not for Jerome. Simple.

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Your not even a supporter of this club. Funny really 

Roy IS a supporter and he has his stance - which ain’t dissimilar to mine. 

Supporting or not supporting Gary is a very polarised thing which speaks volumes about his style and tenure.

Because of this, it has split the fans into being perceived as anti or pro Derby, which ain’t right. Which is why I stopped posting about Gary / I was getting sick of being tarred an idiot for not liking Gary, even with justification.

Lets all just chill til after the World Cup, see where we are first game next season, go to the match and see how it goes.

I wish we were going to Wembley but now it’s all over, thank fug for that!

?

1 minute ago, JarodyDCFC said:

This is the first season in recent times that I just haven’t been excited for the next season. Not because of Rowett, or the way we play, but because we don’t have anything exciting going for us. In 14/15 I thought we were going to win the league. In 15/16 we had a New manager. In 16/17 we had a New manager in Pearson, and seeing his record I was particularly excited- sad that he turned out to be our worst manager for a long time. And this season? New signings? Realistically what players are going to want to sign for us? We’re not a Fulham, we don’t play attacking football, and we just don’t have a very promising team. We may have some good players, but they’re only good because they’re experienced (Bar a couple). I can only imagine ex-Rowett players wanting to sign. Sorry everyone, not looking forward to next year at all honestly. 

Be happy that we will have consistency and a formation for GR to now work on. 

Some people would never be happy whatever the outcome. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Bring on Nugent for Johnson or Huddlestone, not for Jerome. Simple.

Jerome was absolutely knackered and had gotten nowhere all game. You can't just sub off the entire midfield for strikers, football doesn't work like that.

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

How wasn't it set up right ? It was set up the same as the first leg and "that was a tactical masterclass" from Rowett by the media ! 

The media were wrong. We scored with our only shot on target, whilst Fulham hit the bar, forced an outstanding save from Carson, and somehow blasted over from 6 yards out. We gave up way too many chances in that first leg and it would've been more had Davies not played the game of his life to keep Mitrovic quiet. There was no way we were going to get that lucky again if we played the same way, but we literally can't play any other way. All the creativity and energy has been sucked out of the squad.

Just now, CHCDerby said:

Be happy that we will have consistency and a formation for GR to now work on. 

Some people would never be happy whatever the outcome. 

That sort of thing just doesn’t excite me honestly. I am not a Rowett hater at all, but there’s just nothing that’s making me excited.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We had two CDM's on when needing a goal. That answers Rowett's philosophy more than anything. A goal to save a season, but let's keep defending a 2-1 defeat.

Maybe it’s me being cynical but was he perhaps trying to save his job? Keeping the score down to 2-0 rather than going for it and getting beat by 4 or 5 and potentially heavy questions about his job? 

Although the other argument is that he was perhaps hoping for a lucky goal out of nowhere as there was only 1 goal in the tie.

Just now, lrm14 said:

Jerome was absolutely knackered and had gotten nowhere all game. You can't just sub off the entire midfield for strikers, football doesn't work like that.

So? We needed a goal, if the ball fell to Bradley Johnson or Cameron Jerome, I know who I would back to finish it. Football does work like that. We didn't even look a tiny bit better when Jerome came off.

1 minute ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Roy IS a supporter and he has his stance - which ain’t dissimilar to mine. 

Supporting or not supporting Gary is a very polarised thing which speaks volumes about his style and tenure.

Because of this, it has split the fans into being perceived as anti or pro Derby, which ain’t right. Which is why I stopped posting about Gary / I was getting sick of being tarred an idiot for not liking Gary, even with justification.

Lets all just chill til after the World Cup, see where we are first game next season, go to the match and see how it goes.

I wish we were going to Wembley but now it’s all over, thank fug for that!

?

No he's not a supporter , he isn't supporting the team , that s a supporter . Supporting the team . He couldn't wait to post that awful distatsteful post about Rowett as soon as the final whistle blew. Supporting the team is through thick and thin. Were in a damn sight better position now , then we were last year. 

Just now, McLovin said:

Maybe it’s me being cynical but was he perhaps trying to save his job? Keeping the score down to 2-0 rather than going for it and getting beat by 4 or 5 and potentially heavy questions about his job? 

Although the other argument is that he was perhaps hoping for a lucky goal out of nowhere as there was only 1 goal in the tie.

Yes, but I don't care about his job. I care about him trying to win, it's the playoffs FFS, I don't care how much we win or lose, we have to get a goal at 2-0 down, ******* go for it don't defend a defeat for god sake. 

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Because he set it up exactly the same as Friday and expected Fulham play exactly the same. You can’t defend for 90 minutes, never mind 180, it’s as simple as that. You need to push out, hold the ball forward and take the pressure off your defence. We didn’t and got punished.

We did play exactly the same and so did they ! 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes, but I don't care about his job. I care about him trying to win, it's the playoffs FFS, I don't care how much we win or lose, we have to get a goal at 2-0 down, ******* go for it don't defend a defeat for god sake. 

Not disagreeing, just trying to understand.

Just now, Andicis said:

So? We needed a goal, if the ball fell to Bradley Johnson or Cameron Jerome, I know who I would back to finish it. Football does work like that. We didn't even look a tiny bit better when Jerome came off.

In the 90th minute based on how tired they both were? Johnson, every time.

And yes we did look better. Jerome has been excellent for us recently and is one of the big reasons we're in the playoffs, but he struggled tonight and was absolutely knackered when he was subbed off.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

No he's not a supporter , he isn't supporting the team , that s a supporter . Supporting the team . He couldn't wait to post that awful distatsteful post about Rowett as soon as the final whistle blew. Supporting the team is through thick and thin. Were in a damn sight better position now , then we were last year. 

Sorry mate but I’m right. 

clarkeram7

We gave it a go, just aren't good enough.. Same old culprits! I trust Gary to make the changes, another 5/6 in and out

Archived