The Vegan Club are Recruiting

Day

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

But I'd taste of berries.

I always thought people might reevaluate whether eating other animals is a good idea if we had to contend with raptors roaming the street on the way to work in the morning.  Its very easy for someone to be pro eating other animals when no animals are going to eat them.

Depends where you live I guess?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Depends where you live I guess?

Under the sea you'd get eaten, that's why you don't see any Mermaids around. Only reason Spongebob has survived is he's a sponge.

Just now, StringerBell said:

I really should have known someone would be eating sponges, this is the internet!

described the household necessity as her 'guilty pleasure'

Blimey, and I thought my guilty pleasures were bad

19 minutes ago, David said:

Under the sea you'd get eaten, that's why you don't see any Mermaids around. Only reason Spongebob has survived is he's a sponge.

Amazing things, sponges. Think how deep the ocean would be if it wasn't for them.

7 minutes ago, David said:

I really should have known someone would be eating sponges, this is the internet!

described the household necessity as her 'guilty pleasure'

Blimey, and I thought my guilty pleasures were bad

The article gives the impression she's been eating them since she was 3 which cant be right?  I once ate a tub of ghostbusters ectoplasm but I was instructed not to do it again.

Just now, StringerBell said:

The article gives the impression she's been eating them since she was 3 which cant be right?  I once ate a tub of ghostbusters ectoplasm but I was instructed not to do it again.

Not really eating them either, watched the video hoping she would reveal details about her bowel movements but only chews them.....sometimes 20 a day. Still weird like. You'd think she'd mix it up bit, try Lemon Fairy liquid.

5 hours ago, StringerBell said:

A farmer learned I was a vegan from some friends while he was in a takeaway and I sat in the car.  I could see him getting a bit animated and they say they had to talk him down from getting into a row with me as I was basically a threat to his livelihood.

A threat to his livelihood lol, really? I'm a farmer & I fully respect your choice to be a vegan. I gave the diet a go myself for just shy of 2yrs, to see if there were any benefits to it. Alas my energy levels just seemed to get lower the longer I stuck to the diet, so I knocked it on the head.

Like yourself Stringer I've had a fair few people go out of their way to have full blown rows with me when they find out that I'm a farmer, & if I'm honest they're usually vegans.

I find nothing wrong with a animal free diet...but let's get rid of the myth pedalled by many vegans...it isn't a animal death free diet, the amount of animals that die in crop production etc, is as large as those that go through the abattoirs. Their not accidental deaths either, a deliberate process that kills is no accident.

Now although I know farmers who have had bad experiences with animal activists (maybe the farmer you mention had had one?), I'd also say that I have no problems with the activists, if they're highlighting bad animal welfare.

Unfortunately I've found the majority though to be ill informed & to perpetrate their fair share of animal cruelty through ignorance. 

The activists who broke into a farm to try to liberate a badly infected quarantined calf...who let it suckle their fingers before going to another shed of healthy calfs & letting them suckle their now germ ridden fingers, leading to a outbreak of the infection amongst the healthy calfs, is just unacceptable animal cruelty through ignorance.

I spend time periodically meeting with vegan groups to separate fact from fiction. Why we shear sheep, why honey is taken from hives etc etc..it's not to try to change minds, it's just so informed choices are made. 

Anyway enjoy the vegan diet & debating gender equality etc & I'll continue to enjoy farming responsibly, creating different environments for nature to flourish, assisting rare breeds & aiding our lady as she turns the wheel of the year.

16 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Well a lot of the bees do die I believe. 

Well I didn't suppose I was eating honey from some sort of magical immortal bee

16 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I still wouldn't eat bee spit just as I wouldn't eat chicken periods. 

Yeah and aubergines are the swollen ovaries of the egg plant, You monster

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

Beer? Is it the living yeast?

No - as @StringerBell said - they often use finings made out of fish bladders to clear the beer and stop it being murky.   It's purely aesthetic, there is no other reason. Traditionally a murky beer was the sign of a bad beer. These days the craft beer revolution positively embraces a murky beer, so almost all of them are vegan friendly. They may well however have remnants of live yeast in them, but I'm not sure even vegans take it that far. Realistically there are living micro-organisms in almost everything we consume

Archived