Jacob Butterfield

TuffLuff

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I think the difference between my dog and Johnson is that my dog wouldn't be as good in the air but would be better closing down the ball.

Pass accuracy would be about the same. 

Positioning would probably be about the same as well

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, David said:

He’s not even that now. Step forward Robbie Savage, might be retired but still.

Anyway, Butterfield was a cracking midfielder, hindsight says we overpaid massively, but at the time given the way fees were going I thought we had a real player on our hands for a decent fee.

Sticking to this as I’m sure I said it at the time as it’s true.

I’m also sure that player is still in there and under the right conditions he will go on to be a key player somewhere:

I say somewhere as he’s probably burnt his bridges with us now though and will be in a real difficult situation, we’re not the forgiving and forgetting type.

Nor does he appear to be Rowett’s type, think it was Alpha in another topic that suggested Reading as a possible destination, that would be ideal with Clement there. 

My moneys on a season loan to Reading.

I rated Butterfield when he was at Huddersfield, and was pleased we signed him, albeit for about twice the price he should have been. 

Thought he started quite well for us and hoped he’s rurn into a key player for us, sadly it went horribly wrong. There are various reasons that have already been mentioned. Don’t see him playing for us again, a move to a team like Reading is probably best, though I doubt we will find a buyer.

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Definately not enough "experience" or "know how" or some other such phrase that gets parroted around.

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He's only 3 though. Making him about 27 years too young for Derby?

And the fact that he’s got four right feet 

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think the difference between my dog and Johnson is that my dog wouldn't be as good in the air but would be better closing down the ball.

Pass accuracy would be about the same. 

But do you love them both equally? That's how I read it...

Alpha, the ultimate Johnson fan.

I was delighted when we signed him, and he did well in his first season. But last season his attitude wasn't good enough, drifted through games without making any impact and when fans and his coaches started asking for more, he didn't really want to know. Got talent no doubt, but doesn't try enough to consistently influence games.

As for Johnson, he's looked a new man since we switched formation. I think he's been playing well the last three games. 

13 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

he didn't really want to know.

totally disagree with this.

His critics had their reasons, but none for lack of effort. He never stopped running, never stopped trying to win the ball, even got sent off for mistiming a challenge.

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

What about in dog years?

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

scoots it away with his nose.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

But do you love them both equally? That's how I read it...

Alpha, the ultimate Johnson fan.

What I'm taking from this thread is that people aren't sticking up for Bradley Johnson being better than a dog. 

Shame on you. 

Archived