Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

26 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If we didn't have censoring, there wouldn't be the great line from The Who's My Generation 

Why don't you all f-f-fade away

That's different, imagine hearing that song and then the vocal disappears for a second. Grrrrrrr 

The P C element related to the above.

Some years ago, the musical 'Chicago' was doing the rounds of the amateur stage before it hit the West End etc. I was privileged to play in 2 or 3 productions of this. Sat in the pit, you get to know the libretto pretty well, better than the stage sometimes.

There was a classic bit where Billy Flynn, the fast talking lawyer, offers to take on Roxy's murder charge defence for $5,000.

Amos (Roxy's husband) want's to know if he'll get her off, as it's a lot of money.

Billy's response was "I'm no braggart, and don't like to blow my own horn but if Jesus Christ was alive today, and he'd had $5.000,  things would have turned out different"

I went to see a production at the de Montfort Hall in Leicester recently with one of the Osmond brothers playing Billy Flynn. Very good, but they changed the line from 'Jesus Christ' to 'Joan of Arc'. My groan must have been heard down the street.

Sith Happens
19 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Wasps nests!

Useless creatures unlike Bees, stung twice trying to get rid of one tonight, ouch! :angry::(

should have dropped it in a bin bag and put it on freecycle as a free pinata.

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Naughty, I appreciate sites need advertising but every 30 seconds or so, this redirection <div> tag to some advert which stops the clip altogether and then returns when you have the mandatory 15 second viewing is atrocious.

RIP Google :angry:

my little one has "safe search" on Google and the adverts are clearly not appropriate, providing loans to a 12 year old is not only immoral but illegal.

I dare bet safe search is set to elimate sites of more adult content, its not like a 12 year old is actually going to be able to get as far as taking a loan.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

The P C element related to the above.

Some years ago, the musical 'Chicago' was doing the rounds of the amateur stage before it hit the West End etc. I was privileged to play in 2 or 3 productions of this. Sat in the pit, you get to know the libretto pretty well, better than the stage sometimes.

There was a classic bit where Billy Flynn, the fast talking lawyer, offers to take on Roxy's murder charge defence for $5,000.

Amos (Roxy's husband) want's to know if he'll get her off, as it's a lot of money.

Billy's response was "I'm no braggart, and don't like to blow my own horn but if Jesus Christ was alive today, and he'd had $5.000,  things would have turned out different"

I went to see a production at the de Montfort Hall in Leicester recently with one of the Osmond brothers playing Billy Flynn. Very good, but they changed the line from 'Jesus Christ' to 'Joan of Arc'. My groan must have been heard down the street.

that just proves that whomever made that decision clearly has no clue about anything, they probably assumed Jesus Christ could be considered offensive to non christians, yet if they actually had a clue they would know that Jesus Christ is a revered figure in more religions than just christianity.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I dare bet safe search is set to elimate sites of more adult content, its not like a 12 year old is actually going to be able to get as far as taking a loan.

That was a bad example, Google have a responsibility to filter swearing and adverts that are age appropriate.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

that just proves that whomever made that decision clearly has no clue about anything, they probably assumed Jesus Christ could be considered offensive to non christians, yet if they actually had a clue they would know that Jesus Christ is a revered figure in more religions than just christianity.

Well, it was in Leicester.

What's with this awful "should of" and "could of" that is creeping in more and more in the forum? It's not dialect it's just plain bad grammar. It's one thing to say it but to actually write it is just bad. 

Sith Happens
23 hours ago, LesterRam said:

That was a bad example, Google have a responsibility to filter swearing and adverts that are age appropriate.

must admit dont envy anyone having kids on the web now, i cant imagine its possible to filter out everything its like if someone posts something on here it might block certain words, but post it as a picture and it wont and would rely on a moderator to remove if they see it.

19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

must admit dont envy anyone having kids on the web now, i cant imagine its possible to filter out everything its like if someone posts something on here it might block certain words, but post it as a picture and it wont and would rely on a moderator to remove if they see it.

Well no money in deleting images, we can now use recognition software to filter offensive images and even this tripe by extremist's but decide against it.

8 hours ago, Joe. said:

Breaking news is too overused. Everything is breaking news these days, "BREAKING NEWS: dog lost in Widnes " for ***** sake

your kidding? i hope they find it safe.

Credulous fools who watch any of the multitude of storage hunter/wars programs and believe that they are real. That alone is bad enough, but the absolute worst is when those same fools proceed to explain the pointless minutiae of each fictitious bid from last night's show to me even though I have never shown the slightest interest in this utter nonsense.

On 29/08/2016 at 17:41, Paul71 said:

What about this?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/rubbish-obsessed-schoolboy-buys-reallife-bin-lorry-mums-credit-card/story-22367303-detail/story.html