Ghosts, Curses , Jinx etc

FindernRam

7 hours ago, eddie said:

Close enough.

I had this - prat, for want of a better word - regale me with his theory of spiral time a few weeks ago (yes, alcohol was involved). He theorised that time was tightly coiled, and that you could 'see' from one coil to another, thus experiencing the same phenomenon multiple times. He was also a flat-earther, but I destroyed him with one simple question: "In a volcanic eruption, where does the lava come from?"

Yes, but eddie, what part of your body does the soul inhabit, is it the appendix, and do all good dogs go to heaven?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, eddie said:

Let's have a quick test.

Who here 'believes' in deja-vu as something paranormal, who has had an experience of deja-vu, and what do you think it represents?

I've had many experiences of deja vu, some 80% of the population experience it at some point during their lifetime. 

Is it paranormal? Yes I believe it is...whether it's our ability to subconsciously communicate with ourselves in other dimensions who have already experienced things yet to happen in our own..or whether we have visited places etc in our dreams (a sort of subconscious astral travel) or something else I couldn't actually say for sure.

Why what do you believe Eddie? that it's a anomaly brain glitch that make us believe we have seen it before... or perhaps our brain is relating similar experiences that it has seen before to the situation in question, in a kind of Cleary type experiment??

I accept that your opinion like many others are governed by what I see as, the prison of science...But for me, new age...if that's what we're calling it? (a strange name for beliefs that often predate science), can be/are often ahead of science in its attempts to understand that which can not yet be proven or disproved. 

12 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Isn’t it to do with a split second delay in a signal in the brain, which creates the impression of having seen something twice?

I heard an episode of "Infinite Monkey Cage" podacst where they said pretty much this.

All of our senses work at different speeds, so we effectively experience the world a split second in the past, as it were, because our brain deliberately tries to sync the different speeds of the signals it's getting to present a complete "picture". I can't remember which is fastest but I think vision is the slowest due to the amount of information needing to be processed.

Deja Vu was desribed as when the brian temporarily fails to match the speeds for a few seconds and so it feels like we have multiple experiences of the same time period.

44 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

not very snappy for chanting though

Not in the same league as "Alzheimer's Awareness"....

What do we want?

Can't remember.

When do we want it?

Want what?

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Deja Vu was desribed as when the brian temporarily fails to match the speeds for a few seconds and so it feels like we have multiple experiences of the same time period.

None of which proves or disproves psychic phenomena, of course, nor is it evidence of a chain of causality. 

The only curse is that we don't have enough players that leave their heart and soul on the pitch every week. If you look at other promoted sides, perhaps with the exception of Newcastle, who were just light years ahead, they are made up of players that you wouldn't want to cross, or meet in a dark alley after dark. 

Realistically, what players in our squad would c you look at and think "**** that"?

Archived