Derbyshire Cricket 2018

Jimbo Ram

So, you are in David Houghton's shoes. What changes do you make to the county championship team next season? I would go for:

1. New

2. Godleman

3. Reece

4. Madsen

5. Hughes

6. New (batting all-rounder)

7. Critchley

8. Hossein

9. Palladino

10. Viljoen

11. New (pace bowler)

So I think we need 3 additions, if we can let Wilson and Rampaul go all well and good, keep Smit as back up w/k. Maybe the overseas player could be the opening batsman or all-rounder who can bat.

Thoughts......

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. New Opener

2. Godleman

3. Reece 

4. Madsen

5. New Batsman

6. Hughes

7. Critchley

8. Hosein

9.  New Bowler

10. Viljoen

11. New Bowler

i don’t mind Palladino and Rampaul still being around the squad, but I want a couple of new decent quicks.

i want a proper batsman rather than Jimbo Rams all rounder, we already have Reece and Hughes, and I don’t think Hughes should be batting any higher than 6.

new opening bat is the obvious one.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

1. New Opener

2. Godleman

3. Reece 

4. Madsen

5. New Batsman

6. Hughes

7. Critchley

8. Hosein

9.  New Bowler

10. Viljoen

11. New Bowler

i don’t mind Palladino and Rampaul still being around the squad, but I want a couple of new decent quicks.

i want a proper batsman rather than Jimbo Rams all rounder, we already have Reece and Hughes, and I don’t think Hughes should be batting any higher than 6.

new opening bat is the obvious one.

Think we are in broad agreement but I think Palladino is currently our best bowler. I did say a batting all-rounder who I am happy to come in at 5 or 6.....

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think we are in broad agreement but I think Palladino is currently our best bowler. I did say a batting all-rounder who I am happy to come in at 5 or 6.....

By a mile. As far as 'how long can he go on for', as long as he wants to - he is the same age as Graham Onions and a year younger than Jimmy Anderson. He isn't a tearaway, but he is a more than useful medium-pacer who can be almost unplayable in 'English conditions', and a pretty decent lower-order batsman to boot.

56 minutes ago, eddie said:

By a mile. As far as 'how long can he go on for', as long as he wants to - he is the same age as Graham Onions and a year younger than Jimmy Anderson. He isn't a tearaway, but he is a more than useful medium-pacer who can be almost unplayable in 'English conditions', and a pretty decent lower-order batsman to boot.

Where do you think we need to strengthen Eddie?

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Finally out for 255.

have to wonder how important those lower order runs will be.

Yes, I was hopeful that we could roll them over for under 200, but I would certainly have settled for 255 at the start.

27 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes, I was hopeful that we could roll them over for under 200, but I would certainly have settled for 255 at the start.

Yep, and then with Godleman & Madsen getting just the 1 run between them, I was really thinking we could have done with getting the out for under 200. 

A good job done by Hughes & Lace to bar through to the end of play though.

33 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yep, and then with Godleman & Madsen getting just the 1 run between them, I was really thinking we could have done with getting the out for under 200. 

A good job done by Hughes & Lace to bar through to the end of play though.

I have good feelings about Lace. England player inside 2 years, I reckon (a shame he's a Middlesex player really).

Archived