Rage Quitting the match.

Boycie

Sorry for the youngsters terminology in the title.

But, on Radio Derbys post match phone in a caller claimed he left on 20 mins.

Now, he's entitled to, but what if he's with someone else, a kid maybe, does it breed this type of reaction into future supporters or even put them off completely?

I was posting on another thread and said if you were to leave on 0-2 down on 20 mins wouldn't you at least give it until 10 mins of the second half?

Whats the earliest you have left?

Mine is about 70 mins against Reading this season, the first time ever.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Sorry for the youngsters terminology in the title.

But, on Radio Derbys post match phone in a caller claimed he left on 20 mins.

Now, he's entitled to, but what if he's with someone else, a kid maybe, does it breed this type of reaction into future supporters or even put them off completely?

I was posting on another thread and said if you were to leave on 0-2 down on 20 mins wouldn't you at least give it until 10 mins of the second half?

Whats the earliest you have left?

Mine is about 70 mins against Reading this season, the first time ever.

I must sound like a broken record :-) However I never used to leave early, I also used to look forward to games, having a season ticket for decades and decades, even the disastrous PL season I never felt like I didn’t get some enjoyment from the game.  

Until this season, I don’t leave early still for home games but only because we have a bus that does not leave until full, away though is a different matter, even games we have been winning in I have left to goto the pub instead.  Sad times, both now and next season.

Me and the missus did laugh yesterday. Guy near us refused to leave early with his wife because he "wanted to stay to the end so he can boo." Sorry if that's one of you guys, but his synicism did make me chuckle on what was otherwise an awful night.

Sith Happens
Just now, AdamRam said:

Do you goto all the games, genuine question as I thought I saw you posting whilst the match went on?

I'm a season ticket holder but no didn't go last night, you have a point? 

Just now, Paul71 said:

I'm a season ticket holder but no didn't go last night, you have a point? 

You said you don’t leave early, just trying to establish if you were there, no need to get defensive.  Can’t blame you, much warmer in front of the TV.

Sith Happens
Just now, AdamRam said:

You said you don’t leave early, just trying to establish if you were there, no need to get defensive.  Can’t blame you, much warmer in front of the TV.

I don't, if I had gone I would have stayed to the end.

I understand some people leave a few minutes early for health reasons but leaving on 20 minutes is ridiculous.  No game is ever decided that early.

I chose not to go last night, the second time this season I have chosen not to when it's been on sky.

Archived