Internet shopping

Angry Ram

I've noticed on Amazon that you can't take the reviews at face value. I've been caught out a couple of times buying from other sellers with good reviews and received some cheap knock-off tat or other.

When I've gone back to look again, yes they might have all 5 star reviews but on closer inspection, most of them are written in the same poor english, similar wording and usually all posted on the same day.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I like shopping. Can’t be arsed to scroll through pages and pages of pictures. 

Nice day out at Westfields, nice lunch. What could go wrong. 

Westfield Stratford on a Saturday is probably the closest to hell you can get without getting your toes burned.

Needed a new self-defrosting freezer a couple of weeks ago. After some research I found 1 particular model which satisfied all the criteria. AO - £199, Co-op electrical £199.98, John Lewis £140.

No brainer, except that JL was out of stock. However, they were as good as their word and emailed me when back in stock - £120, free delivery. When it came,2 working days later I examined it carefully to ensure they sent the right model (there's a cheaper. less well-appointed model with a simialr number), but yes, it was the right one.

It's still £199 with Co-op and AO. So yes, you can get a good bargain on't'internet, and it saved me a trip to Leicester (another plus point).

Good timing though, it's £199 now!

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I like shopping. Can’t be arsed to scroll through pages and pages of pictures. 

Nice day out at Westfields, nice lunch. What could go wrong. 

On your own maybe, go with the ‘trouble and it’s a trip including 5 clothes stores and buying garments that stay in the wardrobe for ever.

?

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I've noticed on Amazon that you can't take the reviews at face value. I've been caught out a couple of times buying from other sellers with good reviews and received some cheap knock-off tat or other.

When I've gone back to look again, yes they might have all 5 star reviews but on closer inspection, most of them are written in the same poor english, similar wording and usually all posted on the same day.

i also think some reviews are fake.

i posted a negative review about a product that turned out to be chinese counterfeit goods. Almost immediately two reviews got posted giving it 5 stars. 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

i also think some reviews are fake.

i posted a negative review about a product that turned out to be chinese counterfeit goods. Almost immediately two reviews got posted giving it 5 stars. 

Problem with Amazon review system is you can have 10 sellers of one product, reviews from all 10 will be mixed together including those that have sold dodgy items.

Aftershave/Perfume are the best reviews to see this in action, loads going for the cheaper option from other traders getting scammed.

They should really include the seller you purchased from in the review

21 minutes ago, Boycie said:

On your own maybe, go with the ‘trouble and it’s a trip including 5 clothes stores and buying garments that stay in the wardrobe for ever.

?

Got my bitch organised mate.. Electrical shops, men’s garms. Sports shops are allowed, nowt else.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

God, the stuff you can get online these days...blonde or brunette by the way ?

Wait until they are on buy one get one free.

On 30 March 2018 at 16:14, Boycie said:

Hey, don’t tell me you’ve not looked at women online, whilst polishing the brass on a Sunday.

The butler does the brass, I do the wife.

I look after my staff.. Got to explain this BIK to the tax man though.

On 3/29/2018 at 22:50, Gritters said:

I ordered a hoe and it's two days late. I don't think amazon is all it's cracked up to be. Although the alternative was a lot more expensive. 

sounds a bit dodgy , you sure it's yours ?

22 minutes ago, mozza said:

sounds a bit dodgy , you sure it's yours ?

It still hasn't arrived. It may be the bank holiday weekend I have got in touch with them and they reckon it shold be here. I actually went out yesterday and bought one from a shop with real people in.

I bet I end up with 3 in the end.

Archived