Are we really that bad?

Damon1985

Ok so maybe I'd be referred to as an "armchair fan" but I've had my fair share of season tickets.... Including the Gregory championship season! Awful!.... 

So are we over reacting over a 8 game drop in form? 

Were 5th in the table who imagined that last season? 

Bad is losing to Doncaster at home convincingly... Bad is away at Grimsby losing.... Some poor performances but we're hardly shocking. 

Rowett... Good or bad is quite inexperienced, he's learning from mistakes.... Sheffield u and Bristol city away anyone ? 

It annoys me that we expect so much. Were still in a play off hunt that's excitement. More than we expected at the start of the season. 

Chin up we could be Sunderland... Let's get behind the club. Negative vibes are killing us. 

We have no right to win games we have to earn it. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Damon1985 said:

Ok so maybe I'd be referred to as an "armchair fan" but I've had my fair share of season tickets.... Including the Gregory championship season! Awful!.... 

So are we over reacting over a 8 game drop in form? 

Were 5th in the table who imagined that last season? 

Bad is losing to Doncaster at home convincingly... Bad is away at Grimsby losing.... Some poor performances but we're hardly shocking. 

Rowett... Good or bad is quite inexperienced, he's learning from mistakes.... Sheffield u and Bristol city away anyone ? 

It annoys me that we expect so much. Were still in a play off hunt that's excitement. More than we expected at the start of the season. 

Chin up we could be Sunderland... Let's get behind the club. Negative vibes are killing us. 

We have no right to win games we have to earn it. 

Depends where you set the bar... Yours is just off the floor it appears.. 

Some of these comments make me want to puke to be honest.

We have reduced our attacking qualities since the summer and in January which is such a shame which is why so many are disappointed and with our quality defence and the inclusion of Huddlestone we would have been promoted automatically with the likes of Ince Russell Hughes Martin and Bryson  and winnall available and being selected but that’s all opinion the likes of Anya justifies never getting in the squad and Weiman is now our main threat when he should be a reserve whilst Jerome is a decent option with ten minutes to go but that’s about it and not to mention Lawrence who needs education on what to do and when to do it as his end product has been far to poor.

We could be Sunderland but we’re not, equally we could be Man Utd, City or Chelsea, same applies. We are Derby a Midlands team, with a fairly rich backer having spent a long time in the championship when the likes of Stoke, Leicester, Burnley, Middlesbrough and even Bournemouth have all been promoted in that period!

Its all about perspective, is it unfair to criticise Rowett we are wobbling in his first full season, possibly. Do we have a team capable of going up having spunked  money for several years, several managers and treading water progress wise? Well bit doubtful at present.

Is this season exciting? Points wise and something to play for? Oh YES, I’d have wanted top 6, most would look back st the pre season threads. Is the football exciting, not in the rip teams apart sense, with dominant passing football we saw glimpses of under Maclaren.

So I’m a glass half full, always believe fan. I’ll be cheering and expect the best each week, every year, because I want to dream my team can compete at the highest level possible. We are not that bad, we are not that good, we are just not fulfilling my dream and that of a few others, getting to the premiership, to pit our wits against the best in the top flight.

Roll on Cardiff.

Archived