Watershed moments

King Kevin

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

This ^.

GR: "I just think Cameron Jerome brings us something different". What exactly? I was expecting to see energy and power instead of CM's guile and intelligence.

I would start thinking about next season already...In a play-off series with Fulham, Villa, and Boro, we now do not have the depth to do it. 

Jerome does bring something different to the team. Instead of clever forwards who despite their limitations are great at this level, if utilised properly. We now have Jerome 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do we know Hughes didn’t tell Rowett he wanted a crack at the Prem simply because Rowett had made it quite plain in his first nine/ten games in charge he was surplus to requirements. 

Quite how we had no room for a player of Hughes’s quality still baffles me but if you live by the sword...

56 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

How do we know Hughes didn’t tell Rowett he wanted a crack at the Prem simply because Rowett had made it quite plain in his first nine/ten games in charge he was surplus to requirements. 

Agree. This is typical Rowett - saying he'd have wanted Hughes to stay but understanding he'd want a crack at the Prem, whilst leaving him out of the team last season. How dumb would Hughes have to be to know he wasn't wanted!?!

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Agree. This is typical Rowett - saying he'd have wanted Hughes to stay but understanding he'd want a crack at the Prem, whilst leaving him out of the team last season. How dumb would Hughes have to be to know he wasn't wanted!?!

Ah, typical Rowett. What an evil piece of work he is. 

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No this is typical RoyMac who will never believe Mclaren isn't coming back can't even get the Oxford job now 

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

No this is typical RoyMac who will never believe Mclaren isn't coming back can't even get the Oxford job now 

Lol. It's not to do with Mac, it's to do with the current manager - if he was up to the job there wouldn't be all these posts and threads. But hide behind 'it's all those bring back Mac fans', not me who can't see how it really is...

I’d argue that the actual watershed moments of the current era have been:

1) Bryson equaliser in the 4-4 - started it all off, official beginning of the current era 

2) Martin’s sending off at Burnley - we’d have got autos otherwise, I’m convinced of it

3) Gary O’Neill foul at Wembley - yes he was sent off but I think we’d have scored and won

4) Throwing away a 2-0 lead at home in injury time against Brum - started the rot in my opinion

5) Hughes and Bryson injuries in the first game of the season - led directly to signings which have hampered our midfield ever since and probably made the Hendrick sale inevitable 

6) Thorne leg break v Ipswich - hindsight is a wonderful thing, but why on earth did he play?

I’m not convinced we have had one this season yet. Injury time winner from Andre Wisdon at QPR tomorrow night perhaps, to start an 11-game winning run?

21 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I did say when we signed him we would be lucky to get 3-4 goals out of him this season. ( apart from the second goal of three against Brentford that he scored he cost us a win with the penalty give away against Norwich, so I don’t view him giving us anything extra)

That’s a pretty interesting conclusion you’ve managed to draw considering Norwich scored from open play anyway.

I don’t particularly rate Jerome tbh although he should’ve won us two extra points at home to Bristol City and also created Tom Lawrence’s open goal and Vydra hitting the post on Saturday with his work rate and endeavour.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

That’s a pretty interesting conclusion you’ve managed to draw considering Norwich scored from open play anyway.

I don’t particularly rate Jerome tbh although he should’ve won us two extra points at home to Bristol City and also created Tom Lawrence’s open goal and Vydra hitting the post on Saturday with his work rate and endeavour.

Well I saw them score from a penalty in the 1-1 draw!

Not sure I'd call it watershed as Ince clearly wanted to leave, but I can't help thinking that if we'd kept him for this season we'd be up there with Wolves running away with it.

Lawrence clearly has ability but he doesn't the ability to score anything like the number of goals that Ince put away for us on a regular basis, nor does he offer anything more defensivley than Ince did.

Archived