Vydra is the reason our goals are not shared out...

IlsonDerby

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

This sort of thread is the reason I normally stay away from here for a few days after a defeat. See you all again in a few days.

Have to agree you wonder what they are sniffing when they think Vydra is to blame  Wonder where we would be now without him probably looking forward to going to AFC Wimbledon next season 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I tend to think in reality we have been playing four up front which is why we never have the ball in midfield and Huddlestone has to hit it from 40 yards away hoping that someone gets on the end of it ( Russell used to make the correct runs to get a chance to get it)

Yes I think your right 

7 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Have to agree you wonder what they are sniffing when they think Vydra is to blame  Wonder where we would be now without him probably looking forward to going to AFC Wimbledon next season 

Hold on, you say ‘blame’ like the article is derogatory about him. It isn’t. It highlights a personal opinion that he isn’t the creative force that should be relied on in the number ten role. 

Hes a fabulous finisher and is clinical in front of goal. As you’d expect from a high cost striker, which is what he is, not a number 10!! 

‘Sniffing’ grow up. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Hold on, you say ‘blame’ like the article is derogatory about him. It isn’t. It highlights a personal opinion that he isn’t the creative force that should be relied on in the number ten role. 

Hes a fabulous finisher and is clinical in front of goal. As you’d expect from a high cost striker, which is what he is, not a number 10!! 

‘Sniffing’ grow up. 

Well you say that but since being moved to the number ten role he has been on fire ,not only in terms of goals but he is involved in every part of the game , 90 percent of the time he’s a one man whirlwind , we will have to agree to disagree because the vydra I see is very much involved in creating for others and so so much more

25 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Nobody and that’s the problem, for our most creative player he needs to be creating more. Currently he’s behind Huddlestone for creating chances in my opinion and huddlestone plays 20 yards behind him! I’m not criticising him as a player I just think he’s being asked too much. Our most deadly finisher needs to be concerned more with getting on the end of chances than creating but he can’t if he’s playing the 10 role. 

I didn’t say get rid and the others would improve but put someone more creative there and others will contribute more. 

Read your first post post and you very much did say get rid ,, think it was move him on in the summer when his stock is high?

6 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

He’s skilful and determined when running at players and he clearly knows where the back of the net is but for me a number 10’s key role is to be picking it up between the lines and creating. I don’t think Vydra has the speed of thought for the role he’s being asked to play and I think the number of goals he’s scored this season has masked this. 

I would look at moving him on in the summer when his stock is high after a goal heavy season. I would look at bringing in Palmer for the 10 role and spending the money on a new striker and a new winger (if we were to continue with 4231 6 defensive players bore fest). 

Until the end of the season I would play a 433 as I believe we have decent personnel for it.  

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth 

..................Ledley or Thorne

...........Palmer and Huddlestone 

Vydra...................................Lawrence

................Jerome 

I just can’t for the life of me see things improving in terms of creativity with such a static midfield. 

(For those suggesting we’ve scored lots of goals, our expected goals stat, which I know isn’t the be all, has been consistently low meaning we’ve been clinical not creative. We’ve scored more than expected based on the chances created) 

The Number on a players bacjk has no bearing on his role in the side Vydra is a STRIKER and not a midfield play maker,.I would have though that was obvious.As    for selling him pure lunacy oh and lastly Derbys lack of goals strange how only 2 side in the championship have scored more i suggest you get you facts ight in future

5 hours ago, nottingram said:

When Palmer came on yesterday he looked bright but was largely doing the same as what Vydra had been all game (especially first half), which was running at their back 4 only to pass the ball straight to Odoi or Ream (who tbf were both fantastic). 

Both fantastic players and tbh I don’t see huge issues with Palmer playing as one of the CM’s especially at home. We shouldn’t need two defensive bodies there really.

Based on ability, Palmer should be starting. Can only assume that he isn't considered fit enough to start. In which case, signing unfit players on loan not such a good idea.

Vydra isn't the reason the goals are not being shared out, that is down to other players not being as clinical with their finishing which is no fault of his.

Take Weimann for example yesterday, holds his run better and its 1-0 Derby. Vydra played a part right at the start of that move bringing the ball down the left laying it off to Weimann. Was great build up play which involved all 4 of the forwards. 

Nugent should have had Leeds the other week buried by half time.

We are creating chances and whilst we have struggled in some games, our recent dip in form in front of goal has been largely down to poor finishing. 

Also we have seen Vydra play out wide, he's no a winger, the change in formation and given the central role has allowed him to shine and become that player which may attract bids in the summer. Change in formation to a previous managers system and pushing our top goalscorer out wide makes little sense to me. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

‘Sniffing’ grow up. 

You clearly no absolutely nothing about Vydra he's been a number 10 all is career even at international level  Who says a number 10 has to be a provider I would imagine his assists match up with any other striker we have  There are players you can call out but Vydra is not one of them 

Sorry about the sniffing maybe its the smokes ?

31 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

You clearly no absolutely nothing about Vydra he's been a number 10 all is career even at international level  Who says a number 10 has to be a provider I would imagine his assists match up with any other striker we have  There are players you can call out but Vydra is not one of them 

Sorry about the sniffing maybe its the smokes ?

I’m not calling out for underperforming!!! He’s performing well as a goal scorer but not as a provider. 

He played as a front 2 in his most successful period at Watford playing off Deeney. 

May not be me that’s not done his research... 

2 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

The Number on a players bacjk has no bearing on his role in the side Vydra is a STRIKER and not a midfield play maker,.I would have though that was obvious.As    for selling him pure lunacy oh and lastly Derbys lack of goals strange how only 2 side in the championship have scored more i suggest you get you facts ight in future

I’m not suggesting his number has a bearing on his role. He isn’t played as a bloody striker he’s played in an attacking midfielder role behind the striker and if you can’t see that then it’s you who need to check your facts again! 

Also read the end of the post regarding us scoring a lot. Also look at our next highest goal scorer after Vydra. Simply not good enough for one player to have such responsibility for scoring! 

2 hours ago, archied said:

Read your first post post and you very much did say get rid ,, think it was move him on in the summer when his stock is high?

Yes unless he’s played as a striker then get rid because he’s too good/valuable to not be playing but he doesn’t create enough to be playing as an attacking midfielder! 

2 hours ago, archied said:

Well you say that but since being moved to the number ten role he has been on fire ,not only in terms of goals but he is involved in every part of the game , 90 percent of the time he’s a one man whirlwind , we will have to agree to disagree because the vydra I see is very much involved in creating for others and so so much more

We should have probably 4/5 players with over 10 goals instead we rely too heavily on him. He’ll score in any forward position but the most important part of the number 10’s role is to create goals for others. If we play 442 I think he’s the best striker in the division. I just don’t think he’s creative enough for the number 10 role. 

I like him as a player. I think he’s quality. I just think he’s a striker not a number 10. The reason he’s scored more goals is because he’s playing behind a foil (nugent). 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m not suggesting his number has a bearing on his role. He isn’t played as a bloody striker he’s played in an attacking midfielder role behind the striker and if you can’t see that then it’s you who need to check your facts again! 

Also read the end of the post regarding us scoring a lot. Also look at our next highest goal scorer after Vydra. Simply not good enough for one player to have such responsibility for scoring! 

So it was OK for Martin to score all the goals but not Vydra  Bet Spurs hate Harry Kane scoring all those goals 

9 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

He’s skilful and determined when running at players and he clearly knows where the back of the net is but for me a number 10’s key role is to be picking it up between the lines and creating. I don’t think Vydra has the speed of thought for the role he’s being asked to play and I think the number of goals he’s scored this season has masked this. 

I would look at moving him on in the summer when his stock is high after a goal heavy season. I would look at bringing in Palmer for the 10 role and spending the money on a new striker and a new winger (if we were to continue with 4231 6 defensive players bore fest). 

Until the end of the season I would play a 433 as I believe we have decent personnel for it.  

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth 

..................Ledley or Thorne

...........Palmer and Huddlestone 

Vydra...................................Lawrence

................Jerome 

I just can’t for the life of me see things improving in terms of creativity with such a static midfield. 

(For those suggesting we’ve scored lots of goals, our expected goals stat, which I know isn’t the be all, has been consistently low meaning we’ve been clinical not creative. We’ve scored more than expected based on the chances created) 

Stupid is, as stupid does 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Glad you agree it was Martin scoring all those goals, there's only Vydra now so he'll have to do it! :huh:

Yes but he had plenty of help from Bryson Hendrick and Hughes  Vydra usually has to do it on his own?

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m not calling out for underperforming!!! He’s performing well as a goal scorer but not as a provider. 

He played as a front 2 in his most successful period at Watford playing off Deeney. 

May not be me that’s not done his research... 

Sorry Ilson  he never played in a front 2 he played behind Deeney in a number 10  Check out Watford's videos especially the playoffs against Leicester and the final In fact he played deeper for Watford than he does for us 

Archived