Vydra is the reason our goals are not shared out...

IlsonDerby

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Vydra is not a number 10 no matter how many goals he has scored this season. He doesn’t have the intelligence to play in that position. He got away with it at Watford because deeney did all of his work for him and he had 3 midfielders behind him to help the front 3 of Deeney, Vydra and Ighalo.

- Number 10 is not a position.

- Players can be utilized in any way regardless of where they are positioned.

- Vydra is number 23.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Yeh I think he’d be fine in a 3-4-3 but even then, I’d feel that we would be overrun in midfield against the better sides because we don’t have anyone in the midfield with an engine. I think he’d be fine in a diamond formation as a number 10 or as a second striker too but we don’t have the legs in midfield nor the full backs currently

Carson

new   Keogh    Davies  new

Huddlestone   

new                   new

Lawrence

Martin     Vydra

Interesting. But don't see what Huddlestone brings to the party bar some intermittently accurate long passing?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Interesting. But don't see what Huddlestone brings to the party bar some intermittently accurate long passing?

I was wrong about Huddlestone being finished. He was poor at the start of the season but has turned into of our best players.

Huddlestone is one of the most talented players in the league but we way we utilise him, we won’t see that. He was brilliant under Marco Silva for Hull last season because he encouraged him to play his natural game whereas under old fashioned managers like Bruce and Rowett, he was/has not been able to unleash his talent. 

Huddlestone offers a whole lot more than just long balls, he is very good under pressure and has fantastic vision. I think he’d be brilliant in a McClaren team. Unfortunately, when we have donkeys around him, teams know they can stick 2 or three men on Huddlestone to pressurise him and to make him vulnerable because of his lack of pace.

4 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

- Number 10 is not a position.

- Players can be utilized in any way regardless of where they are positioned.

- Vydra is number 23.

Number 10 IS a position. The best managers in the world such as Mourinho, Klopp and Guardiola refer to players positions as numbers.  A number 10 is an attacking midfielder who plays just behind the striker. 

I disagree with your point that players can be utilised in any way. You just had to see how poor Vydra was last season when used in a 4-3-3 to know that isn’t true.

23 hours ago, McLovin said:

Yeh I think he’d be fine in a 3-4-3 but even then, I’d feel that we would be overrun in midfield against the better sides because we don’t have anyone in the midfield with an engine. I think he’d be fine in a diamond formation as a number 10 or as a second striker too but we don’t have the legs in midfield nor the full backs currently

Carson

new   Keogh    Davies  new

Huddlestone   

new                   new

Lawrence

Martin     Vydra

I think a 343 would be ok as long as didn't look to press in middle and had Hudds and Ledley blocking off space in front of the back 3. I can see what your going for but never been a fan of the diamond, I think it's a tricky formation to get working effectively and requires very good full backs.

18 hours ago, McLovin said:

I was wrong about Huddlestone being finished. He was poor at the start of the season but has turned into of our best players.

Huddlestone is one of the most talented players in the league but we way we utilise him, we won’t see that. He was brilliant under Marco Silva for Hull last season because he encouraged him to play his natural game whereas under old fashioned managers like Bruce and Rowett, he was/has not been able to unleash his talent. 

Huddlestone offers a whole lot more than just long balls, he is very good under pressure and has fantastic vision. I think he’d be brilliant in a McClaren team. Unfortunately, when we have donkeys around him, teams know they can stick 2 or three men on Huddlestone to pressurise him and to make him vulnerable because of his lack of pace.

I'm with you here. Find a way of playing that gives Huddlestone on the ball a lot with plenty of options and he will murder teams.

Archived