We won't finish in the top six

King Kevin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I blame bloody Dubai. Since we came back from there the wheels have fell off.

Warm weather training my arse, bet they all thought they’d done enough for second place.

Can someone explain the logic to me of warm weather training in Dubai when they're coming back to play in the freezing cold?

3 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Can someone explain the logic to me of warm weather training in Dubai when they're coming back to play in the freezing cold?

It’s a treat isn’t it. Maybe it’s the extra vitamin D also. But it seems every time Mel treats the team, by either warm weather training or a ride in his private jet to the game it goes tits up.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It’s a treat isn’t it. Maybe it’s the extra vitamin D also. But it seems every time Mel treats the team, by either warm weather training or a ride in his private jet to the game it goes tits up.

Be cheaper to give 'em a day off and a curry I reckon. :whistle:

1 hour ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

It reminds me a little bit of Billy Davies' promotion season after he started signing rubbish like Craig Fagan at Xmas and our performance went down, but we still made it to the play-offs.

But we made the play offs easily by finishing 8 points above the team in 4th....and then the “rubbish” Craig Fagan set the ball moving for the winning goal in the final....but let’s now let facts get in the way...

26 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But we made the play offs easily by finishing 8 points above the team in 4th....and then the “rubbish” Craig Fagan set the ball moving for the winning goal in the final....but let’s now let facts get in the way...

Billy's side was better.

But let's not pretend Fagan was any good. He half toe poked the ball away from a West Brom player at Wembley that inadvertently got the move going for our goal.

But essentially, Fagan was absolute shitt.

A poor man's Darren Currie :thumbsup:

I don't think (most) fans would have kicked off if we were around mid table, as long as it was clear we were building something. As long as we were bringing young players through. I don't see what our identity is. The football's crap, and that's fine, if you're winning. Billys football was crap, but it was efficient. 

Ours seems to reply on alright defenders playing out their skin for an entire season, and pacey attackers nicking goals on the break.  That's not an identity, or a philosophy to build around. That's just hoping for the best. 

We overacheived earlier on in the season and I think we're maybe underachieving in our performances now. We'll finish 8th imo and I think that's about our level. The depressing thing about that is that this team isn't young. It will only get worse with age and so we'll need to rebuild... again. 

We should have recruited young hungry players, and not expensive contracts on the career slide. 

15 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Care to expand on that cryptic comment 

Sure. My thought process for the past couple of weeks (when we started drawing/losing games and conceding goals) was that we would struggle for a spell. Much like the start of the season, we seemed to having turning points, usually after a big loss (Bristol City, Sheffield Utd) 

i think we will lose at QPR, to compound our current feeling of a team in free fall. And then we go to the City Ground. Win, or draw in a good game, and I can see us pushing on and getting our mentality right. Lose, or only get a point having been cruising in a morale hurting way, and I think the rot has set in.

I expect more in terms of a strong mentality from our older, more experienced heads. If we can’t get our heads screwed on, we may as well be playing the kids. At least they will have the energy to cause teams problems. I thought we did well in spells yesterday, but that’s our problem. We’ve had spells of poor play too, and switched off far too often when defending.

sorry for the long response.

Archived